MAY WISH Goals - Monthly Thread

The Irish referendum is over, a week of intense emotions. My family is divided on this, and we keep away from each other. I am glad it's over. My husband had his 3 year scan this week - all good. I am emotional wreck! My family, debates on forums I participate, work debates on the referendum -parts of it were ugly

I am drinking glass of prosecco and have zero thoughts about healthy eating, but boy - with chicken and veggies & rice prepped, you eat what you have so it's all good. Apart from the glass of vino.

Hello all it has been a busy week - my access to disboards is being wierd 2 different computers are not loading thread properly

Friday QOTD: I had to think about it, but then yesterday I had the idea that I really would love to use that money for a mani/pedi and to get my eyebrows waxed!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and that things have settled down for @HappyGrape a bit!

We did a lovely day trip yesterday and today is being spent sorting through all kind of things, so productive, but not very active...

Good morning! In the US, it's a holiday, but it's still Motivation Monday! Post something about what motivates you. This can be a picture, meme, quote, or something personal.

6796_1420503119.png

I "ran" my first 5K on Saturday, which was 3/4 walking. Finished in a very unremarkable 50 minutes. But it was a dream come true -- I'd always wanted to do one.

Good job lovesmurfs!

You guys motivated me today. I really wanted an ice cream sundae from take out, but I thought of DIS and made myself some hot cocoa instead! Sweet craving conquered!

Yesterday DH and I drove an hour plus to the cemetery where my grandparents are buried. Once we got the correct directions from my mom ("oh! I didn't realize there was another road there!") we were able to tidy up their headstone and the headstones of my great grandparents and great uncle/aunt. My parents said it was like a Christmas gift to them having someone else do it! Because we were there and not home we completely forgot to make the usual Sunday afternoon call to DH's parents. It was sad that they didn't realize it. Usually we get a call in the evening reminding us we forgot! At least they still knew who we were when we called today. That's something.

A short work week this week. Hooray! I'm excited that summer is coming and I'll soon have time off. DH got a lot accomplished this week he was off. I don't plan to accomplish too much when I'm off! :lmao:

Does anybody have plans to accomplish big things this summer (besides being healthier!)?

Hard to believe that the month is nearly over! Taking volunteers for "cruise director" for this thread in June -- It's actually pretty fun to do!

That said, Topic Tuesday! How did your holiday weekend go (for those of us in the US)? What went well, what could be improved? How are you going to make this a great week going forward?

I haven't checked in for a few days, so I figured I'd pop in this morning before work.
I finished having most of the ordered tests done by my doctor last week, but so far they haven't gotten the results back so I'm still waiting to find out if there is any solution to my breathing difficulties. The waiting on a diagnosis is hard, especially when it could be so many things. I'm really hoping to hear something today, now that the holiday weekend is over.

Weigh-in wise, I'm down a total of 21lbs from my starting weight, and have beaten my WISH goal for the month. I'm officially in the 250s! That's quite exciting for me. I'm starting to feel the effects of the exercise as well, which is enough to motivate me to continue pushing my step and exercise goals most days. I have a big art convention coming up in early July, so most of my time is being dedicated to prep-work for that, which is keeping me busy. I'm hoping to weigh even less by then!

How did your holiday weekend go (for those of us in the US)? What went well, what could be improved? How are you going to make this a great week going forward?

I ended up sticking pretty close to home over the weekend. I did a very good job of not falling into all-or-nothing mode, doing little bits of things here and there. Yesterday evening there was nothing left that had to be done before taking off for my trip, which is a big shift since most often I wait till the last minute and have to scramble. I spent time outside just sitting, both in the front and the back, and it was quite a revelation. At one point, I heard a bunch of crows making an uproar, looked up and about 20 of them were chasing an eagle... it was crazy. I ate OK over the weekend, but did have sugar, no big surprise there. I didn't get many steps in though... but did do a lot of knitting.

I'm on the plane right now, we're about half way there. For the most part I'm not in charge of my life for the next couple days, but wherever we end up eating I can always make good choices and I surely am not free to snack at will, so that's a good thing. The hotel we're staying at is in Hersey PA - we aren't going to have any free time to go exploring, but I have a feeling a town built around chocolate is going to be my kind of place.

well done lovesmurfs! You are on fire! Well done for making your dreams come true

weekend was good but not in terms of healthy eating. It's the sensitive week of the month for me, I am taking it little easier this week and feel ok with that. I am however taking it easier with activity but not with my healthy eating. I made huge pot of chilli with a lot of different beans and tons of peppers for added vegetables. I bought lovely watermelon. Made mini quiche muffins - egg, cottage cheese, roast broccoli and feta. I made lovely pasta last night with a lot of muschrooms, roast brocolli etc. When I bulk the vegetables 500 calorie plate can be very satifying

Had small ice cream today however I really enjoyed it so no regrets. it was 120cal, the lowest available.

Good job lovesmurfs!
got a lot accomplished this week he was off. I don't plan to accomplish too much when I'm off! :lmao:

Does anybody have plans to accomplish big things this summer (besides being healthier!)?

Few little things. Like buy a new car! We can't seem to find time to get it sorted during school year. Feeling little... feeling bit unsettled in work too but will see

Okay I think I have sorted the thread loading issues - I switched browsers - I tried my DDs computer tonight and it worked no problem - then I realised she uses Chrome.... so voila I am back!

I "ran" my first 5K on Saturday, which was 3/4 walking. Finished in a very unremarkable 50 minutes. But it was a dream come true -- I'd always wanted to do one.

:cheer2::cheer2: Well done, Congratulations!

ood morning! In the US, it's a holiday, but it's still Motivation Monday! Post something about what motivates you. This can be a picture, meme, quote, or something personal.

That said, Topic Tuesday! How did your holiday weekend go (for those of us in the US)? What went well, what could be improved? How are you going to make this a great week going forward?

My Motivation Monday and Topic Tuesday kind of go together .... Saturday night was DS's year 12 formal - It went well - his favourite part of the night was riding and arriving in his specially rented retro car ... a 48 Chevy ... loud, fast and looked super cool. So here is the motivation part - whilst I think I looked as close to as good as I can at the moment - I am far from happy with what I really saw in the pics and that is my size (my arm and sleeve is helping to disguise my belly in the pic below)! Oh and I usually have curly hair but had it straightened for something special. So come the end of the year for his graduation (in Australia our kids graduate around the middle of November) I want to be smaller and hopefully a little more satisfied with any pics taken then. I will post a pic of us, as he is super gorgeous (IMHO) :rotfl2: Resizing the pic has degraded the quality a little. Another highlight of the night was that his very thoughtful mother had a gift for him - a choice of lapel pins for his suit - he got to choose between a 'Spiderman" one or the 'Avengers - A" insignia - the Spiderman one wasn't as clear as the image at the online store showed - so interestingly I thought he would go with Spiderman as he has loved him since he was little and still does - but he went with the A for Avengers - He said lots of the kids noticed it and thought it was A - mazing (haha see what I did?)

Dis 1.jpg

I finished having most of the ordered tests done by my doctor last week, but so far they haven't gotten the results back so I'm still waiting to find out if there is any solution to my breathing difficulties. The waiting on a diagnosis is hard, especially when it could be so many things. I'm really hoping to hear something today, now that the holiday weekend is over.

Hope the results are useful and you are able to get treatment that helps quickly.

Few little things. Like buy a new car! We can't seem to find time to get it sorted during school year. Feeling little... feeling bit unsettled in work too but will see

Good luck with the car hunt!

Okay I think I have sorted the thread loading issues - I switched browsers - I tried my DDs computer tonight and it worked no problem - then I realised she uses Chrome.... so voila I am back!
-------
My Motivation Monday and Topic Tuesday kind of go together .... Saturday night was DS's year 12 formal - It went well - his favourite part of the night was riding and arriving in his specially rented retro car ... a 48 Chevy ... loud, fast and looked super cool. So here is the motivation part - whilst I think I looked as close to as good as I can at the moment - I am far from happy with what I really saw in the pics and that is my size (my arm and sleeve is helping to disguise my belly in the pic below)! Oh and I usually have curly hair but had it straightened for something special. So come the end of the year for his graduation (in Australia our kids graduate around the middle of November) I want to be smaller and hopefully a little more satisfied with any pics taken then.

Yay! Welcome back!

First of all, you look amazing! It's such a great dress! I do understand how you feel, though. When DS got married in November 2016, I was horrified, first by the difficulty I had in finding a dress (settled) and then in looking at the pictures (was actually 10-15 pounds heavier than my September 2017 starting weight). So hard when you know you did your best to get "gussied" up and then be disappointed in what you see. But you're on the right track -- you've got this!

Woo Hoo Wednesday! Tell us your successes this week! This could be a scale or non-scale victory, or just something that makes you smile to think about!

For me, I'm still riding high on having walked/run in front of hundreds of people in my workout gear for my first 5K on Saturday. I gave myself an hour, and did it in 50 minutes. Super turtle from a 5K perspective, but supersonic from mine!

Attachments

• IMG_2985.jpg
    IMG_2985.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 7
Love the pics! Great jobs, everyone!!

My wahoo is that there are only 10 student contact days left! I can count down on my fingers!!! We won't talk about the weeks I work after that! Let's focus on the wahoo stuff!

I'm kind of struggling a bit. Still logging all food and nothing is awful, just I feel like I've lost my oomph lately. I think I need to sit myself down and give me a pep talk! Why are you doing this? Isn't it great that clothes are looser? Isn't it nice to have a bit more energy? Don't you love working in the yard more? You've really been upping your steps, doesn't that feel good? What exactly is your motivation? Do you even remember? You've slowly changed some things for the better. What's next? I think those are all questions I need to answer!

But not right now because it is time for bed and I still need to wash the kitchen floor. There is something sticky on it and it needs to go away!

I'm kind of struggling a bit. Still logging all food and nothing is awful, just I feel like I've lost my oomph lately.

Feeling the same way. I'm exactly where I was on May 1, so no real goal achievement for me. I've started recommitting, and I'm soooooo glad that I didn't gain (in my previous weight loss "cycles" this is when I started gaining it all back with extra for good measure).

I had a good, on-plan day yesterday, and looking forward to a great day today (no bourbon!). One 24-hour period at a time.

Hang in there! You know what you need to do -- writing down your thoughts for about 10 minutes at a stretch may help you figure out what's going on.

Topic Thursday! Think about your eating habits in the past. Have you turned to food for comfort, reward, joy, stress, sadness, happiness, etc? How have you changed these habits? Or how WILL you change these habits?

Also, I'm willing to host June again if no one else steps up, but it's really great to get others' points of view/questions, etc. So if you're even considering it, volunteer for June!

For me, I'm still riding high on having walked/run in front of hundreds of people in my workout gear for my first 5K on Saturday. I gave myself an hour, and did it in 50 minutes. Super turtle from a 5K perspective, but supersonic from mine!

Great action shot!

I'm kind of struggling a bit. Still logging all food and nothing is awful, just I feel like I've lost my oomph lately. I think I need to sit myself down and give me a pep talk! Why are you doing this? Isn't it great that clothes are looser? Isn't it nice to have a bit more energy? Don't you love working in the yard more? You've really been upping your steps, doesn't that feel good? What exactly is your motivation? Do you even remember? You've slowly changed some things for the better. What's next? I think those are all questions I need to answer!

Maybe you just need a break - school terms are busy and hard work - hopefully as you start to wind and from the busyness of work you will refind your healthy mojo over the summer

Topic Thursday! Think about your eating habits in the past. Have you turned to food for comfort, reward, joy, stress, sadness, happiness, etc? How have you changed these habits? Or how WILL you change these habits?

I have and still can turn to food for all of those things! I am trying to challenge myself with self-talk about what the consequences of eating it will be - sometimes I win sometimes the food wins.

Also, I'm willing to host June again if no one else steps up, but it's really great to get others' points of view/questions, etc. So if you're even considering it, volunteer for June!

It doesn't seem fair for you to host 3 months in a row. I will do it - I will probably just steal your format and it will be super simple.

My final check in for the month - I achieved my goal which was to stick to my eating plan at least 85% of the time and am happy to say I have lost 2kg which is about 4.4 pounds and that was over 25 days not the whole month as it took me a week to set my goal and sort myself to get started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts