• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway opens March 4th!

We’re on our way home now after driving over for our fp. I thought the ride was pretty cute. It wasn’t ground breaking but there was so much to see that it definitely needs to be ridden more than once. It was just the two of us and we got pulled aside and they put us in a handicap car. We were fine with it because we got on the ride quicker. We were in the last car of our train and I do think we missed some things by being in the back

We did get stopped twice on the ride. I don’t think we missed anything but I wouldn’t know since I’ve never ridden it before. I actually think they could have a pregnancy warning on the ride. Being as far as I am I wasn’t worried but the part of the ride with Daisy would’ve made me nervous at the beginning of pregnancy. It was pretty jerky.

For those who have rope dropped this attraction at DHS, I have a question. I’m wondering how the rope drop for MMRR process goes before the park officially opens? Do they have a designated “pre-waiting” queue/area for those who are trying to rope drop that attraction first thing so they don’t all just storm the attraction’s entrance... or do they just hold people behind a General all of the park rope and is it then just an “okay, the park is open... go get in line” type of a thing? I’m just wondering where we should be positioning ourselves when we enter the park. Wanna be sure of our game plan.

Also, to be able to rope drop the attraction with a relatively low to medium wait AND attempt to snag a boarding group for Rise... what time should we be planning to arrive at the park in the morning? Is taking the first 6:30 AM-ish bus to DHS too late... or is that fine for what I’ve described? The park will be opening at 8 AM and we will be there next Friday the 13th (ooo... scary!!). I’m hoping for good luck!

Last edited:
Being as far as I am I wasn’t worried but the part of the ride with Daisy would’ve made me nervous at the beginning of pregnancy. It was pretty jerky.
That's what I'm thinking may also be the concern of those folks with the 3-mo old.

For those who have rope dropped this attraction at DHS, I have a question. I’m wondering how the rope drop for MMRR process goes before the park officially opens? Do they have a designated “pre-waiting” queue/area for those who are trying to rope drop that attraction first thing so they don’t all just storm the attraction’s entrance... or do they just hold people behind a General all of the park rope and is it then just an “okay, the park is open... go get in line” type of a thing? I’m just wondering where we should be positioning ourselves when we enter the park. Wanna be sure of our game plan.

Also, to be able to rope drop the attraction with a relatively low to medium wait AND attempt to snag a boarding group for Rise... what time should we be planning to arrive at the park in the morning? Is taking the first 6:30 AM-ish bus to DHS too late... or is that fine for what I’ve described? The park will be opening at 8 AM and we will be there next Friday the 13th (ooo... scary!!). I’m hoping for good luck!
Someone posted on the bg thread their experience with trying to get bg while getting in line for mmrr
They actually fill the outdoor queue of mmrr so you are waiting in line already if you rope drop mmrr

Someone posted on the bg thread their experience with trying to get bg while getting in line for mmrr
They actually fill the outdoor queue of mmrr so you are waiting in line already if you rope drop mmrr

Oh, I see! Are they opening the park well before 8 AM like they have been and those who enter the park and go into queue for MMRR, immediately ride even if the park isn’t “officially open”? I’m wondering if it is possible to ride the attraction and be off and outside before 8 AM to be ready to acquire a boarding group? Or, if they don’t let anybody ride MMRR until 8 AM, would it be best to just stay near the attraction entrance once in the park and try for a boarding group when they drop around 8 AM and then join the MMRR queue after that’s over with??

Oh, I see! Are they opening the park well before 8 AM like they have been and those who enter the park and go into queue for MMRR, immediately ride even if the park isn’t “officially open”? I’m wondering if it is possible to ride the attraction and be off and outside before 8 AM to be ready to acquire a boarding group? Or, if they don’t let anybody ride MMRR until 8 AM, would it be best to just stay near the attraction entrance once in the park and try for a boarding group when they drop around 8 AM and then join the MMRR queue after that’s over with??
yes the entrance has been opening way before 8am, the attraction has opened before 8 and right at 8, depending on crowds

Got to DHS around 7:15 this morning, through security, scanned and in the MMRR line by 7:30. They started letting people on at 7:45. I rode at 9. It is not technically a rope drop as there is a preset line you join.

We’re on our way home now after driving over for our fp. I thought the ride was pretty cute. It wasn’t ground breaking but there was so much to see that it definitely needs to be ridden more than once. It was just the two of us and we got pulled aside and they put us in a handicap car. We were fine with it because we got on the ride quicker. We were in the last car of our train and I do think we missed some things by being in the back

We did get stopped twice on the ride. I don’t think we missed anything but I wouldn’t know since I’ve never ridden it before. I actually think they could have a pregnancy warning on the ride. Being as far as I am I wasn’t worried but the part of the ride with Daisy would’ve made me nervous at the beginning of pregnancy. It was pretty jerky.
Guess it depends on your personal habits. I found it no worse than say, jogging, which some pregnant women do on a daily basis.

The were definitely pulling out single riders yesterday. Many CM's yelling "single" or "i need one" yesterday.
We even got pulled out as a party of 2, but a bit further along than the spot where they call for single riders.
Our was a case of being in the right spot at the time they needed 2 and no one else was paying attention to the CM

Guess it depends on your personal habits. I found it no worse than say, jogging, which some pregnant women do on a daily basis.
I go to the gym daily and do lots of exercising (no jogging because of bad knees). It was the motion of her pulling us from side to side that bothered me. I thought it felt sudden and jerky

We even got pulled out as a party of 2, but a bit further along than the spot where they call for single riders.
Our was a case of being in the right spot at the time they needed 2 and no one else was paying attention to the CM
Did they pull you to the front or put you in a handicap car? I’m curious because they pulled us out of line and had us join a couple in a handicap car at a different loading area

Did they pull you to the front or put you in a handicap car? I’m curious because they pulled us out of line and had us join a couple in a handicap car at a different loading area
No. Just a regular car. No one else in ear shot of the CM was a group of 2, they were all larger and the train had 2 open spots. So just pure luck that we were standing there at the CM and fit the open spaces

I thought they didn't have handicap cars, just a separate loading area where the person in a wheelchair o ecv can take time to transfer to the regular car

I thought they didn't have handicap cars, just a separate loading area where the person in a wheelchair o ecv can take time to transfer to the regular car
I guess I considered it handicapped because it was off to the side but you’re right that he had to be transferred into the vehicle. I didn’t realize there was a different name for it.

My friend will have his own hot spot active for us to use to try and acquire a boarding group... so, if we’re in the MMRR and happen to be inside (at least the queue portion of the Chinese Theatre, not the attraction itself), does anybody know if networks work inside that portion of the building or not? Like... I’m wondering what a good strategy would be. If they start putting people through the attraction earlier than the park’s opening time by a decent amount, should we just head in, ride and come out to try and grab a boarding group? Or, should we just hang around outside the building til 8 AM... join the queue but stay outside... join the queue but don’t actually go into the show building portion for the ride itself? Just wondering what the best-laid practice here would be... getting a boarding group for Rise is a tip-top priority of my party, so I wanna make sure that happens as best as possible but still don’t want to be left out of getting onto Runaway Railway with not too bad of a wait. Thoughts??

Also, can anybody suggest a good “arrive at the park entrance” time of the morning to make sure this all has the best stress-free chances of happening?

My friend will have his own hot spot active for us to use to try and acquire a boarding group... so, if we’re in the MMRR and happen to be inside (at least the queue portion of the Chinese Theatre, not the attraction itself), does anybody know if networks work inside that portion of the building or not? Like... I’m wondering what a good strategy would be. If they start putting people through the attraction earlier than the park’s opening time by a decent amount, should we just head in, ride and come out to try and grab a boarding group? Or, should we just hang around outside the building til 8 AM... join the queue but stay outside... join the queue but don’t actually go into the show building portion for the ride itself? Just wondering what the best-laid practice here would be... getting a boarding group for Rise is a tip-top priority of my party, so I wanna make sure that happens as best as possible but still don’t want to be left out of getting onto Runaway Railway with not too bad of a wait. Thoughts??

Also, can anybody suggest a good “arrive at the park entrance” time of the morning to make sure this all has the best stress-free chances of happening?

I would not chance it unless your friend knows that they can get a good signal in the building. I've had too many problems in too may buildings (Verizon). I'd stand aside and let people pass you in the queue. But I have a feeling that as soon as people start doing this a lot where they have a line of people outside the building, they'll change the procedures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter