Military Here?

DH is a Civil Engineer with USAF...actually right now his current assignment is ROTC instructor. Both our marriage and time in USAF will be 10 years this October! WOO HOO!!

We have been "lucky" --- have not moved around much. Will not help DH to make General, but we have made the choices which have been best for the two of us.....very difficult to do in the military.

Only planned on the 4 years to fulfill his scholarship commitment....you military spouses know the rest....they get the "bug" and need to stay!

My DH is a USAF IDMT/Paramedic. Been in for 17 years now. He's currently serving a one-year unaccompanied. (51 weeks to go :rolleyes: )

My dad was a 30 year USAF B52 pilot.

DH is Air Force TACP. So far its been two years, but he wants a few more enlistments before leaving the military. He's headed to Iraq in less than two weeks for a minimum of 6 mos. :(

My dad is still in the Navy after 25 yrs and will probably stay in until they kick him out. He's in Spain right now married to wife #5.:rolleyes:

DH is in the Navy about to go on deployment on Monday, to the Mediterrenean and Persian Gulf. FIL was in the Marines, a Vietnam Vet and two time Purple Heart recipient.

We are a Marine family. DH has been a Marine Officer for 18 years. Just heard yesterday he is deploying again first of the year. Just found you all (your community). I live in a HUGE military town but nice to know you all are here as well.

Tare care
B&W Mom

Army wife of 18 months here and already managed a year deployment to the great sandbox of Iraq. Please contact me if you need help with deployment issues or need ideas of what you should send in goody boxes to your loved ones. I didn't know anything about the army when my DH left but learned very quickly. Hang in there to you families that are deploying. You have the strength and courage to face this. I promise :)

Tina

Thanks so much. This is not our first deployment or war so we are set in the area of knowing what to send and to take but the support would be greatly appeciated :earsgirl: Best to you and your family!!!

DH is active duty Navy. We already have two deployments under our belt. Thankfully, he is on shore duty right now.

:D

Sorry your DH has 2 deployments. I usually feel worse for Navy wives than Marine or Amry wives during peace time since Navy ships go on deployments every 6 months but with Marine deployments they are on land, usually hostile which sucks since they are right there. A deployment is a deployment and all around they suck and are hard. CNN is in your face all of the time, even if you turn it off at home, the doctor's office, eating out etc. Many time my boys will catch a Marine on TV and think it is their Daddy and I get their attention away very quickly since it is usually someone hurt, dead or in gun battle. I have always tried really hard to keep their attention elsewhere. This next deployment will hard since it is back on land to Iraq again and my oldest has clue since we live in a huge Marine town. I pray the region stabilizes some. Good luck to you!

Thank him for his service for us and our country!!! I am from SC and went to USC. Where you do live there? We transferred from San Diego back to the East Coast (NC) recently.

Take care :wave:

What a cool thread! I just found this board and think it's wonderful to have a place for military families to share.

We're "new" military, I guess. DS, 19, just completed Air Force basic training in May and is still hanging around the base waiting to get into his tech training. So I can't complain; it will be a while before he gets into any serious situations, I hope.

Ever since we went down to his graduation, though, we've been spending time thinking about all the military "history" in the family, from his two grandpas (one Army, one Navy, Korea) to his great grandpa (Army WWI) and all the uncles, great uncles, aunts, etc. (his dad was Army ROTC in college but dropped out of school to get married and support a family). DH has all the relatives searching for pictures of them in uniform to do a sort of photo collage...so I guess we're not all that "new" to the military after all, if you look at it that way.::yes::

Welcome, Mom B.
My Dh has been in the Air Force/Air National Guard for over 20 years. God bless your son!

Thanks so much, Otto's Doll! Best wishes to your hubby too. 20 years is a very long time. I really admire him for being out there for the rest of us all that time. By the way, my son went in with the "intention" of going "career"; we'll see how he feels after the first 4 years are up.

:wave2:

My father served 31 years in the Navy (Korea & Vietnam). I have one brother retired from the Army, two brothers retired from the Navy, a brother-in-law who is also retired navy. My twin brother and I both served in the Marines.

My husband recently retired after 34.5 years in the Navy (Vietnam & Gulf War I) and we had two sons in the Marines (one a Somalia vet) and a daughter in the Navy.

Our prayers are with all the brave souls currently serving - and those past veterans.

Have a great day!

100% Disabled Vietnam Veteran here! Started out with 1st Division (Big Red One) 11B10 Infantry, ended up with 9th Division 50th Infantry LRRP. Lots of combat and lots of pride in being and American!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Originally posted by Franco56
100% Disabled Vietnam Veteran here! Started out with 1st Division (Big Red One) 11B10 Infantry, ended up with 9th Division 50th Infantry LRRP. Lots of combat and lots of pride in being and American!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

My DS is with the 1st Infanty (big red one too!)1st Batt. 6th field artillery currently in Iraq, welcome to the Dis!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter