MIB tips for left and right hand lanes

Originally posted by MIB999999
I ran a test today just to find out something: If you pull the trigger on your gun and point it at the ceiling for the whole ride and hit absolutely no targets, you will still end up with 20,225. :smooth:

Hmm...I see people ending up with scores like 2,000 or 8,000. They're trying too hard. :)

Originally posted by JessicaR
MIB9's....is this how you try out new wrinkles? I am laughing so hard picturing you going through this ride with your gun pointed at the ceiling the whole time! After scoring 999999 a few times this is what you have resorted to!:D

Well i had never tried it before and hitting a high score is not top on my list of things left undone, so i thought i would give it a try. It was fun because i still beat two other people in the car.
Besides now that i add them up i had 7 999,999 games today. :bounce:

But also jealous once again. I want to be able to go to MIB enough times that I can just fire at nothing for the whole ride... :)

MIB... well now we have our dates 1/10-1/13. We will be in the parks the 11 and 12. Russ (aka Flyingninja on the DIS) is looking foward to learning all your tips in person if you will be around either of those days.

Originally posted by sha_lyn
MIB... well now we have our dates 1/10-1/13. We will be in the parks the 11 and 12. Russ (aka Flyingninja on the DIS) is looking foward to learning all your tips in person if you will be around either of those days.

sha_lyn as of now i will most likely be at the park 1/12. Since i live here let me know what your schedule is and i will meet you at MIB. I will have to have my cinnimon roll at CMB first but the rest of the day is just play time for me. :smooth:

I am convinced there is MIB magic in those cinnamon rolls! Come on MIB9's you can tell us...thats your secret weapon isnt it? What would happen if CMB...*gasp* was all out of cinnamon rolls? Would you have a big chocolate chip cookie instead?;)

sounds good. I'll plan on the 1/12 for our IOA day. Look for the dweeby 12 yr old surounded by all the good looking girls( LOL) DS will be the only guy out of the 5 of us (me, 4yr DD, My sis and her 9yr DD).
I think I will be hearing "cool" a lot for the next 8 weeks. DS is so excited.

Originally posted by JessicaR
I am convinced there is MIB magic in those cinnamon rolls! Come on MIB9's you can tell us...thats your secret weapon isnt it? What would happen if CMB...*gasp* was all out of cinnamon rolls? Would you have a big chocolate chip cookie instead?;)

i have to admit jessica that when they closed confisco's i was a bit concerned that CMB would follow shortly.

you would LOL if you were with me on a saturday morning when i walk into CMB. They all say hi and automatically prepare a cinnimon roll with extra icing and a vanilla creme coffee. All i have to say is HI!! they are a good bunch of people and they ask some questions about MYTHOS and why i always eat lunch there and not at confisco's. ;)

Originally posted by sha_lyn
sounds good. I'll plan on the 1/12 for our IOA day. Look for the dweeby 12 yr old surounded by all the good looking girls( LOL) DS will be the only guy out of the 5 of us (me, 4yr DD, My sis and her 9yr DD).
I think I will be hearing "cool" a lot for the next 8 weeks. DS is so excited.

I see a guy's versus girls competition. I would say your son and my combined score will double the girls combined score. :D :D

Remember that MIB is in Studios not IOA. If you want to do MIB first thing in the am they do have the same cinnimon roll in Studio's at Beverly Hills Boulangerie so i could meet you there first thing. It is your vacation so i will work around whatever time or ride schedule you have. Just say what time and where and i will be there. :bounce: :bounce:

LOL... I realized as I was posting it that I was posting wrong, but I thought I went back and changed it. It was a long day Thur, and DS and I were headign out of town for a campiong trip Friday morning.

Here's a few more tips:

1.) Try to shoot at the aliens in the second floor.

2.) When you see the alien with the two guns, don't shoot at him. Hit the targets in the 2nd story windows. As you are backing up into the ambush area, shoot at the alien with the two guns. Aim at his eyes and you should get a few hits. I don't think it scores much, but at least it's better than nothing! :)

Great tips from MIB999999. I have ridden MIB about 100 times in the twice we have visited Universal and got my wife hooked on it. We have even been fortunate enough to get to ride against each other with just us in separate cars.

As MIB999999 indicates second floor eyes seem to give more points. As you straighten up in Area 4 by the cinema?? there is a pair of eyes in a window which most people seem to miss waving the laser across them racks up a good points score. Best done from the right hand side.

Ian, are you refering to the eyes on the left hand side second story, just to the left of the guy at the pay phone and straight up to the second floor. if so these do score well but not as much as the exhaust port. these eyes are my main secondary target to shoot while the other car is spinning. ;)

Yes those are the eyes. I sometimes get frustrated with the exhaust port and so manage to get off 6 - 8 shots at those eyes as they change from red to green

Going to read your tips on the plane over and see if I can improve my score.

Ian
:cool:

Some of the guns will not register with a straight on hit in the area after you come out of the scan. If that is the case hit any and all secondary targets. After you finish the 90 degree turn you will have a shot at the edge of the exhaust port of the other vechicle. it is a small target area but once you home in on it you will score big.

Frankly i am amazed at the number of views on this thread. Must be a lot of closet MIB fans out there digesting the info. :D

Wassat mean?
Anyway, these tips were quite helpful. Within 5-8 tries with this guide I upped my high score from 990,250 to at last 999,999. I also noticed I do better in the morning. I don't know whether it's just me or what?

Originally posted by rocketman23
I also noticed I do better in the morning. I don't know whether it's just me or what?

Do you think it's because it's less crowded? I was there this morning and generally, the cars were empty...I find it's a LOT easier to hit your targets without all those OTHER pesky red dots allover the place...

I can definitely tell you that I do a heck of a lot better without a bunch of MIB pro's riding with me! ;)

I got a personal best of 718, and change today...not good enough!!! It's tricky when you get in a groove where you hit the same targets, cuz obviously it's not enough! :(

Karen

It's true. I score a lot better when I am not with a bunch of experts. I can have the good targets to myself. It's better if you're riding in a car all alone. Then you know which dot is yours! You can do that if you arrive right at opening at ride MIB a few times.

That's what I did today....for the most part, I had the car to myself, or was with 2 others....

You know what was really cool? A couple of times, different sets of kids rode with me after their parents rode once, and it was really nice to give them the suit - they were psyched, as they sat there with their 22,000 points! That was nice.

It's also nice to be alone in a car and beat a full car on the opposite track, but that would be tougher to do if it took the avg. of 6 players (with my score and 5 zeros), regardless of how many are in the car (which would make my score cosmically avg. at best!:rolleyes:) But they probably don't know that's how it is...sometimes those low scores can really bring you down! :D

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter