MAY W.I.S.H Thread:

Personally, I am good with the planning. I have a morning routine for my workouts and I make a meal plan each week. I have identified barriers and worked around them. I know I’m not as good at working out after school or going to a gym. I need to have my meals planned and prepped or else I’m quick to do fast food once I’m hungry. And I try to eat when planned as opposed to when I’m hungry (when I can) because once I’m hungry I tend to over eat.

Some things I need to work on are focusing on the positives, watching my portions (I’ve done this and it works, but I’m not consistent anymore with it), and eat slowly. I’m a quick eat and move on to the next thing…possibly from being a teacher with a “30 minute” lunch break that is really usually about 10 minutes.
I can totally relate to the 10 minute lunch. By the time I get the kids settled in the cafeteria, go to the bathroom after hours of holding it, and walk out to my car, all I have time for is gulping down my Iconic protein shake, and forcing down a banana. I was bringing a lovely fruit salad for a while, but it takes too long to eat. Before I know it, 10 minutes has passed, and I have to pick them up from the cafeteria. My friends who eat downstairs in the teachers' lounge have even less time than I do since the teachers' lounge is a long trek. Meanwhile, the parking lot is not far from the cafeteria, so it takes very little time for me to return. They still bring full lunches and complain everyday that there's not enough time....yeah, there's not, so why are they still bringing in elaborate lunches?

I do all of my eating at breakfast and dinner, because that is the only time that I can actually sit and relax properly.

One more thankful...

I'm thankful that I am not in school today or tomorrow. Three of my boys were sent to the office for bad behavior. I have five very badly behaved boys, and they drive me crazy dealing with their nonsense all day every day. I handle my own business though and have never sent a student to the office. It is good for my principal to see just how rough they are.

I can totally relate to the 10 minute lunch. By the time I get the kids settled in the cafeteria, go to the bathroom after hours of holding it, and walk out to my car, all I have time for is gulping down my Iconic protein shake, and forcing down a banana. I was bringing a lovely fruit salad for a while, but it takes too long to eat. Before I know it, 10 minutes has passed, and I have to pick them up from the cafeteria. My friends who eat downstairs in the teachers' lounge have even less time than I do since the teachers' lounge is a long trek. Meanwhile, the parking lot is not far from the cafeteria, so it takes very little time for me to return. They still bring full lunches and complain everyday that there's not enough time....yeah, there's not, so why are they still bringing in elaborate lunches?

I do all of my eating at breakfast and dinner, because that is the only time that I can actually sit and relax properly.
Five years retired and I still finish lunch and dinner before my husband is done. I really have to remind myself to slow down.

So glad you are home and recovering-I thought your procedure was this week. You must be so glad to have it behind you!

Thankful for the beautiful weather!

Thankful to spend time with my husband’s brother and his wife-they have a place around the corner from us, so we time our visits together.

Thankful his brother is here to help put together the new grill-steaks on the grill tonight!

It’s been a little harder staying on track when we’re at the beach, but I have been better prepared this time and have resisted eating out. Putting on a pair of capris that were a little snug was a good motivator!
Going to go for my walk soon and then check out some of my favorite consignment stores down here. There’s a cute store called Seaquels that always has fun beachy things.

This has been a rough week for me. I haven't been feeling all that great with headaches and general tiredness. I'm thinking I am burned out, and that I need to be addressing that better. Unfortunately I can't take time off until late in June, so I need to come up with a plan on how to make adjustments in the meantime. We are only a month away from the longest days of the year, but I am so tired by the end of the work day that I don't have energy to make good use of the extra hours of sunshine.

Things I did accomplish this week... I weed-wacked the tall grass in the patch of lawn behind the house, now I can possibly get the mower thru it.

I am 100% immune as of today - woohoo! Tomorrow I get my first pedicure in a year and a half to celebrate. I think I might drive out to Port Townsend Sunday, I've really been wanting to get out on a boat and was hoping to do the whale tour from there but they are booked. Still, a road trip would do me more good than sitting around here, and at least I would get a ferry ride out of it. I just checked if the aquarium is now open and it is but by appointment, so I made one. Guess I am going!

My focus today is on healing. I've been in so much pain at times, especially late afternoon until I go to bed. I was given 5 pain pills, 3 of which I took day 1, and the other 2 for Wednesday and Thursday night so that I could sleep. They are gone, which is fine...I don't want to become reliant upon them. Tylenol does very little, and Advil upsets my stomach even taken with food. Right now, I'm staggering them (2 Tylenol, then 3 hours later, 2 Advil and so on), which is finally giving me some relief.

Not much going on this weekend. DS will final get to go back to karate after a little over a year off. He is so excited. I was able to get the kids in earlier for their vaccine. I took them to Walgreens last night. DS is doing great just a bit of a sore arm. He is still doing soccer (weight training) after school. DD came home from school. She just has a sore arm and she is really tired. Not sure she really needed to come home but we let it go for today. She tells me all the time that she is tired so it is hard to tell.

We will have DH's grandmother over for dinner on Sunday. This has been great for her and us. We have missed family.

My focus today is on healing. I've been in so much pain at times, especially late afternoon until I go to bed. I was given 5 pain pills, 3 of which I took day 1, and the other 2 for Wednesday and Thursday night so that I could sleep. They are gone, which is fine...I don't want to become reliant upon them. Tylenol does very little, and Advil upsets my stomach even taken with food. Right now, I'm staggering them (2 Tylenol, then 3 hours later, 2 Advil and so on), which is finally giving me some relief.
My dentist has also recommended staggering the Tylenol and Advil-hope this continues to give you some relief.

This has been a rough week for me. I haven't been feeling all that great with headaches and general tiredness. I'm thinking I am burned out, and that I need to be addressing that better. Unfortunately I can't take time off until late in June, so I need to come up with a plan on how to make adjustments in the meantime. We are only a month away from the longest days of the year, but I am so tired by the end of the work day that I don't have energy to make good use of the extra hours of sunshine.

Things I did accomplish this week... I weed-wacked the tall grass in the patch of lawn behind the house, now I can possibly get the mower thru it.

I am 100% immune as of today - woohoo! Tomorrow I get my first pedicure in a year and a half to celebrate. I think I might drive out to Port Townsend Sunday, I've really been wanting to get out on a boat and was hoping to do the whale tour from there but they are booked. Still, a road trip would do me more good than sitting around here, and at least I would get a ferry ride out of it. I just checked if the aquarium is now open and it is but by appointment, so I made one. Guess I am going!
A ferry boat ride and an aquarium visit sound like a perfect day to me!

Oh, I hope your pain subsides soon! Glad you found sine relief in the staggering of Tylenol & Advil! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter