Medication Question

nmmace

Earning My Ears
I'm going to be traveling with a liquid medication during the cruise. I know I have to use the original bottle which I will bc it'll have the label & everything on it. I plan to keep it in my carry on bag for the plane. I was wondering if anyone has ever flown with a prescription liquid bottle before. It'll most likely be larger than 3oz. TSA shouldn't take it away bc it's subscribed medication correct?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I found this on the TSA Blog (who knew TSA had a blog):
http://blog.tsa.gov/2011/08/traveling-with-medication.html

I'm sure that you will be fine. I have traveled through TSA security several times with an infant and didn't even have a problem bringing bottled water, Pedialyte, formula, or breastmilk. The water & Pedialyte I was prepared for them to deny, but I never had a problem. Since medicine is more important I wouldn't anticipate a problem as long as it is in the original container.

Yes, your liquid medication can go through security in a bottle larger than the 3.4oz. Just remove it from your bag and keep it separate from everything in a bin at xray

Liquid medication is exempt from the 3-1-1 rule. Just put your medication in a separate bag and make TSA aware of it. You should have no problems.

When you travel with small children you are exempt from all most all the liquid rules. You can bring meds, formula, juice, yoghurt etc. the key is to pack all of it in a separate bag and declare it before it goes through the scanner. They do not like to be surprised!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter