Mickey Bar Ingredients

ekatiel

DIS Veteran
Ok, so I posted this question a while ago on the DisAbilities board, but it moves pretty slow over there, and no one answered, so I thought I'd give it a shot over here. Does anyone know if the mickey ice cream bar has egg in it or not? DS is egg allergic, and it would make my year if I knew he could have the ice cream bar!!! I know I can just email Brenda Bennett about it, but I thought I'd ask here first! TIA!--Katie

My DD is allergic to eggs and nuts so we checked the mickey mouse bar and it was egg and nut free. That was 2 years ago so assuming they haven't changed vendors/recipes, you should be OK. OH--and it is D-LISH:thumbsup2

Except for the shape, it's the same as a Dove milk chocolate ice cream bar from your grocery store.

YEA!!! This makes me SUPER happy! :banana: We took the boys to Sea World this Summer (in San Antonio) and their Shamu Ice Cream bars have egg in them. DS will be super excited to find out he can have a mickey bar!!! And that takes a lot of worry off of me as to how he'll be spending his snack credits-- he has a wheat allergy, too, so his choices are a bit limited for snacks! Thanks for helping us out with this info! --Katie

I would like to warn you.
That Nestle no longer has a contract with Disney. Blue Bunny is replacing them. In Blue Bunny's Natural Vanilla Ice Cream it contains:

Milk, Cream, Sugar, Skim Milk, Grade A Nonfat Dry Milk, Egg Yolks, Natural Vanilla Extract and Vanilla Beans.

I would be sure to ask the people at the stand to read the back of the Mickey Bar BEFORE getting one. If they are using their Natural Vanilla, it does contain eggs.

Except for the shape, it's the same as a Dove milk chocolate ice cream bar from your grocery store.

no, it's not... ds is nut allergic and cannot eat dove products... but he can eat mickey bars as they are not manufactured in a factory that processes nuts!

For the most accurate information I would email Brenda. I have 2 kids with severe allergies and on very limited diets. Brenda will be able to give you the most up to date info on food allergies related to your child. You may enjoy your trip more knowing what has changed and what hasn't. Have a safe trip.

No, no it's not.

Description: Dove Bar® Milk Chocolate Vanilla

Ingredients:
Ice Cream: Cream, Skim Milk, Milk, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Natural Flavor, Mono And Diglycerides, Carob Bean Gum, Guar Gum, Egg Yolks, Carrageenan, Beta Carotene.

Coating: Milk Chocolate (Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Skim Milk, Chocolate, Milkeat, Lactose, Soy Lecithin, Artificial Flavor), Semisweet Chocolate (Sugar, Chocolate Processed With Alkali, Chocolate, Cocoa Butter, Milkfat, Soy Lecithin, Natural And Artificial Flavors), Coconut Oil, Palm Oil.

Mickey's "Premium" Ice Cream Bar (artificially flavored, vanilla ice cream with chocolatey coating):

Milkfat (not even cream)
and nonfat milk,

coating
(sugar
chocolate
coconut oil
dutch processed cocoa powder
soybean oil
cocoa butter
dairy oil
soy lecithin
artificial flavors),

sugar,
corn syrup (the problem in our household),
whey powder,

stabilizer
(mono-diglycerides
cellulose gum
locust bean gum
calcium sulfate
polysorbate 80
carrageenan),

natural and artificial flavor,
turmeric extract color,
annatto color

All from my wrapper from my November Disneyland/DCA trip.

In cases of allergies, it's always safest to err on the side of caution. I agree with the PP who suggests that you have the CM read the back of the package to you immediately before purchasing the product.

Disney frequently changes their distributors and though the packaging may look the same, the ingredients could well be different from the last time that you (or someone else) had the product and shared what was in it at that time.

I really feel for anyone dealing with allergies. It's so difficult to just relax and eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter