May 24, 2014 Alaskan 9 night Wonder

So if you are taking an independent excursion where you are riding the train first, you would probably be on the 7:30 AM train? Is there another morning train? How many trains to they run?
Thanks!

Not sure just what you are asking me, but we are on the White Pass Yukon 7.5 hour tour that leaves at 7:30 AM. We take the train up first and eventually a bus back. There is also a steam train excursion, but I understand it doesn't run very often.

I think that Disney shares the train with excursions that are booked directly with White Pass. There are train cars that have just Disney excursion people in it and other cars with people that book directly with White Pass.

Did I answer your question? Hope I didn't make it more confusing...:confused3

Here is a link to where our tour goes, if that is what you were asking:

http://www.chilkootcharters.com/yukonrail.htm

Not sure just what you are asking me, but we are on the White Pass Yukon 7.5 hour tour that leaves at 7:30 AM. We take the train up first and eventually a bus back. There is also a steam train excursion, but I understand it doesn't run very often.

I think that Disney shares the train with excursions that are booked directly with White Pass. There are train cars that have just Disney excursion people in it and other cars with people that book directly with White Pass.

Did I answer your question? Hope I didn't make it more confusing...:confused3

Here is a link to where our tour goes, if that is what you were asking:

http://www.chilkootcharters.com/yukonrail.htm

Yes, that's what I thought. We'll have to check with our provider. I think she gave us the train time and not the meet time.

No, we booked with somebody else. They offer pretty much the same tour.

ETA: We're good!

:welcome: everyone!

Morning

Just checking in - had cataract surgery last Monday morning - surgery went great and my implant is working - but everything is still fuzzie wuzzie
So glad things went great!

Hello All! :wave2:

I was curious if anyone knew whether or not the Disney Cruise App will be working on the Wonder when we set sail. (I asked this on the B2B San Diego forum also.) I've read that it is working on the other three ships, but I can't find any info about the Wonder. It would be nice to see the Navigator info on our phones instead of carrying around the paper versions. It has some really neat features. It gives all of the menu info, so you are able to decide what you want to eat that night. It also shows all of the Navigators for the entire cruise - no more waiting to plan your days. You can select favorites on the schedules for things you don't want to miss - no need for highlighters.
I'm hoping for the same thing, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Now to wait for the 23 to book excursions and Palo, all us Silver people are gonna book everything up and crash the system :rotfl:
That is SO true! :lmao: I can't seem to figure out when to do Palo, maybe it won't matter I'll just take whatever is available. :)

This is what we have booked through DCL -

Tues 27 May Sitka Jet-Cat Wildlife Quest & Beach Exploration. 8.00 a.m.
Wonder Palo Dinner 7.00 p.m

Thurs 29 May Skagway White Pass Scenic Railway 8.00 a.m.

Fri 30 May Juneau Alaska's Whales & Glaciers Photo Safari 8.15 a.m.

Sat 31 May Ketchikan Saxman Native Village & Exclusive Lumberjack Show 11.30 a.m.

Sun 1 June Wonder Palo Brunch 11.00 a.m.

Most strange, a credit of $23.88 from DCL has suddenly appeared on my credit card today! Whether its for Alaska or San Diego/Vancouver who knows?

I got a new e-mail confirmation from DCL, that showed a similar credit, and I believe at first glance it was for San Diego. Must be a reduction in port fees.

It's for Alaska. It will almost cover a Palo meal! :thumbsup2

Hello All! :wave2: Looking forward to cruising with everyone!

Hi!! Welcome.

More information from my TA from DCL about the Ballantyne pier. First she talked to them asking if they would be providing transport for people who did not park at Canada Place since the wording in the DCL email makes it sound like the complimentary transport if for people who have parking reservations. They told her that no you have to park to get the shuttle. The she emailed me a little while late with this: OK, scratch what I just sent you. Luiz from DCL just called me back and you WILL get transfers from Canada Place to Ballantyne! He also gave me a phone number for Embarkation Services in case you have any questions. 800-395-9374 (option 1) Hours are Mon-Fri 7am-10pm Eastern Sat/Sun 7am - 8pm Eastern He said they will have a representative at Canada Place to direct you as to where to go for the transfer over to Ballantyne. I wrote back and asked if we needed reservations and if there was a fee. Confirmed with her No fee and no reservations needed! :cool1: So I guess our stay at the Pan is set and transport will be easy!:cloud9: Getting jealous of all of you who have booked your excursions! Have to wait until 2/23 here being a lowly silver member!;)

Awesome! Now let's all call Luiz ;)

Hello, We booked this cruise last week while on the Magic Superbowl Cruise to Castaway Cay.

Hi there!

I think that must be the case because I saw a White Pass Train excursion with a 7:10AM time, and the earliest train doesn't leave until 7:30.

Well if it helps. Someone told me one of the excursions I wanted to know a time on started at some random time like 11:01 well the ship isn't even supposed to dock until 11:15 what are we supposed to do, use life boats ;)

Not sure just what you are asking me, but we are on the White Pass Yukon 7.5 hour tour that leaves at 7:30 AM. We take the train up first and eventually a bus back. There is also a steam train excursion, but I understand it doesn't run very often. I think that Disney shares the train with excursions that are booked directly with White Pass. There are train cars that have just Disney excursion people in it and other cars with people that book directly with White Pass. Did I answer your question? Hope I didn't make it more confusing...:confused3 Here is a link to where our tour goes, if that is what you were asking: http://www.chilkootcharters.com/yukonrail.htm

I booked the afternoon ride with Chilkoot. It's the 3.5 hr summit with bus trip (would love to go to the Yukon so I could say I've been there but we will do something else that morning). We are doing the bus up and train down. My son said "I hope the train goes really fast down the hill (as he makes turns with his hands like a roller coaster and whooshes sounds)." Um no kid. I think it will be a controlled descent....at least I pray that it will be ahaha.

This is what we have booked through DCL - Tues 27 May Sitka Jet-Cat Wildlife Quest & Beach Exploration. 8.00 a.m. Wonder Palo Dinner 7.00 p.m Thurs 29 May Skagway White Pass Scenic Railway 8.00 a.m. Fri 30 May Juneau Alaska's Whales & Glaciers Photo Safari 8.15 a.m. Sat 31 May Ketchikan Saxman Native Village & Exclusive Lumberjack Show 11.30 a.m. Sun 1 June Wonder Palo Brunch 11.00 a.m.

Not sure what we will get but we want to do the photo safari too. I understand there are a few times so we shall see.

It is now officially 100 days until our cruise!!!:cheer2:pixiedust::cool1:

Woot woot!!

It's for Alaska. It will almost cover a Palo meal! :thumbsup2

Wait, what?? Money? I bet ballyntine pier is cheaper than Canada Place ;) ahahahaha.

So the gty prices are out apparently. It was mentioned on fb today. Got in touch with our TA and I got upgraded from 11c to a verandah. Only problem now is I don't have a room number. I've never done gty. How far out do they assign you a room and will it possibly change (even up to checking in at port)? I'm just curious how we will relay that info to others in the FE group if changes are made at port? Thanks

Boy am I mentally turned around. I was thinking the port was before us, instead of after, so it would dock where we couldn't see rather than sail by then dock somewhere after us. Need to drag out that map again. ;)

Back to bummer then. :( Oh well.

Awww man. So we won't get the draw a character thing :( booo hisss

While seeing my drawing dancing in a parade on the screen was fun and cute. But I'm a nostalgic person. I much prefer Sorcerer Mickey coming out into the dining room. Each time I saw it on the Magic I clapped and cheered like a little kid. I'm so glad I get to do it again on the Wonder.

But back to you. If you get a chance to go on the Fantasy, the AP dinner show is so worth it. Take video so you can see it again and again. And you get your drawing back towards the end of dinner with a seal on it.

Oh, I caught this on page 17 or 18 of my

prearrival guide on the DCL page.

"Important Information
• You will be too far south to see the aurora borealis—or northern

lights—during your cruise, but you can
still anticipate beautiful scenery as you travel through Alaska.
• The Pixar Party takes place in the ship's atrium.
• There are no fireworks on Alaska sailings.
• The average summer temperatures in Alaska typically range from a

high of 62 F° to an average low of 45 F°,
so be sure to pack accordingly."

So definitely looks like they are doing Pixar Party again this year.

pirate:

Not trying to take away from the fun of the Pixar party. Just throwing it out there that if there are still any Pirate Night fans left in this group, I'm still up for a Hi-"Jack"ing. My daughter and I were going to go full pirate, but she's leery comments from other passengers. But we are still planning to be rebels and dress Pirate-ish. If we are the only ones on the ship, so be it. But if anyone is up for it, I'm in! I refuse to give up my pirate fun because of no fireworks and an atrium show.

I intend to participate and enjoy the Pixar Party to the fullest. I'll just be in one-of-these-kids-is-not-like-the-other clothing while dancing with Woody, Buzz and Sully. pirate:

For that price I would grab taxis or walk ;)

We have flights so we will be in Canada in time for the cruise and
back in Japan in time for a wedding :) Now just to find a hotel to
crash in before our fun on the cruise and transportation to the
cruise.

My default is taxi:upsidedow But thinking the skytrain can't be too
hard from the airport to the hotel. Might even be real nice to stand
and strech legs.

Taxi travel was always in my plan too. I wonder if the cabbies will be quite busy on May 24th with the embarkation starting at Ballantyne pier.

Hello All! :wave2:

My hubby and I will be joining you on this cruise. We are also doing the 5-night San Diego to Vancouver cruise. This will be our first B2B cruise experience, first visit to San Francisco/Alaska and first time on the Wonder. We can't wait! We've been on two previous Disney cruises together, on the Magic (Eastern Caribbean) and the Fantasy (Western Caribbean).

I'm Sherri (38), and my DH is Chad (40). I signed up on the roll call form and on the FB page. We will be joining the FE exchange, so I will fill out that form also. We will be flying instead of driving this time and we are trying to keep our (my) luggage count to a minimum. Its encouraging to hear that the FE group sizes will be split. That will make it much more manageable. On our Fantasy cruise we had 48 cabins and I went a bit overboard - giving to each person, multiple days. It was exhausting delivering all those gifts. That's one BIG ship!

Welcome to the group and Welcome to the FE! :grouphug:

I said the same thing about the Fantasy. Doing FE deliveries on that ship became an extra workout in training for the 5k. :laughing:

I was curious if anyone knew whether or not the Disney Cruise App will be working on the Wonder when we set sail. (I asked this on the B2B San Diego forum also.) I've read that it is working on the other three ships, but I can't find any info about the Wonder. It would be nice to see the Navigator info on our phones instead of carrying around the paper versions. It has some really neat features. It gives all of the menu info, so you are able to decide what you want to eat that night. It also shows all of the Navigators for the entire cruise - no more waiting to plan your days. You can select favorites on the schedules for things you don't want to miss - no need for highlighters.

I was hoping for this too. I wish I had an answer for you. I downloaded the app to my phone and iPad. Even though it says "Future Releases Coming for Disney Magic and Disney Wonder", I'm hoping it will be at least in the beta stages by the time we board.

It is now officially 100 days until our cruise!!!:cheer2:pixiedust::cool1:

Whoo hoo! 98 1/2 by the time I saw this, but still Whoo Hoo! :woohoo:

Do you all remember when last February seemed like an eternity before we got to the sailing? Now we're just a few months away! :yay:

And I'm SO far behind in my trip planning it's sad. At least the FE and my suitcase will be ready. I've already started packing and I will be working on the FE gifts when I get the list out.

So the gty prices are out apparently. It was mentioned on fb today. Got in touch with our TA and I got upgraded from 11c to a verandah. Only problem now is I don't have a room number. I've never done gty. How far out do they assign you a room and will it possibly change (even up to checking in at port)? I'm just curious how we will relay that info to others in the FE group if changes are made at port? Thanks

I will put you on the FE list as GTY for now and if you know your room number before we sail let me know so I can update the list in time to resend. If not I'm sure telling your group when you get there won't be such a huge deal.

I imagine it will have to be the same solution for anyone lucky enough to get an upgrade at port. Hopefully the ribbon theme I have planned will help to find anyone who has moved.

Working on the FE count now. It will be done shortly.

Update: The FE count on page 1 is now updated.Click here for a shortcut

Some of you have already received emails from me. Those who haven't yet...over the next 9 days I will email each of you who signed up to be sure I have your information correct. I can only get to so many a night so it will take a while. :surfweb: If you have any questions before I email you feel free to send me a message.

I'm going to be a bit mushy now...

I just realized after updating on page 1 that tonight is exactly one year to the day pequele started this thread with "So I guess I'll start..." (Those words are gone now, but I remember. :)) True it was Feb 14 not the 13th, but last year the 14th was on a Thursday is why I say one year to the day.

So HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THIS GROUP and thank you, Steph, for being the first one to start us off! :thumbsup2

My DH and I are in the process of booking onto this cruise. DH just got his vacation time for 2014 and this cruise fit in perfectly and we've been wanting to sail to Alaska, so... Off we go!

It will be just DH (Wes) and I. This will be our 3rd disney cruise and we're pretty excited. I'll have to check out the threads with excursion reviews as we can book in 9 days!

My DH and I are in the process of booking onto this cruise. DH just got his vacation time for 2014 and this cruise fit in perfectly and we've been wanting to sail to Alaska, so... Off we go!

It will be just DH (Wes) and I. This will be our 3rd disney cruise and we're pretty excited. I'll have to check out the threads with excursion reviews as we can book in 9 days!

:welcome:

I just realized after updating on page 1 that tonight is exactly one year to the day pequele started this thread with "So I guess I'll start..." (Those words are gone now, but I remember. :)) True it was Feb 14 not the 13th, but last year the 14th was on a Thursday is why I say one year to the day.

So HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THIS GROUP and thank you, Steph, for being the first one to start us off! :thumbsup2

I was thinking the same thing myself last night. It has been a year since we started this adventure. Just a little over 3 months of waiting to go! :hyper:

I have now gotten a refund for both the California Coast and Alaska cruises. I am betting the port fees in Vancouver went down.

Well, I haven't seen anything yet myself, but our neighbors got their refund. :scratchin

My name is Kristen and my DH is Edward. We will be booking this cruise tonight! We are so excited to travel with all of you! We were planning to go to Alaska next year and decided yesterday to wing it and go this year! Can't believe it!!!! I am usually a year in advance planner, but this is going to be so much FUN!!!! :lovestruc Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

My name is Kristen and my DH is Edward. We will be booking this cruise tonight! We are so excited to travel with all of you! We were planning to go to Alaska next year and decided yesterday to wing it and go this year! Can't believe it!!!! I am usually a year in advance planner, but this is going to be so much FUN!!!! :lovestruc Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Wait, what?? Money? I bet ballyntine pier is cheaper than Canada Place ;) ahahahaha.
That's what I was thinking - but haven't seen anything yet.

:thumbsup2 That's Awesome! If you don't mind me asking, how does this work? I thought the special fares were only for new bookings and since it is past PIF? :confused3

Something I've seen on other FE's is a note/white board on the volunteer's door (organizer or someone that knows they won't be changing staterooms) where people that change rooms can update/post on.

I much prefer Sorcerer Mickey coming out into the dining room. Each time I saw it on the Magic I clapped and cheered like a little kid.
Me too! Love that part!

Not trying to take away from the fun of the Pixar party. Just throwing it out there that if there are still any Pirate Night fans left in this group, I'm still up for a Hi-"Jack"ing. My daughter and I were going to go full pirate, but she's leery comments from other passengers. But we are still planning to be rebels and dress Pirate-ish. If we are the only ones on the ship, so be it. But if anyone is up for it, I'm in! I refuse to give up my pirate fun because of no fireworks and an atrium show.

I intend to participate and enjoy the Pixar Party to the fullest. I'll just be in one-of-these-kids-is-not-like-the-other clothing while dancing with Woody, Buzz and Sully. pirate:
pirate: AAARRRRR me matey, we be joining you a Hi-"Jack"ing thee party!

In truth, I tried to talk the kids out of it because I wanted to save the packing room, but no luck, they are committed! So you will NOT be alone! Captain Jack, Little Wench, and well... okay, my costume is not much - mostly t-shirt of a cursed pirate. :lmao: The only question is should we do it the same day as the Pixar Party. I think that is easiest, but someone said they thought it might be Semi-Formal night, so they weren't sure they wanted to dress up.

I've already started packing and I will be working on the FE gifts when I get the list out.
:scared1: Already! Wow, I haven't even pulled the luggage out of the basement yet! Now that's a super planner. :worship:

Yay! Hi and Welcome! :wave2:

I was thinking the same thing myself last night. It has been a year since we started this adventure. Just a little over 3 months of waiting to go! :hyper:

Whoo hoo! :banana:

Yay again! And Hi and Welcome again! :wave2:

Something I've seen on other FE's is a note/white board on the volunteer's door (organizer or someone that knows they won't be changing staterooms) where people that change rooms can update/post on.

I did think of that but with magnet thieves and dry erase vandals on every ship, I thought not. But if I find one at the dollar or 99 cent store I won't be so upset if it's stolen. I'll start looking for a board. I also thought of txtg wave phones, but with t9 txtg - NO WAY! I'll never get to any activities. :laughing: Worst case is I'll hang an update sign from my fish.

I much prefer Sorcerer Mickey coming out into the dining room. Each time I saw it on the Magic I clapped and cheered like a little kid.

Me too! Love that part!

I got misty eyed on the Magic last summer because I was told he wouldn't be coming out anymore after the renovation. But now hearing that there were technical difficulties I wonder if they brought Mickey back during those times. Does anyone know?

pirate: AAARRRRR me matey, we be joining you a Hi-"Jack"ing thee party!

In truth, I tried to talk the kids out of it because I wanted to save the packing room, but no luck, they are committed! So you will NOT be alone! Captain Jack, Little Wench, and well... okay, my costume is not much - mostly t-shirt of a cursed pirate. :lmao: The only question is should we do it the same day as the Pixar Party. I think that is easiest, but someone said they thought it might be Semi-Formal night, so they weren't sure they wanted to dress up.

'Tis be full 'o awe news! pirate: I hoped you would still be on board for it, but I didn't want to assume. Maybe now my daughter will want to go full pirate if she knows your kids will be dressing up too.

Good point about the night. Let's wait a bit to see what the theme schedule is and we can plan for sure. I agree the Pixar party night is easiest, but I don't want to compete with semi formal night.

:scared1: Already! Wow, I haven't even pulled the luggage out of the basement yet! Now that's a super planner. :worship:

Only because I've traveled so much for work and have lived many years out of a suitcase, I keep things put aside at all times and my suitcases go out to pasture before they see the inside of a closet. There were a few times when I prep because I thought packing would be easy and those were the times I was still trying to stuff things into the suitcase the day of and narrowly making the flight. Those were not fun experiences. :sad2:

So for years, I've had a system that seems incredibly strange to some people, but works really well for me. It's extremely helpful on the occasions when I take a job out of town and only have 48 hours to pack for my next job or vacation and leave again.

I'm going to be a bit mushy now...

:sad:Aww you are welcome! I'm just a planner (to some extent) mostly because it's exciting haha. And it is fun to get to know people you will see probably pretty often.

party: hallloooo

I have now gotten a refund for both the California Coast and Alaska cruises. I am betting the port fees in Vancouver went down.

I am trying to figure out where the heck my refund is...I thought I put everything through my Visa Debit card but I don't see any refund there. I checked some other cards, too, in case I don't remember using a different one at one time, but again I don't think so. :confused3 SHOW ME THE MONEY :rotfl2:

:cheer2: howdy

:thumbsup2 That's Awesome! If you don't mind me asking, how does this work? I thought the special fares were only for new bookings and since it is past PIF? :confused3

Honestly I have no idea. It was my impression, too. I asked her (my TA) to let me know what the price difference would be for the outside rooms and verandahs vs my 11C, how it would affect my OBC and what are the penalties...that is what she gave me was info on upgrade. I took it and ran. I was reading on one of these threads about the IGT, OGT and VGT that people had good luck getting upgrades at port (at the same prices as the discounts, I don't know for sure) :confused3 I'm just taking it as a LOT of pixie dust.

I did update the 1st thread tonight. Everyone should be there to this point. Please let me know if you aren't, and also please let me know if you want me to update any info like names or room number changes, etc.

99 days to go!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter