Med Cruisers...Let's Discuss Planning!(Updated Tour Info, Links & BCN Info on Page 1)

I got an email form the company we are planning to use for the private boat tour and instead of picking us up in the port where the Magic docks (Beverello) they are picking us up at a neighboring port (Mergellina) Has anyone travelled between these tow ports? I know she states it's a 3 -5 minute drive. One of the reasons we were choosing this tour was less hassle then trying to get to Capri and back on our own. With 6 of going I am guessing we will need 2 taxis or do you think it is close enough/ safe enough to walk?

I don't mind eating so late, it's getting up so early for those early excursions that make it awful.

Since I have early seating I'm happy to see the times pushed back. Looking at the length of some of the shore excursions it looks like we'd have to rush to clean up a bit after arriving back on board before dinner.

Main dining was 6:15pm on the Magic in the Med back in 2011 as well. It's always later on European cruises (on DCL and other cruise lines) versus cruises out of American ports etc

Has anyone heard of they are still doing the tea party on one of the sea days? I want to know if I need to stop by to get tickets or not when we board!

I forgot what they were before... 5:15 and 8:15?

Last year they gave us 8:30 pm, even though I noticed others were assigned 8:15 pm.

In practice though, they never got around to taking our orders until 8:45 pm anyway and we never got out before 10pm. It made dining kind of a rush at the end there and we were always super tired afterwards.

There wasn't a tea party on the last 7 night Med last year:sad1: nor was there a character breakfast

Whaaaat? No character breakfast? They had it on the 10 day Med in 2011 :-( I thought they did it on all 7 day and longer cruises. I guess we will have to wait and see what others report this year. Fingers crossed!

I'm on the WBTA and we were told that they have discontinued the Character Meals for the summer on the Magic and it includes our WBTA. DCL says that they are too port extensive to do the character meals.

A lot of us sent in e-mails complaining that the WBTA has more than enough sea days and that it wasn't port extensive, but from the response everyone got it does not look like they will reconsider.

I'm on the WBTA and we were told that they have discontinued the Character Meals for the summer on the Magic and it includes our WBTA. DCL says that they are too port extensive to do the character meals. A lot of us sent in e-mails complaining that the WBTA has more than enough sea days and that it wasn't port extensive, but from the response everyone got it does not look like they will reconsider.

That sucks. And that's such a silly excuse, the WBTA has more than enough time (for passengers AND characters) to have done a character breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter