Meryll83's SBP/Citrico's/Morocco PJ - Update: Trip Report now underway!!

Just wanted to drop in and say I love your invites!
Thank you!! We're going to try and make the last batch of the day invites this weekend I think, with a view to sending them out in the next couple of weeks, then we can start work on the evening ones!

Claire, I love the hot air ballooning idea, but it's a little steep price wise I think, plus I'd just be jealous of them! Perhaps the Characters in Flight at DTD is more in my price range!! I was sat yesterday figuring out the costs of all the meals and activities we'll probably want to do, and it's made me realise I need to do quite a bit of hard saving for these last few months!

I noticed as well as carriage rides, there's actually a horse riding trek as well that sounds fun, but that's just me wanting to do that as well, I don't know whether it'd be their kind of thing or not! At least we have quite a few options to go to them with now and see if they fancy anything, thank you :thumbsup2

This doesn't mean the rest of you get of easy though, I want some more suggestions from you lot too, stop letting Claire do all the hard work!! ;)

Pwiddy pwease?

I notice noone else has come up with any other gift ideas, obviously my PJ is getting far too long now for people to even consider reading! :laughing:

I think we're going to settle on going for a meal somewhere, as they don't seem to be willing to commit to anything to be honest, and at least it's not the end of the world if they back out on a meal while we're there. Still need to have a proper chat about it with them though....

Having weighed myself yesterday I've lost a stone from when I first starting trying to lose weight, so that's pretty awesome :cool1:

I think we're going to send out our at home invites this week, I've been doing the envelopes this weekend. Seems a bit premature perhaps for November, but I want to be nice and organised, and have asked people to respond by September so we can be sorted before we go away.

Going to arrange an appointment in mid-July with an alterations shop to check the girls BM dresses and also to see if they will be able to put a bustle on my dress, seeing as my bridal shop were too lazy to do it!

ADR time soon as well, just a few more weeks to go, here's hoping we can get the 2 full group meals we're hoping for sorted, especially as one of them is acting as our wedding reception meal!!:scared1: I'm hoping that things may have calmed down when we book, as at the moment free dining is on for those trying to make ADR's, whereas for ours there is only UK free dining on, the US offer has finished by then.

We got our confirmation through for our free night at the Poly, it's a standard garden view room, but we were lucky to get it at all I think, as my planner advised me that they set a deadline for this for Escapees and don't offer it anymore, as it's really a Wishes perk.

So quite a lot going on at the moment, really wishing the time would fly a little more still though....

Good luck with your ADRs.

Perhaps you could just give them some Disney Dollars.

Sorry I haven't stopped by in a while; my laptop at home has been out for repairs for 2 weeks and I am way behind on everything on the board. Have you thought about the Dining with the Imagineer package as a gift? We did this for my parents and the lunch was at the Brown Derby. Even if the baby is along I think this would still work out for them since its in the restaurant and one of them could step away for a few minutes. It is a little over $60 per person.
http://allears.net/din/dine_imag.htm

How exciting that you were able to get the free room at the Polynesian. Plus, who knows when you check in they might even offer an upgrade :goodvibes

OMG Merryll, just started reading your PJ, I just started mine not long ago!
I am planning a vow renewal, but aaaall the way till 2011, I guess I am an eager beaver as well :rotfl2:

Can't believe we will be on the same cruise during your DisneyMoon. :thumbsup2

Good luck with your ADRs.

Perhaps you could just give them some Disney Dollars.
This could be a good idea, saves us having to get creative!

Sorry I haven't stopped by in a while; my laptop at home has been out for repairs for 2 weeks and I am way behind on everything on the board. Have you thought about the Dining with the Imagineer package as a gift? We did this for my parents and the lunch was at the Brown Derby. Even if the baby is along I think this would still work out for them since its in the restaurant and one of them could step away for a few minutes. It is a little over $60 per person.
http://allears.net/din/dine_imag.htm

How exciting that you were able to get the free room at the Polynesian. Plus, who knows when you check in they might even offer an upgrade :goodvibes

Vanessa, I love this idea, but they like us, can be slightly picky eaters, so unfortunately I'm not too sure whether they'd enjoy the menu at the BD...

I'll be wearing my bride ears in the hope of an upgrade, but it seems like chances may be slim. I'm just really happy we get to stay at the Poly after all though, it was what we were planning to do when we were originally looking at the Wishes package :woohoo:

OMG Merryll, just started reading your PJ, I just started mine not long ago!
I am planning a vow renewal, but aaaall the way till 2011, I guess I am an eager beaver as well :rotfl2:

Can't believe we will be on the same cruise during your DisneyMoon. :thumbsup2
Oooh I'll have to hunt down your PJ, I'll be able to tell you all about ours when we arrange the group meet! We had 2 years to go when we started and now we're almost at 3 months 'til we fly! :banana:

Hello Ok so i have been reading for a while and am still getting through all your PJ but I just relised we are there for your wedding day oh my god you must be sooo excited i may walk past to have a peak :D

Have you been able to get on the online ADRs yet?
I'm using Jackie's details so we can get on a week earlier than I could with my own as she checks in a week earlier than us, and I think, if I have done my calculations correctly, that because she checks in on 10/10, I should be able to do our Le Cellier ADR for the 19/10 on 12/07, and our Citrico's ADR for the 21/10 on 13/07, thanks to the 90 days out +10 we get for staying on site.
We rang Dining to get Jackie's US reservation number, and have been able to retrieve the resort reservation online, so we should be good to go when the time comes from Le Cellier, but I know how difficult it is to get lately so fingers crossed! For the Chef's Domaine we have to call anyway, it's not bookable online.

Hello Ok so i have been reading for a while and am still getting through all your PJ but I just relised we are there for your wedding day oh my god you must be sooo excited i may walk past to have a peak :D
I'll have to keep an eye out for you passing!!!
It'd be cool to see some other DISbrides while we're there!:thumbsup2

I forgot to tell you all, but I started doing WeightWatchers earlier in the year, can't remember exactly when, although if I check the weight loss thread I'm sure that'll tell me, but about a week or so ago I reached the 1 stone lost mark! :yay: I'm really quite proud of myself, as I've never been a dieter before, I just figured I couldn't do it coz I like my food too much! I only really want to lose a few pounds more and then work on toning up a bit, just over 3 months to go, so I'm starting to get really excited now. Once we get our ADR's sorted one way or another, I'll really start to feel like we're good to go!

I'm taking my dress and the 2 girl's dresses to an alterations shop in a couple of weeks time to see if they can bustle my dress and take up the shoulders on the girl's dresses.

Me and Si have also been asked to be godparents for Adam and Anna's new daughter in September, which is exciting, however I don't know if it presents a problem that I haven't been christened! Need to find out whether it effects things that I'm living in sin.....:scared1:

Got Le Cellier sorted for all 12 of us (2 tables of 6) using the online ADR system, for the exact time we wanted (6pm)!! :cool1:

So that's the hen and stag meal sorted, hope it all goes as well tomorrow for the wedding meal booking! :scared1:

Congratulations on the Le Cellier Booking and I have my fingers crossed for you to get the wedding meal :wizard:

Arrrrrgh, phoned to try to get the Chef's Domain confirmed, the first girl transferred me to a different reservations team as she had never booked it before and was struggling, and the second girl was having trouble also accessing it, so she is going to check with the restaurant if they have already put it on hold and call me back.
Stress!! :scared:

In the meantime I called back reservations and booked us into the main room at Citrico's for now (hope this doesn't confuse matters!) so we don't lose out all together if something goes wrong. They warned me it'd be seperate tables, but if we have to go down this route I'll email the restaurant directly to ask if they can put us all together.

Think happy thoughts for me, the girl said it might be a few hours before she got back to me as there probably wouldn't be anyone at the restaurant until then!

Arrrrrgh, phoned to try to get the Chef's Domain confirmed, the first girl transferred me to a different reservations team as she had never booked it before and was struggling, and the second girl was having trouble also accessing it, so she is going to check with the restaurant if they have already put it on hold and call me back.
Stress!! :scared:

In the meantime I called back reservations and booked us into the main room at Citrico's for now (hope this doesn't confuse matters!) so we don't lose out all together if something goes wrong. They warned me it'd be seperate tables, but if we have to go down this route I'll email the restaurant directly to ask if they can put us all together.

Think happy thoughts for me, the girl said it might be a few hours before she got back to me as there probably wouldn't be anyone at the restaurant until then!

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

facebook twitter