MAY W.I.S.H Thread:

My word this week: expansiveness. A lot of it has to do with expanding into all of the available daylight hours and making the most of spring/summer. Currently sunrise/sunset are 5:21am/8:51pm, so when sunny this is wonderful. It is stormy out there today, but what can a girl do?

Yesterday was lovely, I spent most of the time at brunch chatting with my Niece, sitting outdoors in a beautiful little patio area. They are still planning on looking for a house to flip next year: they'll live in it while they do the work, and they'll rent the place they are in now... and the current plan is to rent to me. This gives me a concrete goal to aim towards.

Aside from expanding, this week I do really, finally, for sure need to get my act together food wise. And I need to start moving and walking.

Last edited:
We had a great weekend. I got to walk again with friends on Saturday while the boys were in karate. Then we did some running around and we got Dairy Queen. Yesterday, we worked in the yard. The only thing I need to go is cut back some of my azalea bushes and mulch. I am a bit sore today though.

Back on track with meals today-trying a new shrimp and broccoli dish tonight. And local strawberries for dessert!
It’s cold and rainy today but hope to get out for a walk in a little while.

Oneanne, what a perfect solution renting from your niece!

For me, it actually works both ways. Valuing health and fitness led me to find a good spot for exercise in my daily routine. It took some playing around with the times to figure out what would “stick”, but it was worth it.

However, the same quote also keeps me from feeling too guilty when I need to skip a day for family time. It’s about balancing all the things I value, so I set myself up to make fitness a habit, but forgive myself on the days that just override habits.

Yes! Priorities! I do value the time I take to exercise and plan healthy meals. But if my grandson asks to go out for ice cream, I’m not going to say no. I’ve learned I can have that ice cream (I order a small for him and I eat the kiddie cone!) and make up for it somewhere else.

For me, it actually works both ways. Valuing health and fitness led me to find a good spot for exercise in my daily routine. It took some playing around with the times to figure out what would “stick”, but it was worth it.

However, the same quote also keeps me from feeling too guilty when I need to skip a day for family time. It’s about balancing all the things I value, so I set myself up to make fitness a habit, but forgive myself on the days that just override habits.
I used to value fun more than health when I was younger, and that attitude allowed the pounds to creep on over the years. I have reprioritized and now care more about being alive for my daughter's wedding and being an active grandma one day. That makes me think twice about the choices I make now, and it helps me to eat healthier and exercise.

Yes! Yes! And yes! I agree with everything everyone has said so far! I also value my workouts, healthy lifestyle, family and fun! Balance is everything!!!

One tradition I started unintentionally was making the kids a big breakfast on PSSA (state testing) days. This started when they were in third grade. They are now in 10th grade and have to take Keystones (another state test). I wasn’t even thinking about it, but Sunday night my son asked if I was going to make them breakfast this week (they usually make their own cereal, bagel & banana or toaster waffles). So of course I said YES! But then I realized I had to be to school earlier today for a faculty meeting. That meant no time for a workout. I had a REALLY hard time letting that go! But I knew my kids asking for breakfast meant more than one workout. And I knew I was doing the right thing. But it was still hard. Even so, I still got over 3 miles in steps just walking around the classroom. So that made me feel better about missing the workout.

Topic Tuesday - How do you add fun to your exercise routine?

I'm normally a pretty boring exerciser - walk on the treadmill, pedal the desk cycle, or click on a yoga video - but yesterday I added a few minutes jumping on the trampoline with the kids, and it was so much fun!

What tiny FUN graphic.png exercise have you done lately, or would you like to try?

Topic Tuesday - How do you add fun to your exercise routine?

I'm normally a pretty boring exerciser - walk on the treadmill, pedal the desk cycle, or click on a yoga video - but yesterday I added a few minutes jumping on the trampoline with the kids, and it was so much fun!

What View attachment 577583 exercise have you done lately, or would you like to try?
I have always loved to dance. It's a little challenging right now with two bad knees, but I enjoy aqua-aerobics very much when I can find a class...not many good ones around my area as most gyms have closed their pools over the years. So, my back-up is Zumba for kids with my class. If I'm having a good day, I can stand up and join them. If not, I will join them for an upper body chair workout. Either way, it is the music that inspires me to move and have fun!

I also enjoy dancing. When I complete a workout program or have rest day, I often go back to some of the Cize or Country Heat dance workouts for fun!

I also enjoy a lot of outdoor activities such as biking, hiking and kayaking. This year, I’m excited to try paddleboarding. My daughter loves it, so we got her an inflatable paddleboard for Christmas. Hoping she lets me try it ;)

We got some of the outdoor games out this weekend-cornhole, badminton, volleyball. My grandson loves it when I shoot baskets with him-I feel that in my upper arms. We got two inflatable kayaks last Christmas, so anxious to try those-would love a review of the paddle board, MickeyMom76!
A couple of my friends love water aerobics-I am thinking about giving that a try again-haven’t done it in years.

Been contemplating the word "value", just like "standards" that came up as a prompt in an ADHD feed... as in what standards serve you well or don't serve you at all. What do I value? Haven't really been able to answer that question. My healthful focus lately has been on resting, and being OK with doing nothing, not feeling guilty. But I also need to be moving more, but do I value moving more? Hmmmm....

Doing fun exercising would require exercising, now wouldn't it? I like the idea of dancing around that so many of you have mentioned, so might give that a try.

For woohoos... my rug for the front porch came yesterday and I really like it, it makes the porch look like a completed space.

Monday is the holiday, so woohoo for a three day weekend! Yesterday we got notification that we are ontrack for solid half-year bonuses, something we were doubting based on a monthly financial readout for our area that we had a couple weeks ago, so woohoo for that! And woohoo that my trip to LA week after next is just an overnighter.

Last night I got to thinking about turning my current park pass into an annual pass, which I'm assuming will be available again by September. My March 2020 trip was to have been a long one, so I got a 10-day pass, but in September I'll only use 8 days of it, and that is if I go in to a park the first evening. So right there I'm losing about $130. Upgrading will cost around $350. I have friends going in early November, right now there there are few hotels available, but that should change as more open back up. Or if I went in the Spring, the annual upgrade would cost about half of what another park pass would cost. If I did another trip in fall 2022, that would be around $125 pass-cost for each trip. And I've got enough frequent flyer miles for one free ticket, so whatever trip comes next it would be pretty darn cheap. Thanks for sticking around for my class in Disney math (spending money to save money).

WooHoo we are getting rain today!!!!! The tree pollen count has been so high lately and DD and myself have been miserable. Really hoping the rain the pollen count down. Also it is bringing cooler temps. We went from like the 30's to the 90's in a matter of days. This is much needed all around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!