Member Services Breaking 11 Month Rule!

They've done it again! I have a reservation for Dec. 20-22, 2021 and wish to add on the 22nd and 23rd - but the 22nd isn't available. As TODAY is the 21st, the 22nd cannot be reserved without the 21st also being reserved - and that isn't available because I have one of the few rooms for that night.

urrrgghhh!
Did you open your current reservation online to modify this morning ?
Keep trying? Good luck ...let us know . Hope you don’t have to call but I would want to doublecheck.

Last edited:
Did you open your current reservation online to modify this morning ?
Keep trying? Good luck ...let us know . Hope you don’t have to call but I would want to doublecheck.

Some reported having issues today with getting a waitlist to work so I wonder if it is an IT issue? Unless it’s VGF which has been wonky all month.

I wrote Terri- Rec'd a call back from Jeff. He seemed like he genuinely looked into it (said he contacted IT). But in the end (almost 45 minutes) - I'm not sure he understood what was going on and fell back on the "the room was booked by someone in a different category" argument.

I STILL would like someone to explain that one to me! If there are 10 studios booked 11-months from today (the 21st) (whether booked as a studio or as part of a 2-bedroom), then there should be 10 studios available on the 22nd to book, and as of today, only people who have the 21st booked would be able to also book the 22nd (11-month PLUS 1 day). This is regardless of whether the studio was booked as a studio or 2-bedroom! I am an engineer and have charted this out with all possibilities, just in case I somehow was looking at it incorrectly.

As I have a reservation for the 21st, I should be able to book the 22nd - but apparently there is some other "Mysterious" category of room that has taken that studio before it is available to book as part of a new reservation (perhaps that category is "cast member"?)

I wrote Terri- Rec'd a call back from Jeff. He seemed like he genuinely looked into it (said he contacted IT). But in the end (almost 45 minutes) - I'm not sure he understood what was going on and fell back on the "the room was booked by someone in a different category" argument.

I STILL would like someone to explain that one to me! If there are 10 studios booked 11-months from today (the 21st) (whether booked as a studio or as part of a 2-bedroom), then there should be 10 studios available on the 22nd to book, and as of today, only people who have the 21st booked would be able to also book the 22nd (11-month PLUS 1 day). This is regardless of whether the studio was booked as a studio or 2-bedroom! I am an engineer and have charted this out with all possibilities, just in case I somehow was looking at it incorrectly.

As I have a reservation for the 21st, I should be able to book the 22nd - but apparently there is some other "Mysterious" category of room that has taken that studio before it is available to book as part of a new reservation (perhaps that category is "cast member"?)

The only technically possible answer right now would be taken out of service...but the rest dont seem to make sense. And, the way things have come and gone, especially at VGF, it is strange.

The only technically possible answer right now would be taken out of service...but the rest dont seem to make sense. And, the way things have come and gone, especially at VGF, it is strange.

Basically if a full audit was ever done on DVC youd find either a lot of negligence of incompetence from all the issues they seem to have.

One thing I’ve wondered is how bookings handle lock offs so the 1 bedroom and studio being available gurantees they are adjacent to be booked as 2 bedroom. For room categories with few numbers like jambo value or conceirge is it possible to book in such a way that it forces the studio and 1 bedroom to not be adjacent? I’ve never simulated it out to see how complex this booking process/optimization would be but often wondered if that could tie into some of the odd booking gaps.

One thing I’ve wondered is how bookings handle lock offs so the 1 bedroom and studio being available gurantees they are adjacent to be booked as 2 bedroom. For room categories with few numbers like jambo value or conceirge is it possible to book in such a way that it forces the studio and 1 bedroom to not be adjacent? I’ve never simulated it out to see how complex this booking process/optimization would be but often wondered if that could tie into some of the odd booking gaps.

For lock offs, if either the studio or 1 bedroom gets booked, that takes out the 2 bedroom.

For lock offs, if either the studio or 1 bedroom gets booked, that takes out the 2 bedroom.
Correct but to clarify my question with different check in and out dates and rooms having issues pop up to force changes or last minute bookings how do they gurantee the studio and 1 bedroom being available are actually next to each other? In short term example let’s say you have room 1 and room 2 both booked for studio and 1 bedroom. Let’s say room 1 has the studio check out and room 2 has the 1 bedroom checkout. You now have both a studio and 1 bedroom available but neither room 1 or 2 can be booked as 2 bedroom. There’s things in room assignment planning that could prevent much of this but I’m not sure how difficult it is to implement this at large scale with fluid bookings to always ensure they are both free adjacent to each other.

Correct but to clarify my question with different check in and out dates and rooms having issues pop up to force changes or last minute bookings how do they gurantee the studio and 1 bedroom being available are actually next to each other? In short term example let’s say you have room 1 and room 2 both booked for studio and 1 bedroom. Let’s say room 1 has the studio check out and room 2 has the 1 bedroom checkout. You now have both a studio and 1 bedroom available but neither room 1 or 2 can be booked as 2 bedroom. There’s things in room assignment planning that could prevent much of this but I’m not sure how difficult it is to implement this at large scale with fluid bookings to always ensure they are both free adjacent to each other.

Rooms are not assigned until a few days before check-in, so when you book the reservation they’re dealing purely with room counts for each category. For lock-offs, 2BR availability will be reduced by the greater of Studio or 1BR bookings.

They've done it again! I have a reservation for Dec. 20-22, 2021 and wish to add on the 22nd and 23rd - but the 22nd isn't available. As TODAY is the 21st, the 22nd cannot be reserved without the 21st also being reserved - and that isn't available because I have one of the few rooms for that night.

urrrgghhh!
I highly recommend you complain to Terri until she refers you to the member board and then make your case. If you complain enough to her she will make the intro as she did for me. Ask for it specifically.

Could this be fixed weeks? I am not sure which resorts have fixed weeks, but I wondered if they are "pre-booked" making availability poor ahead of the 12 month mark so it seems like MS is breaking the rules, when in fact it is a member who opted into their fixed week ahead of 11 months?

Could this be fixed weeks? I am not sure which resorts have fixed weeks, but I wondered if they are "pre-booked" making availability poor ahead of the 12 month mark so it seems like MS is breaking the rules, when in fact it is a member who opted into their fixed week ahead of 11 months?
That can happen however it would only occur starting on a Sunday as fixed weeks start Sundays. You wouldn't see a hole beyond the 11 month mark starting on a different day (which we see often when holes appear).

That can happen however it would only occur starting on a Sunday as fixed weeks start Sundays. You wouldn't see a hole beyond the 11 month mark starting on a different day (which we see often when holes appear).

You might if they took a rooms out of service for part of the week along with fixed weeks.

For example, say there are 10 rooms and 4 fixed weeks for that room size. That leaves only 6.

DVC blocked those 6 rooms for service Wednesday to Saturday. The other 4 are booked because of fixed weeks.

That would leave Sunday through Tuesday open for the 6.

Granted..it’s a rare thing but technically possible to explain holes.....assuming they can take that many out of service that far out.

You might if they took a rooms out of service for part of the week along with fixed weeks.

For example, say there are 10 rooms and 4 fixed weeks for that room size. That leaves only 6.

DVC blocked those 6 rooms for service Wednesday to Saturday. The other 4 are booked because of fixed weeks.

That would leave Sunday through Tuesday open for the 6.

Granted..it’s a rare thing but technically possible to explain holes.....assuming they can take that many out of service that far out.
Yes, rooms taken out by MS can cause all sorts of different issues but it isn't just FW's doing it, it's the room removed from service. The point is that the only way holes can be created by a fixed week, outside of other interference in the system, would make a hole starting on a Sunday.

Yes, rooms taken out by MS can cause all sorts of different issues but it isn't just FW's doing it, it's the room removed from service. The point is that the only way holes can be created by a fixed week, outside of other interference in the system, would make a hole starting on a Sunday.

I was simply trying to share a way that both fixed weeks and rooms out of service for legitimate reasons happening at the same time can indeed be one example that would create a hole.

Not much else can expect DVCM, or DVD, or someone pulling rooms out for not legitimate reasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts