Member ID Cards

we are in the process of buying resale at VGC, I could care less about booking cruises, lounges or wdw discounts, but my daughter wants to be able to buy the DVC special pins, are we able to do that or do I break her the bad news

we are in the process of buying resale at VGC, I could care less about booking cruises, lounges or wdw discounts, but my daughter wants to be able to buy the DVC special pins, are we able to do that or do I break her the bad news

I found this on Disney news "
Are there any special trading pins for DVC members?
Disney regularly creates trading pins exclusively available to Disney Vacation Clubmembers. These special pins are often not on display in resort gift shops since they can only be purchased by DVC members. Ask a gift shop cashier if they have any member exclusives available.

A Disney Vacation Club member ID is typically required in order to puchase any exclusive merchandise."

The caveat to us saving thousands in resale is we don't get the Blue membership card needed for most discounts and DVC extra perks. While I'm not sure our white card will work to get the pins it's worth a try, or at least a call to member services to find out.

I found this on Disney news "
Are there any special trading pins for DVC members?
Disney regularly creates trading pins exclusively available to Disney Vacation Clubmembers. These special pins are often not on display in resort gift shops since they can only be purchased by DVC members. Ask a gift shop cashier if they have any member exclusives available.

A Disney Vacation Club member ID is typically required in order to puchase any exclusive merchandise."

The caveat to us saving thousands in resale is we don't get the Blue membership card needed for most discounts and DVC extra perks. While I'm not sure our white card will work to get the pins it's worth a try, or at least a call to member services to find out.

As long as we have some type of card it should work, who would know the difference. OK we are safe

Is there some place in WDW where you can ask for your card and get it at the moment? At the DVC preview center maybe?

We were just in Disneyland last week and I do not know if the cast members know the difference between the white and blue cards. We have a blue card which I presented but had one cast member tell another in training that at DLR if the person doesn't have their card then as long as it says DVC member on the room key then it is fine to do the discount. Which is really incorrect because just because the person is staying on a DVC reservation doesn't mean they are a member. My mom stayed with our points once and it said DVC member on her room key and she isn't.
Had another cast member who asked me to present my card which I was getting out of my wallet and she saw the DVC member again on my room key and said "that's ok I don't need to see your card cause it is on here".
I only had one cast member who seemed to actually read what the card said even and only one that asked me for photo ID to use it.

Is there some place in WDW where you can ask for your card and get it at the moment? At the DVC preview center maybe?

My understanding is that they will not print you a new card but you can download a temp card from the member website.

:earsboy: Bill

My understanding is that they will not print you a new card but you can download a temp card from the member website.

Thank you.

I called MS and they are sending the new card to my wife. As the card will not arrive in time for our Halloween trip she'll use the digital card.

Thank you.

I called MS and they are sending the new card to my wife. As the card will not arrive in time for our Halloween trip she'll use the digital card.

I just love this :). New Member Card target date was January, 2016 :). And now it is OCTOBER 2016 :).

Really - someone needs to be fired :). We HAVE our cards... I just feel sorry for others :(.

I just love this :). New Member Card target date was January, 2016 :). And now it is OCTOBER 2016 :).

Really - someone needs to be fired :). We HAVE our cards... I just feel sorry for others :(.

Cards are processed by an outside company in batches. Apparently Disney doesn't feel that getting cards in a timely fashion is important.

A similar situation happened to us. We are resale and actually received the "blue" card in the mail. I called because I was confused and they sent me a fed ex envelope to promptly send the card back. They said there has been some "glitches" in the system. It was fun to have the "blue" card for at least a few days. Lol
Major fail on your part ha ha ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter