May 28, 2011 - 11 Night Mediterranean Sailing from Barcelona

I am going to start some packing today. We do not leave until Thursday but I want to make sure I pack everything I need and do not forget anything. Cant wait for this trip, its sooooo close now :cool1:

Do you get a new Disney lanyard on each trip apart from your first or do you hve to reuse the one you got on your 2nd trip

Thanks

David & Jane

And if we don't qualify for a lanyard, what do you suggest? :) DCL rookie here!

Last year my son ,who was on his 1st Disney cruise kept his in his pocket. I think you can buy lanyards at Walmart. Someone said they found them at Dicks Sport Shop. I know Guest Services on the ship will punch a hole in the KTTW cards for anyone if they want to wear it around their necks on a cord.
They may sell them on the ship.

Maybe someone else knows where to buy lanyards,

I'm pretty sure they sell them on the ship.

Definitely - there are lanyards in the store as part of the "Disney Pin Trading" displays, and you may also be able to purchase or wrangle some from guest services. OR, for the truly frugal, swing by the DVC salespeople and ask for one. (They have them as promotional items.)

Our local "dollar stores" have a wide selection (though not as nice as Disney's), and I've previously bought lanyards as camera straps at a camera shop. So, if you are the type who can't rest unless you've covered contingencies, grab one before you go. As was posted earlier, you can get your card punched to go an a clip.

Now, I was going to keep this as my own secret plan, but... With the Spanish Grand Prix running this weekend, there will be souvenirs left over - we miss TWO F1 races this cruise, but get first shot at the spoils! You should be able to snag a F1 lanyard / ticket holder, at a reasonable price (5-6 Euro), right in Barcelona before we embark. (BTW - the race runs Sunday 8 AM EST, and while it's just a race track, there is the odd view of the countryside around Barcelona!)

Segue... If you're on an excursion to Monaco while we're in Villefranche, don't forget to PVR/Tivo the Monaco Grand Prix (May 29) before you leave home! Once you've seen the course in person, the race is really fun to watch!

See you VERY SOON!
Mog's Mom's DH:woohoo:

I hope it's not too late, but can we still reserve 4 iron-ons for the cruise shirts? Also, we want to do the name-tags. Who is doing those? Are they something we print out before we go?

Sorry for the last-minute questions, and I'm sure both of these questions have been answered but we're up to 63+ pages, so... We want to be able to meet as many of the other cruisers as we can so love the idea of the name tags. Looking forward to this great trip. This is only our second Disney Cruise, the first being a 4 day out of Florida. So excited!

Thanks!

Vikki
Ken
Tyler
Austin

In all our cruises with Disney we have never dressed up for Pirate Night. Just curious if anyone else wil be dressing up?

We (daughter and I)dressed up last year. This year my husband is going to dress up also.

Anyone? :) I'm trying to finish packing everything and want to make sure I don't overlook any details ;)

Some people put their information on it and some don't, it's your choice.

We are leaving from California at 6am tomorrow and I just saw something about name tags. Could someone please message me how to locate ours and when I get to New York I will print them out at the hotel....then after a few days off to Barcelona !!!! Yippee !!! We can't wait to meet everyone !

Travel Safe everyone...see you in ONE WEEK !!!! :cheer2::cheer2:
probably to late to answer you, but I've printed them already and will give them out in the promenade lounge

And if we don't qualify for a lanyard, what do you suggest? :) DCL rookie here!

They sell them in the gift shop

I hope it's not too late, but can we still reserve 4 iron-ons for the cruise shirts? Also, we want to do the name-tags. Who is doing those? Are they something we print out before we go?

Sorry for the last-minute questions, and I'm sure both of these questions have been answered but we're up to 63+ pages, so... We want to be able to meet as many of the other cruisers as we can so love the idea of the name tags. Looking forward to this great trip. This is only our second Disney Cruise, the first being a 4 day out of Florida. So excited!

Thanks!

Vikki
Ken
Tyler
Austin

I'll let htmlkid know you would like 4 iron ons. I've already printed all the name tags for everyone.

Thanks!

Vikki
Ken
Tyler
Austin

I think I have ust enough for you!!!!! :cool1:

Thank you for the offer! We'd love 2 or 3 if you happen to have them floating around... :yay:

I Have 2 new DVC ones and probably get more from them. When we get on board I will get more for your family.:banana:

UPDATE; Just found one more so I have 3 for your family. Your good to go. Meet you guys on the Promenade deck during the DISMEET. I will be with my 2 boys (12 and14 )and be carrying them in my hand, so you know thats us.

Is anyone else getting a teensy bit concerned about the latest volcanic erruption in Iceland?
So far it's only Icelandic airspace that has been closed and the general prediction is that international air traffic won't be affected like with the 2010 erruption, mainly because it's heavier ash that apparently falls to earth quicker but... things can change, even the experts can't be sure about these things, and I'll be keeping an anxious eye on this story over the next few days.
We're flying in from Amsterdam on Saturday morning so we have no room for major delays (flying in earlier just wasn't an option). :scared:

Is anyone else getting a teensy bit concerned about the latest volcanic erruption in Iceland?
So far it's only Icelandic airspace that has been closed and the general prediction is that international air traffic won't be affected like with the 2010 erruption, mainly because it's heavier ash that apparently falls to earth quicker but... things can change, even the experts can't be sure about these things, and I'll be keeping an anxious eye on this story over the next few days.
We're flying in from Amsterdam on Saturday morning so we have no room for major delays (flying in earlier just wasn't an option). :scared:

I'm a little concerned, but trying not to think about it.

I Have 2 new DVC ones and probably get more from them. When we get on board I will get more for your family.:banana:

UPDATE; Just found one more so I have 3 for your family. Your good to go. Meet you guys on the Promenade deck during the DISMEET. I will be with my 2 boys (12 and14 )and be carrying them in my hand, so you know thats us.

Thanks soooooo much!!!

I am watching the news for updates. I actually made sure we had trip insurance because of the volcanic ash mucking up travel last year, but it doesn't mean I want to USE it! :scared1::eek::headache:

Mary

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter