May 29, 2004---Who is with us?

I forgot to ask you why I need an over the door shoe bag? I saw them at Walmart yesterday but didn't get one because I don't know why I need it.

Since the bathroom is SO small, this is a handy place to store: brushes, toothpaste, makeup, deoderant, medicines, suntan lotion, q-tips, just about anything that normally you would keep in your bathroom. The one I had even had 2 larger pockets at the bottom. Here I was able to store my blow-dryer and extension cords. I suggest the kind with clear pockets, so you can see what is in each pocket. Remind me to show you mine next week.:)

you will never get anybody to see this on page 3!!

BUMP!:teeth:

:Pinkbounc
Everyone I tell that I am going on the cruise with you guys thinks it is really great. Alice Hasten wants to go too.

I think we need another bump. It's been awfully quiet on this thread :).

We've been starting to think about rooms before (booked the Holiday Inn Express this time) and after (thinking about the Beach Club), airfare (waiting for our carrier to extend their schedule to cover our dates) and rental cars lately. Got to do something to combat the cold here in NY!

Fran - my friend heatherdmb is lurking around here looking for helpful hints about the cruise..she saw the shoe holder advice..any other words of wisdom to help out first time cruisers??

Only 70 days or 5 paychecks to get this cruise paid for. NYdiscuisers....we have stayed at the Hampton Inn which was nice. Everything is close to the port. You have had some cold weather so far this year. We get a little chilly at night but back into the low 70's during the day. The best tip I can give is to get to the port early. They let you on at 12 noon so we enjoy the ship, food and drink for 5 hours before sailing and it makes getting all your ressies easy to get.

Anyone else going??????????????::MickeyMo

XLT800,
We are cruise veterans now. Actually, thanks to this board, we were experts before our 1st cruise. We were very near the front of the boarding line on our first cruise (arrived at the terminal at 10:30.)

It was much warmer today, we almost hit 40!

We've been busy with our cruise planning since last post. We booked our airfare and rental cars. We planned the excursions we are interested in taking. And, since we've seen a lot of interest in the new Ron Jon resort, we are looking into booking there for the night before the cruise.

By the way, for anyone here who is interested, I editted the dining rotation chart that mmouse37 put together to reflect the latest info (from the 12/13 navigators.) We found it very helpful last time, so if anyone is interested, here's a link: http://community.webshots.com/photo/94184617/112728364JvXkRO

Hi there XLT800 and the rest of you May 29th DCL cruisers!:wave:

Count us in for this one as DH, DD age 9, and myself are ready for our 3rd Disney cruise!

I think I'd been reading the wrong threads as it seemed there was a roll call for EVERY cruise but this one. Glad I looked closer to see this Disney Cruise Meets!

So it looks as if there are two other 9-year old girls so far, on this cruise. We'll be traveling w/neighbor friends of ours who also have a 9-year old girl, and 11 year-old son.

DH and I will also be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary. This will be the best anniversary yet!

Will post later!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Hi Mickeyhugger,

Welcome to the thread! DW and I were beginning to wonder if there were any other dis'ers on this sailing.

Mickeyhugger.......I am also glad to see someone else with us.
We have DD 9 and DS 12. We are going with friends we met on our first cruise who have kids the same age as ours.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Thank you nydiscruisers and XLT800, for the welcome!:D

We're looking so forward to May (29th that is!):bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

XLT800, that's great that your cruising w/another DCL family you met on the cruise! I'm hoping that I can talk my neighbors into booking the same week again. Our family has always traveled alone, (not by choice, just hard to get people who can get the same vacation time) and this will be the first time traveling w/friends.

Do any of you sail this same week each year?

We did spring break week in 2002 and 2003, but 2004 was going to be the same itin as last year, so we booked this week.

(No, I'm not really a nonstop talker. Just on these boards:hyper: )

Mickeyhugger,
We're looking forward to May 28th since we are leaving on Friday!

We did this same week last year...a western itinerary. We had a group of 14 family last year, but this year, we are going solo.

Memorial Day weekend is good for us because we are pulling our DD's out of school. Having Monday vacation and the possibility of additional days (unused snow days...not looking so good right now!) means they don't miss as much school. Also, since we did the western last year, having a change of itinerary this year worked well, too.

We did the last week in May 2002. Even though we had to take the kids out of school we booked 10/03 because it was so much cheaper. The kids each had to do a special project to make up for the missed homework. This year we wanted to do 2 cruises so we went back to May because school is out on that Thursday and Teachers have a half day on Friday. DW is a teacher and only gets 5 personal days so we are going in October as well.

:wave2:

Hi!

This is XLT's DW. Welcome to the new cruisers. I was happy to see there will be some kids, Steven and Kelly's age. It's warm and breezy here today. Makes me think of May.....and that makes me think of THE CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce:

Have a great weekend!
Fran

Sorry its taken me so long to check in. The reservation was made for a year...but with 42degree weather outside, I've got the itch for a CRUISE! We've got quite a crew coming on this one. DH (41) and me (34) as well as my stepson (is that DSS) 14 and DS 8. Also have my parents and uncle and aunt (all in their 60s) plus my younger brother who is sullenly sailing Disney at the age of 29 and bitterly single--not a good way to find him a date is it? :crazy:

We've done a 4 day Wonder (well DH and DS have) we ended up dragging half the extended family along for this one. As far as travel to the port, (the last day of school is the 28th, but its field day,) so we're gonna cut the 8 year old a break and head out early for the drive down I-95!.
:Pinkbounc

Welcome to the 5/29 thread, Mickeylover!

42 degrees is balmy compared to what it's been like up here in NY. It's been frigid for most of the winter! This is our 2nd cruise, too! We did a 7-day Western last Memorial Day week. We had so much fun, we had to do it again!

It was 65 and sunny here in Alabama. Can't wait for the cruise to get here. Are any of you past cruisers planning any shore excursions? I have cruised twice on Carnival, but always a western cruise to Cozumel. I have no idea what to expect on the eastern cruise.:wave:

:sunny:
Ok, we won't make you guys feel bad about it being 77 here today.

We took the easter in October. We LOVED the catamaran ride/snorkle trip in St. Maarten. In St. John, the snorkling was better, but the boat ride over wasn't that great.

We also know some friends, also sailing with us, who did the dolphin excursion, but it is a little price-y for us this time around.
Fran

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter