Michelle & Daniel's Wishes Wedding-WP/GF 6.8.2012 *We're back! Starting TR SOON!*

chellebelle18

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone!! So.. I've been stalking the boards for awhile now... and now that I'm engaged I thought I could start a planning journal! :woohoo: We haven't officially booked anything... and DF wants to still look at some Atlanta venues but I've pretty much got my heart set on a Disney wedding.

About Us
Daniel and I are both 22 from Atlanta, Ga and are seniors about to graduate from the University of Georgia. We're excited (and kind of scared) to start a new chapter in our lives.

How we met
Daniel and I were both in the same 5th grade class. He was my 5th grade crush. I mean I was in love with him! :laughing: Unfortunately for me, he saw me as just a friend. We parted ways when we went to different middle schools and high schools. But we kept in touch over AIM and mutual friends. Junior year of high school we started to hang out a lot and eventually started dating. We've been together for almost 5 1/5 years and I couldn't be happier :lovestruc

The proposal
We have taken Disney trip together almost every year since we've been together. So for our last college spring break, we planned a trip down to Disney. While we were at Magic Kingdom we decided to get a Disney photopass photographer to take our picture in front of the castle at one of the "kodak moment" spots. I thought we were just taking a picture when all of the sudden he pulls out a ring and gets down on one knee. I was completely shocked! He was tearing up telling me how much he loved me and of course I couldn't help but cry. The moment happened so fast... I was so happy. Of course I said YES! It was truly a magical moment in a magical place :cloud9:

ring.jpg

proposal.jpg

proposal2.jpg

I've got a planning session on May 11 and can't wait to start the process of planning our Disney wedding!!

Thank you! haha I won't!! I think he's just worried that no one will come but I think otherwise! who doesn't want to go to Disney?! ;)

I'm from Atlanta and a UGA grad as well (graduated 2009)!!! Congratulations on your engagement! We looked at some venues in Atlanta too. I was really torn between Chateau Elan and the Grand Floridian for awhile. Let us know what you end up going with! :)

Welcome and Congrats!

Cant wait to hear your plans... looking forward to the 1st load of pictures! :)

XXX

Thank you everyone! I can't wait to actually start planning. I feel like I've been planning my wedding since I was a freshman in college because I knew Daniel was the one :lovestruc But now that it's actually happening I feel so overwhelmed with choices! lol Thank you to everyone on the boards thou for all the ideas! I wouldn't know where to start without all you lovely ladies :goodvibes

I'm from Atlanta and a UGA grad as well (graduated 2009)!!! Congratulations on your engagement! We looked at some venues in Atlanta too. I was really torn between Chateau Elan and the Grand Floridian for awhile. Let us know what you end up going with! :)

awesome!! GOOOO DAWGS!! :cheer2: I read you PJ and your plans sound amazing! and your wedding is so close! :yay: Glad you decided to go with Disney :) We considered Chateau Elan bc its so beautiful but I'm too set on having a Disney wedding. There just aren't too many Atlanta venues that I love... :sad2:

So I've been terrible for not updating!! But it doesn't mean I haven't been on the boards more than once a day just about everyday :lmao:

I've been so busy with school and trying to find a job that I just didn't have too much to report on.... I graduate on Friday!! :woohoo: Crazy to think that I won't be going to school in the fall though....

Anyways.. I'm going to Disney on Wednesday for a site visit!!! :banana: But just for one day... :sad2: DF, my dad, and I are flying down just for the day. I'm so excited! Hopefully we'll have a confirmed date and venue when I get back! Maybe then I'll feel like it's really happening and I cant start some serious planning!!!! Can't wait!!

Hi everyone! So I wanted to do a short TR from my site visit because it was indeed a VERY SHORT visit! I wish we had stayed longer but DF and I were suppose to graduate two days later. I told DF I’d rather stay at Disney than go to a boring graduation ceremony :rotfl:

Ok! So DF, dad, and I went to the airport early Wednesday morning to fly down to Disney! :) We got there with some time to spare before our appointment at Francks, so we went to Downtown Disney to eat at Earl of Sandwich. After that we head over to Francks.

disneysitevisit027-1.jpg

I was beaming with excitement as I saw the wedding pavilion in the distance and walked into Francks. I kept thinking to myself… this is really happening! :goodvibes So we met with Bill (LOVE HIM!). We talked over the ideas of our wedding…When we want it and what venues we plan to look at. We first went over to the WP. I loved it from the moment I saw it. Now, I loved it in the pictures but in person it was just breathtaking (and that was just the outside). When we actually walked inside the WP and Bill opened the doors, I was just in awe. This was it. It was love at first sight. I must say that I think that pictures don’t do it justice! Needless to say, DF and I are definitely getting married at the WP!

disneysitevisit022-1.jpg

Next, we went to the Boardwalk to look at the Promenade ballroom. There was a huge event going on at the time so people were everywhere! It was a very beautiful space, but I just didn’t get the feeling that it was our reception space. After that, we went over to the Contemporary to look at the Nutcracker ballroom. Now, if I had not had a site visit, I probably would have gone with this choice. I am SO HAPPY I had a site visit! This wasn’t my style at all! The pictures make it look completely different. Bill told me that he’s never sold anyone on the Nutcracker Ballroom. I’m so happy I saw it in person… After that, we went over to the GF to check out that ballrooms there. I’ve always loved the GF. I stayed there once with my family as a kid and was in awe of its beauty. Once we walked into the ballroom I knew this is where our reception would be! :woohoo:

So we all headed back over to Francks to check the availability. DF and I had been planning a late spring/early summer 2012 wedding. We thought this time would be perfect because DF cannot take off from work from September to December, and I didn’t really want to have TOO long of an engagement. We basically already act like an old married couple as it is so people would be wondering why he didn’t just wait to pop the question until we actually planned on getting married. So Bill starts looking for May and June Saturday weddings at 5pm. ALL BOOKED! :scared1: Ahh! I started to panic… I REALLY wanted a 5 pm ceremony, and I was planning on a Saturday wedding so that people wouldn’t have to take too much time off of work. Bill said that we would look into a few dates that MIGHT open up. He would have to check with a few couples who were penciled in if they were going to move forward or not. But just in case, we decided to be penciled in for a Friday ceremony in June if the other plan doesn’t pan out. So I’m just waited to see what happens! I just want a date so that it feels completely real and I can start some serious planning! I’ll let you guys know when the date is set!!!

disney-1.jpg

We've decided on a date!! June 8, 2012!! I'm so excited and relieved to finally have a date! It wasn't the Saturday wedding that I had originally planned but a Friday wedding works out GREAT if DF and I want to take a Disney Cruise for our honeymoon! (still deciding on that one...) Now I'm just going to wait until the 12 month mark to receive all the info and start the LOA. Yay!! Now I can actually start sharing things in my PJ that people want to read! :lmao: stay tuned...

We've decided on a date!! June 8, 2012!! I'm so excited and relieved to finally have a date! It wasn't the Saturday wedding that I had originally planned but a Friday wedding works out GREAT if DF and I want to take a Disney Cruise for our honeymoon! (still deciding on that one...) Now I'm just going to wait until the 12 month mark to receive all the info and start the LOA. Yay!! Now I can actually start sharing things in my PJ that people want to read! :lmao: stay tuned...

Hey girl! Congratulations on choosing your date! We are so close to that year mark!!! :goodvibes

Congrats on having a date!! June 8th is the anniversary of the day DH and I got engaged in 2001. Can't wait to hear the plans.

thanks everyone! :goodvibes

So I got an email from Bill on Thursday and he sent me the information for the room block and the LOA! yay! its really starting to happen! :cloud9:

BUT! I'm already having some wedding drama.... (its too early...how can this be!!) I'm starting to worry about this whole room block situation. My family is already creating drama about where they wanna stay and how long and how much they wanna spend... I'm trying to be as accommodating as possible to everyone but it seems like I'm just getting complaints about costs and what not :sad1: I also wanted everyone to be close to one another... you know?? I understand that when inviting 50 or so guests not everyone is going to stay in the same hotel together... but I wanted at least the wedding party to be in the same place and that's not looking so good... How did everyone else deal with this kind of thing? Was the room block this frustrating??

Joining in! Congratulations!!! I look forward to hearing all your wedding plans. :goodvibes

6.8.12 is a great date! I am excited for you and cannot wait to hear all about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter