Military Here?

My DH has spent 21 years in the Army National Guard. He was activated March 15, 2003 for duty in Iraq. Hopefully he will be home in July.

Welcome to our new people, and may God bless you all! We hope to see you posting here a lot. :wave:

Army wife here..............DH has been in for 14 years. We are currently in Ft. Drum NY. Thank God he's not deployed right now, but I'm sure this won't last long.............:confused:

DH is in the Naval Reserve-- joined after 9/11 in his mid thirties. He wanted to go active duty but is too old and has a career field (social worker) not much in demand in the active military. Instead, he's looking into civilian jobs serving the military in his field. We hope that works out because he regrets not going in active earlier, when he could have had a career.

I also have 2 nephews in the Army, one with the 1st Cav in Iraq, the other does something weird in Dahlonaga (I know I spelled that wrong) GA.

Thanks to all who serve/have served.
Julie

I have a Son In Law just getting ready to go overseas--not sure where yet. Army Ranger (communications, I think). Great to find the boards, DD is beside herself, trying to take care of things for the both of them. They just got married on 6/26. He left for Washington 6/27.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
God Bless!

parmtoo..
my DH and I are at FT Drum as well! I guess it really is a small world. You're lucky he isn't deployed though. My DH left on the 13th for a minimum of 6mos to Iraq. Good Luck on keeping your DH home!;)

I am a Hospital Corpsman in the NAVY getting ready to deploy on a ship for 8 months. I am ready to go, but will miss my two boys ages 3 and 8!
We are taking a trip to WDW for two weeks in August before I leave so they can have some really fun memories before Mommy leaves.

Good luck with your deployment and your trip to WDW. God Bless you and yours for (all of you!) for your dedication to our Nation!

I'm a US Navy SH-60B Helicopter Pilot. I've been in for 10 years with an additional 4 at the Naval Academy. I am unfortunately forced right now to fly a desk at the Bureau of Naval Personnel in Millington, TN. I'll be leaving here in a few months to return to a helo squadron and get back in the fight.

I and my husband are Navy Veterans. He was in for 10 years and was in the gulf war. After that he was in the Guard. We are in the process of trying to change his RE Code so he can get back in. He was on Med Hold for the longest time and was forced out after he was found fit for duty. He has a honorable dishcharge and was able to get into the guard after. The recruiter has said that he got a person's RE code changed and drugs were involved. Now hubby wasn't bad in any way and was honorable so he said there is a good chance of him getting back in (but that is his opinion of course lol)

Oh he was on four ships out of san diego and he had shore duty for like 2 years

I was in the first female company at Great Lakes naval recruiting station in jully of 94. That is my only claim to fame lol. Had the chance of being orlandos last or Great Lakes first. I believe it was very um ..... not lienient but sense it was all new... well ok it might have been just a little.... it was history we were all told... over and over again lol...

after I went to naval station 32nd street in San Diego then ACU5 at Camp Pendleton which I REALLY liked.

I want to go back to san diego sooo bad!

Army, Marines, and Air Force buddy here.

I have a friend in Basic right now for the Army
Another friend going to be a Marine medic
and I know a guy in the USAF.

Both my Grandfathers were in the Korean War. Air Force and Army. Very proud of them.

I might as well join in. DH was active duty over 10 years. DS was born in Germany a week before he got home from Desert Storm. He was a reservist the past 9 years. As of this past week, he was activated and left for VA for mobilization with Iraq his next destination. Should be 12 long months. :( He will get a 2 week leave in this staff position. He was "picked" from a list of Lt. Cols to fill a slot. Lucky us. :worried:

Hello,

I am glad to hear all the people going to WDW for the memories.

I don't think people understand how important memories are,

I always hope my children remember all the fun we have and

making the best of the trips we go on instead of all the deployments, tdy's and training schedules. Thank God for Disney.

Active Duty Air Force female for 15 years and counting

Air Force Reserve here. My dh is active has 8.5 years until he retires. He's SF, I'm Information Management

I'm an Army Wife of almost 2 years now...I was AGR with the NC National Guard before I got married, my hubby is currently at Camp Hovey, South Korea for an 18 month hardship tour, he's a Scout...any other Scout Wives out there? BTW....Buzz and Woodys mom, we're neighbors, I'm living in Wilmington while my hubby is gone....How JVille treating you? :rotfl2:

Army veteran of the cold war.

Army spouse for 11 years....so military for 15 years total.

Now divorced and working for the para-military police types!

I know what they do in Dahlonaga, Georgia....ranger training! I used to train them (yes I am a female type..this was when I was a civilian)...rapelling down rocks...face first...ah...my crazy days!

Thinking of all our service members...and I consider spouses as serving our country...sometimes their job is even harder!

Grew up a military brat (father was in AF) and DH is active air national guard currently deployed.

And looky looky looky...he'll be home on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I'm currently active duty AF (just over 18 years), stationed in Washington DC. DH retired from active duty AF last November, after 20 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!