Merging room-only reservations

2letterwords

Mouseketeer
We are doing a split stay and are hoping to grab one extra night at our first resort. I've seen availability pop up intermittently for the room category and discount that we booked for the main reservation. Will Disney merge the two if they are the same resort/room category? Thanks!

Spoke to someone today. Per Disney, they can't be merged and there's no guarantee we wouldn't have to change rooms. We're going to stick with the plans we've got unless I can modify the whole stay.

Spoke to someone today. Per Disney, they can't be merged and there's no guarantee we wouldn't have to change rooms. We're going to stick with the plans we've got unless I can modify the whole stay.
Even though they can't merge them into one confirmation number, you can have the "continuing stay" note and confirmation numbers placed on both as @lanejudy says, to reduce the chance that you'll have to change rooms. And when you arrive for the first one, talk to the front desk. It's to their advantage to keep you in the same room (to save on housekeeping cost), so they'll do their best to make it happen.

What resort is it? I mean most of these resorts have hundreds of the same room. Unless a special room category or something, I doubt it will be an issue. I do this all the time because I have two DVC member numbers. They don't want to pay for housekeeping, so it's never been an issue.

If you book the exact same room category, it’s almost certain you won’t have to move. Think of this example:: they make you move from a preferred room to a different preferred room. They move you to a room they just did a full clean on. Then they have to do a full clean on the room you vacated before they can assign it to someone else. Housekeeping still hasn’t returned to precovid routines & doesn’t do full cleans daily at most resorts. They have more than enough to do without having to clean a room unnecessarily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter