May 24, 2014 Alaskan 9 night Wonder

Morning

Just checking in - had cataract surgery last Monday morning - surgery went great and my implant is working - but everything is still fuzzie wuzzie

Kara and I are booked for

Sitka - Sea Otter and Wildwife 7:30 a.m.

Juneau - Alaska Whales and Science 8:00 a.m.

Ketchikan Exclusive Great Alaska Lumberjack show 11:30 a.m.

Got more snow this weekend - and our car died - poor thing had to be towed

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

:)

Morning

Just checking in - had cataract surgery last Monday morning - surgery went great and my implant is working - but everything is still fuzzie wuzzie

Kara and I are booked for

Sitka - Sea Otter and Wildwife 7:30 a.m.

Juneau - Alaska Whales and Science 8:00 a.m.

Ketchikan Exclusive Great Alaska Lumberjack show 11:30 a.m.

Got more snow this weekend - and our car died - poor thing had to be towed

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

:)

We are expecting some snow in the next couple of days in North Carolina, where are you located, Marla? Sorry about the car--hope it is nothing serious/expensive. Came back to say, I hope the eyes are crystal clear soon, too.

Hello All! :wave2:

My hubby and I will be joining you on this cruise. We are also doing the 5-night San Diego to Vancouver cruise. This will be our first B2B cruise experience, first visit to San Francisco/Alaska and first time on the Wonder. We can't wait! We've been on two previous Disney cruises together, on the Magic (Eastern Caribbean) and the Fantasy (Western Caribbean).

I'm Sherri (38), and my DH is Chad (40). I signed up on the roll call form and on the FB page. We will be joining the FE exchange, so I will fill out that form also. We will be flying instead of driving this time and we are trying to keep our (my) luggage count to a minimum. Its encouraging to hear that the FE group sizes will be split. That will make it much more manageable. On our Fantasy cruise we had 48 cabins and I went a bit overboard - giving to each person, multiple days. It was exhausting delivering all those gifts. That's one BIG ship!

I was curious if anyone knew whether or not the Disney Cruise App will be working on the Wonder when we set sail. (I asked this on the B2B San Diego forum also.) I've read that it is working on the other three ships, but I can't find any info about the Wonder. It would be nice to see the Navigator info on our phones instead of carrying around the paper versions. It has some really neat features. It gives all of the menu info, so you are able to decide what you want to eat that night. It also shows all of the Navigators for the entire cruise - no more waiting to plan your days. You can select favorites on the schedules for things you don't want to miss - no need for highlighters.

Looking forward to cruising with everyone!

Us8_small150x132.jpg

Skagway: Yukon Expedition

We loved that tour! So much so - we're doing it again this time, too! :thumbsup2

Do you recall what AP is like on the wonder? Show wise I mean? I'm just curious at this point.

I think this has been answered - but it's the 'original' AP show. The restaurant will start black and white; colors and scenes will fade in/out of the picture frames and finally a fun 5-10 minute 'stroll through Disney animation history' will be shown and a special guest will join us as the restaurant changes to full color. Honestly, I like it much better than the Crush show on the newer ships. Mostly because it's different, I can see Crush at Epcot, too (boy his flippers must get tired!)

Don't laugh but how far out is it that we get our cruise documents?

Generally they start arriving about 45 days before the cruise. If you're booked through a TA, it may be a bit longer. Some TA's have the documents come to them then forward them out. Others have everything go directly to their client.

We have booked:

Sunday - At Sea - Palo Brunch at 11:00

Tuesday - Sitka - 7:45 AM - private tour with Captain Davey Lubin (booked independent of Disney

Wednesday - Tracy Arm - 6:30 Palo Dinner

Thursday - Skagway - 7:30 AM White Pass Train - 7.5 hour tour (booked independent of DCL)

Friday - Juneau - 10:15 Alaska Heli-mush (booked independent of Disney)

Saturday - - Ketchikan - 11:30 Misty Fjords & Float Plane - booked with Disney

Here's hoping for weather as good as they had this past summer. :goodvibes

We are in southern Ohio and I am tired of snow - we are up to about 45 inches so far this year

More information from my TA from DCL about the Ballantyne pier. First she talked to them asking if they would be providing transport for people who did not park at Canada Place since the wording in the DCL email makes it sound like the complimentary transport if for people who have parking reservations. They told her that no you have to park to get the shuttle. The she emailed me a little while late with this:

OK, scratch what I just sent you. Luiz from DCL just called me back and you WILL get transfers from Canada Place to Ballantyne!
He also gave me a phone number for Embarkation Services in case you have any questions.

800-395-9374 (option 1)
Hours are Mon-Fri 7am-10pm Eastern
Sat/Sun 7am - 8pm Eastern

He said they will have a representative at Canada Place to direct you as to where to go for the transfer over to Ballantyne.

I wrote back and asked if we needed reservations and if there was a fee. Confirmed with her No fee and no reservations needed! :cool1:

So I guess our stay at the Pan is set and transport will be easy!:cloud9:

Getting jealous of all of you who have booked your excursions! Have to wait until 2/23 here being a lowly silver member!;)

I'm with you on the Silver member, and I feel your pain. ;) We have booked pretty much all of our excursions independently, but I am still nervous about Palo.

Thank you so much for including the information about the transfers. I can sleep better now. I was hoping DCL would come through for us.

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Hotel booked

Now to wait for the 23 to book excursions and Palo, all us Silver people are gonna book everything up and crash the system :rotfl:

Hello,

We booked this cruise last week while on the Magic Superbowl Cruise to Castaway Cay.

There will be three of us in two staterooms (me, Shannon 45, husband, Tristan, 40, and friend, Heather, 44) and we would like to join the FE activities.

I will try to get time to look through this entire thread to figure out what you want as far as info for that.

This is my husband and my 5th Disney cruise - next one we'll be Gold, YAH! - and Heather's first.

We look forward to seeing Alaska with Disney and you all!

Welcome to Shannon and crew. Just an FYI, the link to get your info added for the FE is in Post No. 1.

Glad you will be on this sailing with us. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Hello All! :wave2:

My hubby and I will be joining you on this cruise. We are also doing the 5-night San Diego to Vancouver cruise. This will be our first B2B cruise experience, first visit to San Francisco/Alaska and first time on the Wonder. We can't wait! We've been on two previous Disney cruises together, on the Magic (Eastern Caribbean) and the Fantasy (Western Caribbean).

I'm Sherri (38), and my DH is Chad (40). I signed up on the roll call form and on the FB page. We will be joining the FE exchange, so I will fill out that form also. We will be flying instead of driving this time and we are trying to keep our (my) luggage count to a minimum. Its encouraging to hear that the FE group sizes will be split. That will make it much more manageable. On our Fantasy cruise we had 48 cabins and I went a bit overboard - giving to each person, multiple days. It was exhausting delivering all those gifts. That's one BIG ship!

I was curious if anyone knew whether or not the Disney Cruise App will be working on the Wonder when we set sail. (I asked this on the B2B San Diego forum also.) I've read that it is working on the other three ships, but I can't find any info about the Wonder. It would be nice to see the Navigator info on our phones instead of carrying around the paper versions. It has some really neat features. It gives all of the menu info, so you are able to decide what you want to eat that night. It also shows all of the Navigators for the entire cruise - no more waiting to plan your days. You can select favorites on the schedules for things you don't want to miss - no need for highlighters.

Looking forward to cruising with everyone!

Us8_small150x132.jpg

Hello,

We booked this cruise last week while on the Magic Superbowl Cruise to Castaway Cay.

There will be three of us in two staterooms (me, Shannon 45, husband, Tristan, 40, and friend, Heather, 44) and we would like to join the FE activities.

I will try to get time to look through this entire thread to figure out what you want as far as info for that.

This is my husband and my 5th Disney cruise - next one we'll be Gold, YAH! - and Heather's first.

We look forward to seeing Alaska with Disney and you all!

:welcome:

Hoping somebody can refresh my memory. The times listed on the excursions that you sign up through DCL are actually the meet times on the ship before they take you to your excursion, correct?

Most strange, a credit of $23.88 from DCL has suddenly appeared on my credit card today! Whether its for Alaska or San Diego/Vancouver who knows?

I got a new e-mail confirmation from DCL, that showed a similar credit, and I believe at first glance it was for San Diego. Must be a reduction in port fees.

Hoping somebody can refresh my memory. The times listed on the excursions that you sign up through DCL are actually the meet times on the ship before they take you to your excursion, correct?

I think that must be the case because I saw a White Pass Train excursion with a 7:10AM time, and the earliest train doesn't leave until 7:30.

I think that must be the case because I saw a White Pass Train excursion with a 7:10AM time, and the earliest train doesn't leave until 7:30.

So if you are taking an independent excursion where you are riding the train first, you would probably be on the 7:30 AM train? Is there another morning train? How many trains to they run?

That's the meet time on the ship.:thumbsup2

Gottcha! Thanks!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter