Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party-MNSSHP Watch-updated Boo Bash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping for Sunday 10/2. I didn’t plan this trip to be a part of the 50th but now it’s going to be mobbed everywhere; I was hoping the boo bash could relieve some of that for us at MK.

We could go Tuesday 10/5 but that really doesn’t work for our plans. Sunday the 2nd was our non-park day which would’ve been nice for pool during the day and party at night. I’ll save the $450. And wow for no DVC savings early in October, quite miserly. I’m a little shocked by the pricing and I had the mindset of “2020 stunk so I’ll pay whatever for this” but nope.

I can agree with you on this but how about the fact that they are combining the two, so you get the trick or treating of the party and the complimentary snacks of the after hours events, you are getting the best of both worlds. It can’t be expected that it will be the same low price as the party in years past. There is always a reason for price increases and I believe they found it by joining the two. But we will never know and this is just speculation. My main point though is people need to stop comparing it to MNSSHP because this is not that.

I was not actually referring to the price, I do think it is a bit high but to each their own. I was responding to your thoughts about making money back on the next group which will only lead to long term issues.

That prices us out. We are already splurging by staying deluxe. For just 5 hours, 3 hours of party, it’s a no from me.

Now to figure out how those dates will impact touring. Do I keep my MK day on Tuesday or switch it? Hmm...
If you like fireworks, I would switch it, as from my experience it gets crowded at the end of the day with day time park goers and party guests coming in for the end of the day and fireworks.
If you plan on leaving around 7, I would keep the day at MK as it might be quieter during the day.

Anyone have any guesses as to why the earlier ones are 9:30-12:30?

I'm assuming that they may be doing some special after dark lighting on the castle and needed to push it back because it stays light out longer. As others have suggested, they could also be planning to bring back fireworks--or want to leave themselves that option.

I can agree with you on this but how about the fact that they are combining the two, so you get the trick or treating of the party and the complimentary snacks of the after hours events, you are getting the best of both worlds. It can’t be expected that it will be the same low price as the party in years past. There is always a reason for price increases and I believe they found it by joining the two. But we will never know and this is just speculation. My main point though is people need to stop comparing it to MNSSHP because this is not that.

How are you getting the best of both worlds? They are stripping away the best of both and combining what is left and charging more than they did for either. The rationalization you have here is mind blowing to me.

A Ghostly Good Time at Magic Kingdom® Park
Something fun is brewing during your stay: Disney After Hours Boo Bash!, a hauntingly fun-filled three-hour event that begins when the Park closes. With Halloween-theme cavalcades and Character sightings, the ghouls are coming out to play!

As a Disney Resort hotel Guest, starting June 8 you have early access to book before tickets go on sale to the general public June 15!

Here's a question from a newby who has never attended an after-hours event - we were supposed to go to one in 2020, but we all know how that year turned out... :headache:

Since the Boo Bash is now just Tues/Friday, with 2 Sunday's thrown in at the end, do we think the "Christmas lite" version I'm hoping/expecting them to have starting in November will also be Tues/Friday or did that party follow a different day offering schedule?

We're there Nov. 10-14 and I'm hoping to catch the Christmas version of this party during that time frame..

AND - do I need a park reservation for that day to attend the party if I (1.) have a park reservation for HS that morning and I do tap in to the park and (2.) have tickets to the after hours event? It would be just like hopping to MK from HS, right?

thanks!

A Ghostly Good Time at Magic Kingdom® Park

Something fun is brewing during your stay: Disney After Hours Boo Bash!, a hauntingly fun-filled three-hour event that begins when the Park closes. With Halloween-theme cavalcades and Character sightings, the ghouls are coming out to play!

As a Disney Resort hotel Guest, starting June 8 you have early access to book before tickets go on sale to the general public June 15!

Ah, I haven’t gotten an email yet! I’m at WL, but I’m on rented DVC points. Hope that doesn’t disqualify me!

A couple of years ago we went to the Haunted Mansion 50th celebration at DL. Three hours with food, special events, and a handful of rides open. The number of crowds was surprising given the expense of the event. We thought it would be more exclusive. Lines for everything. We didn't even get to use up our food tabs before they were pushing us to the exits. I'm afraid this might have the same results. We love After Hours, the park is empty and we never encountered any lines for food or rides. I'm guessing this is going to be MNSSHP crowds. Get caught in a couple of popcorn lines and the night is over. This will definitely be one where you will need to prioritize what is important to you. I wouldn't waste any time trick or treating. Wait until the end of the night and get your bag filled.

Here's a question from a newby who has never attended an after-hours event - we were supposed to go to one in 2020, but we all know how that year turned out... :headache:

Since the Boo Bash is now just Tues/Friday, with 2 Sunday's thrown in at the end, do we think the "Christmas lite" version I'm hoping/expecting them to have starting in November will also be Tues/Friday or did that party follow a different day offering schedule?

We're there Nov. 10-14 and I'm hoping to catch the Christmas version of this party during that time frame..

AND - do I need a park reservation for that day to attend the party if I (1.) have a park reservation for HS that morning and I do tap in to the park and (2.) have tickets to the after hours event? It would be just like hopping to MK from HS, right?

thanks!

It will probably follow the same schedule, but we won't know until its announced. However, if they do a full blown Christmas Party, then it will probably have more dates.

You don't need a separate reservation. The after hours ticket is your ticket/reservation. You'll be able to get in early, probably around 7 if it's the same as the boo bash.

It will probably follow the same schedule, but we won't know until its announced. However, if they do a full blown Christmas Party, then it will probably have more dates.

You don't need a separate reservation. The after hours ticket is your ticket/reservation. You'll be able to get in early, probably around 7 if it's the same as the boo bash.
PERFECT!

thank you!

thanks!
I am praying it follows the same - we are in USO 11/9-11/17 with planned Disney days 11/15 & 11/16 - would LOVE if that Tues night (our last of the trip) is a xmas bash - although I would easily swap a day between the two to attend -
While they haven't announced specifics you never had to go to a park day of party as the party tickets are totally separate from regular park passes.

thanks!

Have no idea about dates for "Christmas lite" but this is a totally separate ticket from normal park tickets. You don't need to use a park day ticket or have a reservation for the day you have a party ticket if you arrive at the stated party arrival time or later. For the Halloween Party arrival is 7 PM with a party start time of 9PM in October.

I posted on another board, but if you need your kid to just trick or treat in a park, Seaworld includes that on weekends in Sept and Oct as part of the normal daily pass...it would be easy to probably do a full day in Seaworld for 1/2 to 1/3 the cost of this event...and your kid would still get to bed on time...

:crazy2: I was anxiously awaiting the release of dates but realize that this just made my planning even more difficult. We're booked on the 9/6 cruise on the Dream. If the cruise doesn't happen, we will be at the parks for the week and I'll want to do the 9/7 Boo Bash. BUt who knows when I'll find out if the cruise is happening. Hopefully, I'll know by early August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter