• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Midwest Family Vacation to Hawaii

We have 2 children and usually do a hotel/resort on Waikiki and a condo on the other islands. I like condos with kids because the kitchen comes in handy for breakfast and lunch. On Maui we like Maui Kaanapali Villas and on the Big Island we like Kolea which we booked through Waikoloa Vacation Rentals. For Maui Kaanapali Villas, you can PM me for some direct owner rentals if you are interested.

We have flown Southwest to Hawaii and it was fine but we live in CA so it is a shorter flight. Have fun planning!

I would personally avoid Waikiki. If you want to see the North Shore, then finding a rental house or staying at Turtle Bay is by far the easiest way. The beaches are way quieter and surrounded by palm trees, rather than high rise hotels.

Pearl Harbor is close to both Waikiki and Aulani. Super easy to get to.

Have a car for as much of the trip as you can, since public transit exists but takes a long time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter