Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway opens March 4th!

Spoiler free review: rode it twice today. It is visual overload, and so many details to see. Tech wise it's pretty cool and has some fun, unexpected elements. It is "rockier" than I was expecting, think TSMM but a bit more. I was fortunate to be able to interview Kevin Rafferty and could not get an exact number of hidden mickeys but it is the attraction with the most, I counted 10, plus nods to Mickey's birth year, Walt's birth year, GMR and other things.
I would not wait standby for more than 45 minutes for it though

Spoiler free review: rode it twice today. It is visual overload, and so many details to see. Tech wise it's pretty cool and has some fun, unexpected elements. It is "rockier" than I was expecting, think TSMM but a bit more. I was fortunate to be able to interview Kevin Rafferty and could not get an exact number of hidden mickeys but it is the attraction with the most, I counted 10, plus nods to Mickey's birth year, Walt's birth year, GMR and other things.
I saw a nod to Imagineering as well.

RotR I understand, with the boarding groups, but this doesn’t make sense to me. They have EMH, what, once or twice a week. They can’t staff a brand new ride for a couple extra hours? What am I missing?
it went down 3 times during today's preview

if you're a fan of Disney nods and hidden mickeys you're gonna need several rides
Off topic Drawn To Life looks absolutely incredible, got to see 2 acts and it is breathtaking, perfect marriage between Disney and Cirque Du Soleil
Just the little bit I saw from various media outlets looks amazing.

Did you gain any insight on how they are going to lineup the masses at RD or throughout the day for MMRR?

Any indication at the event when Ratatouille will open?

I have to say I am not too impressed that Disney cant keep rides going that are brand new. To me that's worse than the whole Rivers of Light debacle.
Rise is not comparable to anything else really. As for MMRR, it’s also trackless so hard to compare but at the same time new rides tend to have some issues at the start. FoP wasn’t great at the start. MMRR should however do much better overall hence why they are opening with FP and Standby right away

I am most curious how they are going to line people up for RD concerning this ride. If they put some people inside to line up that could have some serious effects on getting a BG.

Me too. I meant to go this morning but over slept. I thought I’d see reports from people there but unless there is a dedicated thread then I’m not seeing it.

Me too. I meant to go this morning but over slept. I thought I’d see reports from people there but unless there is a dedicated thread then I’m not seeing it.

Yeah, I was hoping to see a lot of "Live from the Opening Day Chaos" posts this morning! Where are they?

There is no way it is 5 hours. They have to be posting that to spread the crowds. It would take like 75% of the crowd to be in one line for it to be that long. Each day recently SDD and MFSR have been around 2-2.5 hour wait each morning. It would take both those lines being virtually empty to get MMRR at a 5 hour wait.

So no waiting 5hrs in standby is what you're saying...

But it looks really cool (so the Dis video) and looking forward to getting on it next December.

We have a live streamer there now, he just showed the queue, it snakes out of the building and spills into the Chinese theater courtyard and snakes around all the way to center stage. currently at 4 hours
I can guarantee there will be a lot of disappointed people exiting that attraction, it is cute and impressive to look at but no way worth 4 hours of queue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter