Mears or Town Car????

ddgirl

Donald Gets No Respect!! Donald Rocks!!
I'm torn on what transporation I should choose to get from MCO to CBR and back again. I've seen that the town cars will run approx. $70-85 round trip. Also noticed that Mears would be $16.00 per person - Is this each way or is this $16.00 for round trip? There will be only two of us in the party, but if Mears is $16.00 - which would total $64.00 round trip, l might be better off to just pay the extra $11.00 and have a town car waiting and ready to go when we arrive at MCO. I've also heard that Mears will stop at many resorts - so that further delay make the town cars look more attractive.

Any help, advice or comments would be helpful. THANKS

I would suggest using the Towncar. We went last year DH, DS and myself and Tiffany Towncar was great! They make a stop at the supermarket if you would like to get anything---this really helped us with a child. It is also great not to have to stop off at each hotel especially when you are arriving.

There is a coupon for $5.00 off Tiffany on their website---there are other towncar companies that people have used here and love as well. So I am not pushing Tiffany per se but I would definitely do a towncar rather than Mears.

Also, I tipped the driver $10.00 each way. :D

Yep, Mears is each way, so as you can see, the difference to get a towncar instead is not all that much. For groups larger than two, the towncar is typically cheaper. But even for a couple, I believe that the convenience is well worth it. My hubby and I always use Happy Limo. We used to use Mears, but we don't like the crowded vans and having to make multiple stops before ours. Happy Limo has a coupon rate too, and when we use them for our Disney cruises, we usually use the grocery stop.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Would the town car companies let two sets of two people share a town car, if I found another couple arriving @ MCO at the same time and then returning back to MCO. I guess the odds of finding two people arriving, departing and staying at the same resort are slim. Heres the info if anyones interested:

Arrive on Delta flight at 3:59 - May 22nd
Depart on Delta flight at 4:00 something - May 27th
Staying at Carribean Beach Resort

I can't see the towncar company minding you sharing with another couple. The charge the same amount whether it is one person or four.
You might just want to let them know ahead of time that it will be four people instead of two.

Good luck in finding someone to share. But even if you end up with only 2 people it is well worth avoiding the hassle of Mears.

ddgirl.. For the extra money go with a good Town Car company Like Yourride Plus you get a free grocery store stop. So you can get some water and other stuff. And you don't have to stop at all of the other hotel. Tony
Check out their website
http://www.Yourride.net

We always use Tiffany and they are great.

We had a discussion with someone who used Mears on our visit in March and they were very disspointed with Mears.

Apparently they kept going around the airport to keep picking up other passengers and then to other resorts first.

I vote for Tiffany. And Deb the owner is great!.

:D

When we went in February, we kept watching the town cars go by, and thinking, we should have done that. We used Mears to save "a buck or two" and waited about 40 minutes for our bus, then they made a few stops for other airlines, and then on our return trip, we must have stopped about 5 times before they got to our spot. We will definitely use a town car next time. Worth the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter