• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Military Discount 2022??

Question about Salute tickets and cancellations - Are these refundable at all? If buy them directly from Shades of Green? We are planning on going in March 2022 and have our room (basic package) and our plane tickets. Waiting on salute tickets to come out for that period. However, we are not vaccinated and with the progression of events, I'm worrying about our trip being cancelled either by Disney requirements or airline requirements by that time. We're very happy to take covid tests, but aren't getting vaccinated. If requirements change, is there a chance we can get refunds on salute tickets if we get them?

They are non-refundable.

Question about Salute tickets and cancellations - Are these refundable at all? If buy them directly from Shades of Green? We are planning on going in March 2022 and have our room (basic package) and our plane tickets. Waiting on salute tickets to come out for that period. However, we are not vaccinated and with the progression of events, I'm worrying about our trip being cancelled either by Disney requirements or airline requirements by that time. We're very happy to take covid tests, but aren't getting vaccinated. If requirements change, is there a chance we can get refunds on salute tickets if we get them?
I am guessing no...or at least that's what I am hearing about Universal passes. We were getting nervous about our planned Universal trip and the Freedom Pass is only good until Dec. 31.

I guess that means we wait on the Salute tickets as long as possible until park reservations start to become an issue. :guilty:

I think the days of park reservations being a big problem are likely over. I think Disney is just keeping them for management decisions on things like staffing etc. I'd still expect days around maybe Christmas to potentially sell-out, but otherwise I think the parks will likely stay wide open on reservations. They've basically gone back to full capacity I think.

I thought they were not refundable, not sure if you can convert them to another ticket type if necessary but could check. I haven't yet had the need to do request that or a refund, but I'm sure they - SoG - get this question quite a bit as situations come up and could answer.

I think most on here read the militarydisneytips site, although we'll probably see it posted in an announcement right before.

Hoping to hear something soon as well. We have booked at the Pop Century in March and I am really excited about being on the Skyliner!

No news yet, reading the blog over on Steve's and checked this week on the Special Offer Page. I wonder when room discounts would go out, too. News on 2022 discounts and other things is quiet right now.

I read this on another blog from someone who emailed and asked:

"I sent an email to the link you’d provided and got a call back today from a castmember with the “Executive Correspondence Team.”
She said Disney hasn’t announced any discounts for 2022 yet because of the Disney Dining Plan not being in effect right now. According to her, Disney isn’t going to release military discounts until the announcement of the return of the dining plan because so many military families want to add the dining plan to their package. But she has no idea when that will be."

So hopefully when they announce the dining plan, we'll get some good news!

"I sent an email to the link you’d provided and got a call back today from a castmember with the “Executive Correspondence Team.”
She said Disney hasn’t announced any discounts for 2022 yet because of the Disney Dining Plan not being in effect right now. According to her, Disney isn’t going to release military discounts until the announcement of the return of the dining plan because so many military families want to add the dining plan to their package. But she has no idea when that will be."

I read that too, maybe it was on militarydisneytips. We never do the dining plan. I don't see what the dining plan has to do with park tickets. It sounds to me like something someone on Disney's end of the phone wanted to pass off as a reason to have something to say, but is it really the reason, who knows. The people with visits planned for January that need to purchase tickets must be getting anxious. And then, if you have to get them from Shades of Green, anxious more.

Wow, what a spin. This makes no sense.

I am being vague on purpose.

I normally do not provide this type of information.

I have been in contact with someone who is knowledgeable on tickets and they said the mil tix will be released on Nov 16th.

I consider this person honest and reliable.

Between what MDT posted and my source, we are right on the edge of having the tickets being made available.

I saw the disneytips and the Facebook postings yesterday on the supposed prices integrating Genie +. I still have so much to learn on how Genie works. Good for planning (tickets I mean, Genie not sure yet) for those making plans, but we already decided not going to WDW for spring 2022. Once I hear Tron's projected dates, I'll make plans but it'll be later in the year. Will bet ticket prices are out on Disney site by Veterans Day, nice thing to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter