Members Soarin tour

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done the members Soarin tour? I was all set to book this summer but then saw the min age is 16. my youngest will be 15.5. do they scan your band or check ages? I understand the 16 age limit for some things but it surprised me here. Otherwise i guess we need to wait a year.

I don't know how particular they are on this tour regarding the age limit, but when I attempted to book a Keys to the Kingdom tour for my wife and I and our two 15 year old twin nephews, I was told they could not go on the tour.

The 16 age limit surprised me too. I was hoping to book the tour for our family as well. I have a 10 year old who is really into how things work. He says he want to be an Imagineer. I know he would love this tour, but I guess we are out of luck.

I've tried on several occasions to reserve it to no avail. I wouldn't count on it, though, so your issue with age probably won't matter.

I was able to book it. In fact, they offered me my choice of two days, since my room reservation spanned two weeks. The actual number of days ahead were 185 and 192. I'm going next Wednesday. Only 20 people on the tour, so it books quickly.

I did it when it was first offered. It was ok, not something I would pay for. My daughter and her husband did it one year too and came back and said, it was ok.

We did it at Disneyland and loved it-so cool to see behind scenes and we loved watching the show twice, once behind the screen. It is much easier to get a spot at the DL tour-so if you are ever out that way consider that option.

I was able to book it. In fact, they offered me my choice of two days, since my room reservation spanned two weeks. The actual number of days ahead were 185 and 192. I'm going next Wednesday. Only 20 people on the tour, so it books quickly.

Thank you. So, is it correct about a week or two prior to when I can make ADRs, I should try to call to see if this is open?
I am going in September and trying to find new things for us to do (one of which will be (hopefully) CG brunch.

Thank you.

Thank you. So, is it correct about a week or two prior to when I can make ADRs, I should try to call to see if this is open?
I am going in September and trying to find new things for us to do (one of which will be (hopefully) CG brunch.

I waited until the 180th day from the start of my reservation to call (e.g., same day I could make ADR's), not the 180th day from the Wednesday when the tour is offered. I half expected them to tell me to call back in 5 days, but they did not.

I think it would be boring for anyone under 16 and there is a lot of fairly fast walking, but no Disney secrets are revealed. I don't know if they scan the magic bands as we took the tour when it first came out they weren't that organized at that point.

I waited until the 180th day from the start of my reservation to call (e.g., same day I could make ADR's), not the 180th day from the Wednesday when the tour is offered. I half expected them to tell me to call back in 5 days, but they did not.

Thank you. I will be prepared to call. What time do I need to call? 8:00 am? I'll do my ADRs (I think they are 7 am, correct?) and then call for tour
and then hopefully get to work before 8:30 am LOL

I did it last year, we stayed at BW, one thing is getting into the park can be trying. The front gate people have no idea what we were talking about and after about 10 mins let us in, we went through the International Gateway. My wife didn't want to get up early so I brought my 15 year old daughter and they never asked anything about her age. It was worth doing and I'm glad we did it. However, I wouldn't jump through hoops or plan a whole day around the tour. If it fits in your schedule definitely do it, it will also depend on your guide - I believe we had a very good guide. Actually I would do it again if staying at BC or BW but not if I had to make travel arrangements.

I did it when it was first offered. It was ok, not something I would pay for. My daughter and her husband did it one year too and came back and said, it was ok.

I’ve consistently struck out on the tour. JMHO but if they’d institute a nominal fee of say $10 pp, perhaps it’d be easier to book :)

I was at WDW for two Wednesdays, January 23 and 30, 2018. I called at exactly 180 days from the start of my stay. The first Wednesday was already booked, but I got the second.
Yes, people at the entrance have no clue as to where to meet for this. We were let in at the same time as others waiting for tours and breakfasts, and were assured not to worry, as "Nobody is ever later at Disney World."
The tour was very good. But I was disappointed that we did not get to see behind the screen, or the projectors.

We did the tour last year. I think I booked 180 days before the tour, not 180 before the beginning of our trip, but I’m not sure. My husband and I both thought the tour was disappointing. Way too much of an emphasis on the whole history of Walt and WDW, which we felt most diehard Disney fans/DVC members probably already knew (seemed so in our group) before getting to Soarin facts. We were also disappointed we didn’t get much into seeing the behind the scenes aspect of the ride.

However, I’m glad we did it because we have FOMO when it comes to Disney, especially exclusive events. :rolleyes:

We did the tour last year. I think I booked 180 days before the tour, not 180 before the beginning of our trip, but I’m not sure. My husband and I both thought the tour was disappointing. Way too much of an emphasis on the whole history of Walt and WDW, which we felt most diehard Disney fans/DVC members probably already knew (seemed so in our group) before getting to Soarin facts. We were also disappointed we didn’t get much into seeing the behind the scenes aspect of the ride.

However, I’m glad we did it because we have FOMO when it comes to Disney, especially exclusive events. :rolleyes:
Yes, I definitely felt the tour was "padded out" by the extensive history lesson at the beginning. It was interesting, but had nothing to do with Soarin'.

Interesting! Sounds very different than the DL tour. There, we got to see the show twice-once in the prime seats, once from behind the screen. We got to see more backstage, smell all the scents they use and learn about that system, and see the toy model they used to design it.

Interesting! Sounds very different than the DL tour. There, we got to see the show twice-once in the prime seats, once from behind the screen. We got to see more backstage, smell all the scents they use and learn about that system, and see the toy model they used to design it.
At WDW the guide showed us a cannister of the no longer used pine forest scent and let us smell it, while we were outside the building. Then we walked down the regular queue area to the pre-show area, and then into the ride area. He narrated into our earpieces during the ride. Then when the ride was over the lights came on and we were able to linger to view the mechanism. And then we left. That was it.Soarin.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!