McDonalds ~ New Light Menu ~ What do you think?

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi, first, I'm wondering if this new light menu is in the states. I am thinking ~ no.

I tried the whole wheat bbq chicken, and other than it being a little salty, it was very good! I might have thought it salty because I don't usually put salt on food. For 309 calories, it was a good dinner.

The salads look good too!

Anyone try the veggie burger?

S

I've had the chicken too. I didn't have it with the bbq sauce since I tend to find them too smokey and salty and I thought it was good. I've also had the grilled vegetable salad with chicken and it was delicious. A friend of mine tried the veggie burger and liked it.

I haven't tried any yet but was very curious as to how this new menu tasted.:) I did try the oriental salad at Wendy's and nearly died when I read the calorie content of the dressing! It was like over 300 cal for a little pouch of the stuff! Yikes!:eek:

I'll be sure and give McDonalds a try!:sunny:

I had a Wendy's salad too and it was VERY high in calories and fat ~ due to the dressing. I don't mind a heavy salad as a meal, I like them with nuts, croutons, dressing ~ but not all the time. If I eat a salad because I need to shed a few pounds, I like them light.

I like the veggie burger at Harvey's, but I haven't had one in a long time.

I'm happy to see McDonalds adding lighter food. Whenever we go to McDonalds, I never order food, I just eat what the kids don't finish just so I don't get the fat and calories of my own meal (eating someone elses food has zero calories LOL). But now, I can eat there! With two little kids, McDonalds is a staple ~ is that too sad????? I think corporate McDonalds would like to hear that. S

The veggie burger at Harvey's is much better. I thought the one at McDonalds was like cardboard.

I've tried a few things on the new menu. I didn't really like the Roasted Vegetable salad, but, I did like the Manderin Salad. The new desert is really good! I usually get the Wendy's salads and use only 1/4 of the dressing, they are a high in fat!

Bizzibee

No Frills has strawberries, blueberries and raspberries on for $1.97 each! On my way tomorrow! I guess it's like the antedote to McD's! LOL! S

When we were in Florida last week of April we stopped at McD just north of Daytona Beach and had one of he berry parfaits and thought it was great and wished they had them in Canada. Tried one today and it was not too bad, half the size though, but same price as USA!!. They are made by Danone. They also had some of the same new menu items as well. Food seems to be the same, but nobody does coffee like Tim's. :p

Glad to hear the new items are on the US menus too. When my cousin came up from California she never heard that McD sold pizza so I figured the US wouldn't have the new lighter menu. I think CDN's are into the lighter foods. Just the fact that the berry thing in the states was twice as big says a lot. I need/want to lose about 10 pounds (15 pounds LOL), so off to buy lots of fruit today! NO FRILLS has blue berries, raspberries and strawberries on for $1.97! Chat soon! S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter