Mickey ear headband irritation prevention tips?

minnie1012

DIS Veteran
My girls love to wear their Mickey ear headbands but they always bother them behind their ears. I tried stretching out the band a bit but nothing helps. Also they are so expensive I don't want to break them! Does anyone have any tips to make them more comfortable?

They now have some adjustable Minnie ears that velcro behind your head. They are not available in all styles, however.

1656676609152.png

I find the ones that a lot of Etsy sellers make to be more comfortable because they often use more comfortable headbands to start.

I've had success with stretching out the headbands, but it takes a while. Can't really be done on the trip if you are buying new ears. If you have something sturdy you can stretch the headband over and leave it sit overnight, that may help for the next day. I have found the headbands to be very sturdy and never felt like I was at risk of breaking one.

My girls love to wear their Mickey ear headbands but they always bother them behind their ears. I tried stretching out the band a bit but nothing helps. Also they are so expensive I don't want to break them! Does anyone have any tips to make them more comfortable?
I'm jealous!!! Four girls later and the only thing I can get them to wear is a cloth rubber band and that's usually only when we are in Florida (the water and their hair do not mix well)

My DD's and I try to remember to take them off on attractions. Not only does it give that spot behind your ears a break, sometimes it's nice for people sitting behind you.

You can hot glue on foam fabric where it goes behind your ears, we did that when my girls were little and just glued padding right where they squeeze behind the ears.

Some of the newer disney ears are more comfy but if you find they're not any better after stretching overnight before wearing, you can usually cut the end of the fabric, pull the headband out and add your own more comfy headband. Just have to make sure you can feel the headband is not connected to the fabric, not all ears are like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts