Membership Cards

Mom of Two Princesses

Earning My Ears
Am I the only person who closed on Oct 4th that still hasn't received their membership cards? I just got off the phone with MS who told me they are still behind from that closing date. I mentioned that I had read on the Internet of people who had closed after me that had received their cards so I didn't understand why I didn't have mine. I regret that I got a little testy with the rep, but this has been four months and at least three phone calls and it's getting old.

No, you are not alone. We are with you. We too closed October 4th, and our temp. cards expired on Dec. 31st. I emailed MS two weeks ago, and they said they would send out new cards. My issue is that we will be at BWV March 15th, and my wife and I want the cards with us when we go. Seems to me that there are a number of us Oct. 4th people out there, all in the same perdicament. To date, NO new cards either.

bwv_logo_trans.gif

WDW:
76,77,78,87,FW
92,Offsite
95 POL
96(2), GF,Offsite
97,GF
98,99,00,FW
8/00 DVC member
3/2001 BWV
11/2001 BWV

I also closed October 4 and have nothing. I have spoken with MS twice, but it obviously has not helped. My last call was 2 weeks ago, and I informed them during that call that we would be leaving for The World on Feb 15. I was told that if we did not have our cards by our trip, we could head over to the DVC office and pick up temporary cards for our stay. Not a huge problem, but certainly somewhat of an inconvenience. I can understand if they are backed up, but I don't understand why those who have closed in November have their cards and we do not.

Good news and bad news. We closed on October 4th and got our new permanent cards this week (in fact, I got an extra one of the cards with my name on it in a separate mailing). Bad news was that we did not get the nice open topped DVC bag we were so looking forward to. Just an envelope with a cardboard promo with the new plastic card attached to it.

Oh well...at least somebody from 10/4 can at least say that they got their cards.

keywest.gif

...we received our permanent cards this past week, but no tote bag. We closed on 10/4 like everyone else here, but we don't think MS would've sent our cards if we didn't call them in early January.

from DVC when I got home. The lady said they were having some systems issues but I would be receiving my welcome kit in 7 - 10 days. I don't know what that includes but at least I got a response. We'll see what happens in the next couple of weeks. It is nice to see I'm not alone though.

My husband and I closed on October 4th too, and we have yet to get our cards.... I'm hopeful that they will be arriving soon. All I have to say is, I better get my tote bag!!!!

Hell hath no fury like a BWV DVC member scorned!!!

Kara

[This message was edited by KaraKW on 04-19-01 at 11:55 PM.]

Don't worry about not having your cards if you leave for disney and don't have them. I just got back from disney and couldnt find them before leaving. I was staying at the boardwalk and just went in and gave them my old expired temp card and asked for a new temp card. It was no problem at all. They made me a new one right away.

You really don't need it though cause when you check in on your room card key it says "DVC Member". That was all I ever showed to get the discounts. I called member services and asked them to send me a new plastic card and they said they would but it would take a while cause they only send them out once a month.

I got 3 sets of cards for my adult children. They obviously have a problem with cards. You folks should also be getting a license plate. It is only plastic but for all the money you spend you should get all the incidentals. Good Luck.

Try emailing member services. This is how I finally got my cards. Maybe it has something to do with putting the request in writing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!