Microsoft Office Discount for Gov. Employees

djmeredith

DIS Veteran
I work for state government and just purchased the Microsoft Office Pro Plus package for $9.95! That's $400 worth of software. So, if you are a state or federal government employee, don't forget about this discount!

I just work for a local hospital and we get the same discount, as well as the opportunity to add on Visio or MS Project, for an additional $9.95ea. Most medium to large companies who use Microsoft Office products, have something similar available, if they haven't told you about it, contact your IT department and ask.

And students at select universities.

Plus if your kid is studying IT, they get it for free.

What about County Employee's, do they get it? I'll have to have DH inquire at work. Thanks!!

I would assume county government employees are eligible as well. Google "Microsoft Office government employee discount" and you should find a link to the info. Basically, you just have to put in your work email address and it will tell you if you qualify. FYI, the gov employee discount is about $70 less than even the student/faculty discount. Apple also offers discounts to gov employees, but I don't know the details.

I would assume county government employees are eligible as well. Google "Microsoft Office government employee discount" and you should find a link to the info. Basically, you just have to put in your work email address and it will tell you if you qualify. FYI, the gov employee discount is about $70 less than even the student/faculty discount. Apple also offers discounts to gov employees, but I don't know the details.

Thanks for that info. My DH's work is not eligible but I work for a law firm and it was. I'm downloading now. I'd of never known about this so thanks for the hint about googling. My kids always use my work laptop for these programs so now we'll be able to use the home laptop too!

I have been a fan of this for years. Every time I get a new computer, I get the code and order. Not sure if every agency policy says this but our agency states that once you leave, you are supposed to remove it from your computer.

Just something to read in the fine print. I don't know if anyone ever does, I haevn't left my agency yet.

Kim

I got mine through my college as the PP said. I installed it on all my computers. It's mine to keep.

What if you dont have a work email? My husband doesnt as he is a sheriff deputy

So there are two types of discounts that come up with Microsoft. One is to purchase the software, and one is an extension of you work license called the "home use program".

Home use program is the one that normally comes up at 9.95. With it you don't own the software, you are using an extension of your work license at home. It's good as long as the company carries Software Assurance for MS Office and you are an employee.

It's a great deal, I just wan to make sure people know that if they are using the HUP and their company doesn't renew software assurance they will get an email asking them to uninstall office.

This doesn't happen very often, most of the time companies stay at a similar level during their EULA renewal. Technically you should uninstall HUP office after leaving that job, but it isn't enforced.

Additionally, it's only supposed to be for the employee, you are supposed to uninstall it when you leave, it's a program only open if your employer has an EA through Microsoft and your company chooses to offer it, you can only get each version once....and there are a ton of other caveats. This isn't a $10 no strings attached copy of Office. The liability here is big enough that the company I work for has an ea and isn't sure if we will offer the HUP.

I have office from my old employer. I was never asked to uninstall it. Hopefully I don't get any hate emails coming up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter