• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway opens March 4th!

Any reports of fast pass availability day of with refreshing?
Was anyone able to grab one during the day?

While in line today, it did slow down before going into the building. Some folks got discouraged and left the line. Posted SB time kept going up after we got stopped right at the neon sign so I think our timing just worked out.

Big, portable water station (free) setup at SB queue entrance. They have those cone paper cups and some got refills.

Oh....lots of umbrellas for shade.

Just wondering if it’s ok for someone with back issues. Toy Story is fine for me
I have neck issues, so not exactly the same, but I have to be careful with what I ride too. I rode this morning and am okay. Less jarring than a coaster, more jarring than RotR. I could keep myself braced pretty well and will ride again.

I was there today for rope drop. Arrived via Lyft around 6:30 am. Bag check was a breeze and then we joined the masses (myself with my 10 year old son). Here is what it looked like in front of me around 6:30:

8B8EEE08-0FC5-4603-B1C5-9365D5EA2773.jpeg

This was behind me before they let people start scanning in:

8C64FB5B-AFE0-49DD-850A-7F37D460068F.jpeg

They started letting people scan around 6:50 wish. It was chaos and crowded, but we scanned in by 6:52. We headed straight to MMRR, as most people were. They had TONS of cm's working and with signs. They were constantly reworking the direction of the line so it didn't block the path. This is what it looked like when we first got in line:

30199FAE-D5EE-445C-8B06-ECBF983C45F8.jpeg

The line moved almost constantly--ride was up and running! People seemed in a good mood and happy for the new ride. This is what the sign said right before we entered the building:

E34EB1C8-66F0-4E0C-9390-5FAC5E408C68.jpeg

We saw it change from 180 to 240 to 300. Really, I think they were just picking numbers! Once we got into the building, it was about 20 minutes. By that time, it was very close to 8 am. People wanted to join a boarding group for ROTR--something more to think about. Some were "pulling over" and letting others pass them in the line. We weren't interested in a BG today, so kept moving. On the ride around 8:01 am. It just felt like the line moved quickly the entire time.

Overall, we really liked it--not sure I'd wait 60+ minutes for it, but then again, my 10 year old has ants in his pants and hates waiting that long. I didn't feel like it was herky-jerky at all. My biggest regret is not using the bathroom one last time before getting in line but my ds would have killed me if I slowed us down!

How does the queue procedure work for rope drop? Do they have a specific area to wait before they drop the rope... like a pre-line or whatever, being so close to the front of the park?? Is there any time that would be recommended to arrive to the park to be able to rope drop it with no more than a 30 minute wait (the park opens at 8 AM when we go next week, just FYI).

Does anybody who was there today or has some insight regardless have any answers for this question I posted earlier? Also... we will be interested in both riding this AND acquiring a boarding group for Rise. So, is there a best-laid plan to accomplish both? I read above and it seems you have to stop before entering the building?

Also... in a week’s time, will these wait times lower at all since this was the opening day crush? Or is it safe to expect these lengthy waits to be the norm?

Does anybody who was there today or has some insight regardless have any answers for this question I posted earlier? Also... we will be interested in both riding this AND acquiring a boarding group for Rise. So, is there a best-laid plan to accomplish both? I read above and it seems you have to stop before entering the building?

Also... in a week’s time, will these wait times lower at all since this was the opening day crush? Or is it safe to expect these lengthy waits to be the norm?
Whether or not to be in the building if you want a BG is based on whether or not you get good service from your provider inside Disney buildings. I have Verizon and would not chance it. I get very spotty cell and WiFi inside some ride buildings.

If you have a week until your trip, I would watch wait times in the morning on MDE. I would expect them to be high though.

I would expect MMRR to be somewhat lower but the rest of the park to be higher as a week from now is the first week of spring break season.

Just got off the 3rd time we have ridden it. Without giving the element away in plain view there was something major that didn’t work today. It sets up the entire story line, Mickey and Minnie’s car never came out to knock down the train track switch
But we didn’t have anyone offer us another ride today. It was a much bigger glitch than yesterday’s. I guess no one was paying attention for that today

Just got off the 3rd time we have ridden it. Without giving the element away in plain view there was something major that didn’t work today. It sets up the entire story line, Mickey and Minnie’s car never came out to knock down the train track switch
But we didn’t have anyone offer us another ride today. It was a much bigger glitch than yesterday’s. I guess no one was paying attention for that today
Bummer I hope that doesn’t happen when we ride tonight

I got a suspicion of what that element was before you nested in a spoiler. I will say that if you get a 3rd or 4th car, that element has something "unique" that I couldn't "capture" as we had the front car.

I had some time to digest the ride and think it is a must do for anyone that enjoys Disney (vintage or not). Some vloggers reviewed this attraction as cute, others say it is too projection heavy and some even question about waiting 90 years for this was such a letdown. For me, it is a throwback, a throw-forward and bullseye throw for Imagineering which now sets another new standard for theme parks. Universal has a major problem and, in my opinion, Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway is to blame.

We’ve ridden in the third, first and second cars, in that order. I didn’t pick up on anything yesterday but have 3 FP for our trip in April and will watch

No, it's a trackless ride. There are no height restrictions.

We're heading down in September for our daughter's first trip (she'll be 18 months old). How aggressive is this ride? The lack of height restriction makes it seem like we'll be able to take her on this pretty easily.

We're heading down in September for our daughter's first trip (she'll be 18 months old). How aggressive is this ride? The lack of height restriction makes it seem like we'll be able to take her on this pretty easily.
I watched a vlog of someone who rode today without there 3 month old. She said they would take him when he’s able to hold his head up better on his own

Not sure that I’ve seen it mentioned but they do call for, and pull out of line, for single riders. It’s after you get in the second queue, to keep it vague for those trying to remain spoiler free

Not sure that I’ve seen it mentioned but they do call for, and pull out of line, for single riders. It’s after you get in the second queue, to keep it vague for those trying to remain spoiler free

It was nested well into the queue which was interesting. The young woman behind me was solo and opted to stay with us after we "friended" her.

The were definitely pulling out single riders yesterday. Many CM's yelling "single" or "i need one" yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter