MAY W.I.S.H Thread:

I will be finishing up my running workout called 30 Day Breakaway. I run my 5k tomorrow for the Phillies virtual run. That has been my motivation. Today I will stretch & foam roll. And I’m less than 3 weeks away from finally returning to Disney World! So that’s a big motivator. Plus I tried on shorts yesterday and there were quite a few pair that were too snug to wear! So I really need to track my food and stick to my meal plan!

I will be finishing up my running workout called 30 Day Breakaway. I run my 5k tomorrow for the Phillies virtual run. That has been my motivation. Today I will stretch & foam roll. And I’m less than 3 weeks away from finally returning to Disney World! So that’s a big motivator. Plus I tried on shorts yesterday and there were quite a few pair that were too snug to wear! So I really need to track my food and stick to my meal plan!
Please tell us how your run goes!

My word of the week (and motivation) is: carefree. The past few days have been like high summer, and as I'm driving past the park and along the beach it brings back the childhood feelings of being free, doing family stuff (one of the things my parents got right was doing outdoors activities), having all the doors and windows open and getting fresh air breezes thru the house, stuff blooming. It got me to thinking of being more carefree in my approach to work, not slovenly but more relaxed, less worry. This is going to be a challenging week but how can I find joy in it?

I've decided to take the third week of June off, now trying to think of what I want to do. I feel like my nervous system is maxed out so it should be something relaxing, and I'm not sure another drive out to the coast is going to hit the spot. I've got tons of frequent flyer miles so will have to explore a bit and see where I could go on the cheap that would be different but relaxing.

I am trying to be motivated but I am in the office today. I have a bad headache that is being made worse by it being 78 degrees in here today. I will get my minutes in when I get home. I did take a walk in a quiet, much cooler area right outside our office (still in the building) so I have some time. I will go up again later today to get some more time in.

Yesterday, we had DH's grandmother over for dinner. I think we have talked her into a 55 and older apartment that is being built close to us. We just have to see if the price works out to be something she can afford. We are working on that. We just have to keep the momentum going or she will think too much and refuse to move. She lives in a very bad area and moving would make things aver for her. Also, it would be a smaller place to keep up. She has lived in this house for like over 50 years so it is hard for her to move.

I woke up this morning feeling awful, but my doctor's note was only for last week, so I went to school anyway:sad1:. The extraction site was red and seemed swollen, not to mention the PAIN. I got an appointment for 11am, so my principal let me leave early. I was treated for a dry socket. He irrigated the area and packed it with disgusting tasting medication and gauze. Fortunately, I don't have an infection, so I don't need to be on antibiotics and then diflucan because of getting thrush. It's just a matter of dealing with the constant pain and difficulty sleeping. He ordered more pain meds which would help me sleep, but I'm not picking them up...too risky. The Advil is upsetting my stomach even though I take it with food and alternate with Tylenol, so I am temporarily taking my Nexium twice a day to calm down my acid reflux.

My motivation is to get through this pain and discomfort knowing that it is only temporary. I look forward to getting back to my healthy diet so I can get closer to my goal. In 67 days, I will be checking into the Margaritaville Resort!

I woke up this morning feeling awful, but my doctor's note was only for last week, so I went to school anyway:sad1:. The extraction site was red and seemed swollen, not to mention the PAIN. I got an appointment for 11am, so my principal let me leave early. I was treated for a dry socket. He irrigated the area and packed it with disgusting tasting medication and gauze. Fortunately, I don't have an infection, so I don't need to be on antibiotics and then diflucan because of getting thrush. It's just a matter of dealing with the constant pain and difficulty sleeping. He ordered more pain meds which would help me sleep, but I'm not picking them up...too risky. The Advil is upsetting my stomach even though I take it with food and alternate with Tylenol, so I am temporarily taking my Nexium twice a day to calm down my acid reflux.

My motivation is to get through this pain and discomfort knowing that it is only temporary. I look forward to getting back to my healthy diet so I can get closer to my goal. In 67 days, I will be checking into the Margaritaville Resort!
Dry socket! How painful-it’s a good thing you went to the dentist today.
Hope tomorrow is better!

I love my walks. I use the time to sort out my thoughts and work out solutions to all those little problems that come up every day. I always come home feeling better than when I left the house. I wish I had made getting out for a walk every day more of a priority when I was younger.

I enjoy my Beachbody workouts as well as walks, runs, & bike rides. Making time in the morning to workout has been so helpful in starting my day in a good mood.

Last summer, we were supposed to celebrate the twins 16 birthday and our 20th wedding anniversary with a trip to an all-inclusive resort in Riviera Maya, Mexico. Thanks to the pandemic, that didn’t happen. Instead, we went camping (not really my thing). However, while camping, we went hiking on the Appalachian Trail. That was so much fun! There were amazing lookouts and views. It’s was so challenging! I had this great sense of accomplishment afterwards. So hiking is something I’d like to do more!

Thanks to all of you, I have let in a support group that I truly enjoy and rely on. You all have meant so much to me during the pandemic, and I feel like you should take some credit for my weight loss. Another thing is thankfulness, also due to all of you.

Thanks to all of you, I have let in a support group that I truly enjoy and rely on. You all have meant so much to me during the pandemic, and I feel like you should take some credit for my weight loss. Another thing is thankfulness, also due to all of you.
I agree! The support from this group has been wonderful and uplifting through a very difficult year! I used to be very anti social media. But I now realize some of the amazing benefits! ❤️

Today's topic... holding space for the joy of rediscovering being outside, even just working on the front porch. I was thinking I don't remember putting much effort into it last summer, I barely remember last summer at all. Not all of my favorite flowers were available at the nursery, I have a huge love for lobelia in particular and that was one that was missing, so I need to look elsewhere for it. I'm looking forward to sitting out on the porch in the evenings and reading, enjoying my lovely little garden.

Also making space for reading, something I have been struggling with. But I need to feed my brain better, and book reading is the way to go.

I have an early WOO HOO for Wednesday: My superintendent announced that if we complete our obligations by June 18th, which is the last day of school for kids, teachers don’t have to come back on Monday, June 21st, our official last day of school! So my last day of school is one month from today!

WOO HOO!!!
:dancer:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!