May 5, 2010 Magic of Barcelona

Hey Strawberry Blonde, I am so glad that your dress finally arrived.:cutie:

I have so any last minute chores to get done that I don't think I'll get much sleep tonight. Our dog has been noticing the open suitcases and has expressed his displeasure by rolling in something unmentionable. Had to stop for doggie bath time.

Is anyone else going to be on the American Airlines JFK to BCN flight tomorrow?

Everyone, have a safe journey. See you real soon.:goodvibes

Well today it rained all day in Barcelona, but we walked down to the aquarium. I recommend it b/c it has a lot of interactive things for the kids. The breakfast at Casa Camper was fab I love this hotel. Tomorrow we are going to do the tourist bus and see some of the popular sites and then go to a dinner / flamenco thing later that night. Even to spite the weather we have enjoyed ourselves and I think I'm falling in love with Spain.

I have so any last minute chores to get done that I don't think I'll get much sleep tonight. Our dog has been noticing the open suitcases and has expressed his displeasure by rolling in something unmentionable. Had to stop for doggie bath time.

Is anyone else going to be on the American Airlines JFK to BCN flight tomorrow?

Aww, thanks :goodvibes! So cute about your doggie (well, not so fun about the bathing part) they are very clever about their humans aren't they?!

Well today it rained all day in Barcelona, but we walked down to the aquarium. I recommend it b/c it has a lot of interactive things for the kids. The breakfast at Casa Camper was fab I love this hotel. Tomorrow we are going to do the tourist bus and see some of the popular sites and then go to a dinner / flamenco thing later that night. Even to spite the weather we have enjoyed ourselves and I think I'm falling in love with Spain.

Aquarium is a great rainy day idea!

Our dog has been noticing the open suitcases and has expressed his displeasure by rolling in something unmentionable. Had to stop for doggie bath time.

Having same problem with dogs noticing... they are NOT pleased. They are getting clinging and probably are stressing about the upcoming kennel. Have to keep suitcases out of their reach....

Cant wait to see you all soon. Flying out of Newark tomorrow!

I'm so glad the dress came in! I bet that's a relief!

My dog is also starting to notice the suitcases and it's making him anxious... He really hates it when we leave. I have a good friend watching him while we're gone, though.

I'm sorry it's raining in Barcelona! Hopefully it will let up some soon. Can't wait to see you all! :goodvibes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX-_mSBHDTE

Such a fun song, playing this right now....it fits my mood!! party:

Just back from the postoffice......my gown came!! I'm so pleased, it feels like Christmas. I gained a bit of weight when we moved here to Germany from Hawaii....I think it was mainly because of the extreme change in climate and lack of sunlight during the winter....the chocolate, wine and bread here didn't help matters either! Anyway, I had wanted to lose those pounds and fit into my clothes for this cruise, but it was all I could do not to put on more pounds this winter, winters are very hard for me and this was my second one. So it was quite hard on me to not be fitting into the formal dresses in my closet, and yet the larger size gown I bought wasn't making it here in time...painful! Hooray this new one fits, it made it in the nick of time, I love the color (hard to see true color online)....now to switch out the shoes in my luggage.....more than happy to do that :Pinkbounc

Yeah! So glad your dress came - it's so fun to really dress up and if you are like me, the chance to dress formally is a rare opportunity. I had posted some time back about accidently ruining my formal the week before we left. Thankfully, I found another to bring. I was hoping to lose some pounds pre-cruise too but it didn't happen. Now I'll have to concentrate on losing the pounds I'll gain on the ship first. I'l enjoy every morsel and worry about the weight later!

Lemonbee, I agree about falling in love with Spain! The people here have been so friendly and helpful (and patient with my broken Spanish). I love the historic and artistic beauty that is so bountiful in this city. Haven't encountered any pickpockets - though I'm utilizing tons of security tips and haven't walked Las Ramblas yet. Clean metro system with good security presence visible. That was a nice surprise.

We are staying in a charming Bed and Breakfast with a gracious hostess. Enjoying meeting people from around the world. Like coming "home" after a day out. We froze our little backsides off today - wore multiple layers and were still cold - I guess it's the combined cold AND wet that makes it feel so bad.

Walked around Plaza Catalunya then spent the afternoon in the Chocolate Museum - fun, fun, fun, place! Great for kids - your entrance ticket is a bar of chocolate and the whole place is full of amazing sculptures made out of chocolate (including a huge sculpture of our favorite female mouse:)). Tried Spanish style Hot Chocolate - Christy and I thought we had died and gone to chocolate heaven - it's like drinking molten dark chocolate!:cloud9:

Went to Santa Maria del Mar church in the Barri Gotic, walked around and had dinner there before heading home. Charming area!

Much to see tomorrow - this weather has made touring difficult (and exhausting). Should have a mix of sun and showers. Safe flights everyone!

I'm catching an early flight out of Spain on the 15th (10:30 am) and am looking to book a private transfer. Would pick up aprx. 7:45 - 8:00. Could take two other passengers and split price. If anyone is interested pm me and send your stateroom #. Likewise if someone has room for 2 (with a large and 3 carryon suitcases), let me know.
Pamela

i made it to the boat! i had to pay over $400 in what they called a fuel surcharge. was not planning on this so had to use the money i brought for tips to pay it. :(

Hi All, Thank you for posting about your time in Barcelona. We will be there June 3 before our June 5 cruise. Not looking forward to paying a fuel charge! Any suggestions on transportation to from the Las Ramblas area are appreciated! Has anyone purchased their own alcohol in Spain to carry on?

Jill

I didn't pay any fuel surcharge, so I don't know.

Others on the boat, I am signing up for the Tequila/Margarita Tasting Today at 2:30 if anyone wants to join me following the meet.

Kaleigh, we will be on the May 26th sailing. Saw your latest blog post--thanks so much for the information. Can you tell me the show line up for each day if you have a chance? Also, how are they working the character breakfast with only one sea day? Have a great time!

Hello Cruisers!

Just returned from our cruise 4/24-5/5. It was wonderful!!!

A note though for anyone with the Pompei/Amalfi excursion.

This was a fantastic excursion, however, if you are on it be sure to sit on the right side of the bus. The right side enjoys the beautiful sea views, while the left views mainly consist of a rock wall and other tour busses.

Hope your cruise is as magical as ours was!

Michaela

Got home last night about 8pm EST. Cruise was great. Got upgraded to a cat 9 from a cat 10 but only because I complained about the room. It had a bad smell in it, but they did not want to move me. I kept on insisting and they did. Was nice having a window. Even though was not in the room that much, it was nice waking up each morning at the view.

Cruise was very tiring. Really needed an extra day at sea to break it up some. Did everything on our own and it was great. Not much happening in Corsica so maybe that was the only place I think we should have done an excursion. Barely made the boat out of Rome. Got back at 8:55pm. But they did say all aboard was 9pm. They said we were the last 3 to arrive back. Other than that, every thing was great. Food, service, crew, shows were all incredible. Now to get some rest from all that running.

We got back safe and sound last night and are missing the cruise already! I don't know if I'll do a TR, but I might do a "Things I learned on the Med Cruise," for future cruisers... We'll see:) We had an amazing time and I enjoyed meeting everyone! It felt like I only ran into a few other DIS people a few times, so I wish I'd gotten to see everyone more, but I hope everyone had a great cruise! :goodvibes

Had a great cruise! Everything was perfect and I'm missing my stateroom so much already! How will I get through a day without hearing Brent's voice each morning? ;)
Was so envious upon debarkation when we were waiting for our transport to BCN and the 15/5 cruisers were pulling up in taxi's. Oh how I wanted to get back on!
DEFINATELY booking another one for next year! I doubt I'll get the great deal I got this time but will keep an eye out!
So nice meeting my fellow Dis'er's!

We made it back late last night...I miss it already! We had a FANTASTIC time. We loved our room, our hostess, our servers...everything was great. I'm not sure which port I enjoyed more (though could have done without the weather in La Spezia!).

Plus, I met strawberryblonde, who is, in fact, strawberry blonde and has adorable and insanely polite kids.

I'm hoping they do the Baltic cruises in 2012. We'd definitely go again in a heartbeat. Luckily, we have several cruises coming up in the next 2 years to look forward to!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter