• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Med Cruisers...Let's Discuss Planning!(Updated Tour Info, Links & BCN Info on Page 1)

We didn't run into a problem, but were constantly warned about "gypsies" or scams, and we kept larger bills, our Key to the World card and passports in our money belts.

Didn't have trouble with the gypsies trying to get my money--they went after my leftovers from lunch! It was in Firenze a couple weeks ago. We had lunch at the "recommended" place from our tour guide in Firenze at Piazza Santa Croce. We ordered too much food and figured we'd take it with us for the long bus rides to Pisa and back to the ship. As soon as I stepped out of the restaurant patio, 2 were all over me trying to grab my leftovers speaking somthing that didn't sound especially Italian. They must've been watching me for a while as we were packing up. Tried to ignore them and walk away, but they kept following me. After about a minute I got tired of them hounding me and I let out a few loud and firm "no's" to their faces that made them back off.

do you guys know the name of a Facebook page group for august 1st 2016 med cruise? i wan to join FE

Here's the link to the DIS Meet thread
Aug 1, 2016
http://www.disboards.com/threads/august-1-2016-mediterranean-magic-cruise-whos-in.3428735/

There's not a lot of traffic there but it looks like a few people have posted recently - we're sailing June 5th and have had a quite a few families join our Meet thread in the last couple of weeks - so there's still time to get activity going and start an FE before y'all sail. People just need to see that other people are posting to get the activity going.

Last edited:
I was also looking for a facebook group for this or a thread but a bit more activity but can't find one.

OK I have a question, since this is not Canaveral, what time do we suggest for the earliest flight out of Barcelona after the cruise. I would like to a 12 noon to catch a connecting flight out of paris. Little concerned because I have been on other cruises that take hours to unload

I was also looking for a facebook group for this or a thread but a bit more activity but can't find one.

It takes activity to beget activity, so even if you find yourself talking to yourself for a couple of days, others will join... give it a chance!

OK I have a question, since this is not Canaveral, what time do we suggest for the earliest flight out of Barcelona after the cruise. I would like to a 12 noon to catch a connecting flight out of paris. Little concerned because I have been on other cruises that take hours to unload

I would recommend taking your bags off yourself so you don't have to wait for them to be unloaded at the port - that way you're more in control of when you can leave from the terminal area post-cruise.

It takes activity to beget activity, so even if you find yourself talking to yourself for a couple of days, others will join... give it a chance!

I would recommend taking your bags off yourself so you don't have to wait for them to be unloaded at the port - that way you're more in control of when you can leave from the terminal area post-cruise.

That's why I am asking, is there a different procedure in Barcelona.

That's why I am asking, is there a different procedure in Barcelona.

Our experience was it was the same procedure, just way more traffic in Barcelona depending on the day of the week to get from the port to the airport. But you can get there for a noon flight if you aren't delayed getting off the ship. Taking your luggage yourself will help you be able to get off quite a bit earlier than waiting for DCL to do it for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter