Mid size SUV question

Monkeyfeet

Mouseketeer
So the car rental places are saying that these can just fit two pieces of luggage in the back and 5 people. We are a family of 4 and will probably have 3 pieces of luggage and a stroller. We will not be in the car that much, so if it is a tight fir then that is ok.

I just know that often they say it only fits a small number of bags and we have been able to fit more.

Anyone have experience with this size vehicle and what were you able to fit in the back?

Our dd, 7, will be in a booster and ds, 3, a carseat, so there will be a little room in between them if need be.

We rented a mid-sized SUV in Phoenix a couple of years ago. There were 4 of us, with like 6 or 7 pieces of luggage in all. We were travelling for 10 days. We crammed it all in. I think the car we got was a Jeep Liberty. Definitely small in the rear, but it was doable. Then we drove from Phoenix to Disneyland, so we did it with no problem. You should be fine.

The stroller may be your only worry because it's awkward in size.

HTH

We rented from Budget the past trip and got a Nissan Xterra for our "standard SUV" so not sure what the difference between that and mid size is, but we were able to fit our 4 large suitcases (I had to hold the smaller one on my lap) and our double stroller folds pretty flat so it all just barely fit, but it DID fit. I guess it just depends what vehicle they actually give you.

We rented from Budget the past trip and got a Nissan Xterra for our "standard SUV" so not sure what the difference between that and mid size is, but we were able to fit our 4 large suitcases (I had to hold the smaller one on my lap) and our double stroller folds pretty flat so it all just barely fit, but it DID fit. I guess it just depends what vehicle they actually give you.

the difference is a standard SUV is larger than a mid size SUV. Mid size SUVs are usually a Toyota Rav 4, Ford Escape, Jeep compass Jeep Patriot and Liberty, Kia Sportage.
Standard SUVs are Ford Explorer or Edge, Dodge Journey, Jeep Chrokee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter