MAY 2020 WISH Challenge - Anything is Possible

How is everyone doing?

quick hi
I am finally getting on with weight loss properly, I lost 13lbs since 10th February. it's slow, I expect things to speed up now as the weather si good and I am in good form. I also joined half size community and I am finding it helpful right now

How are your own personal self improvement and weight loss exercise journeys going? I miss the chatter, I may try to drop in more regularly
And we have missed you! Drop in whenever you can-always good to hear from you!

I managed to drop the weight I had gained over the winter and am focusing on maintaining, keeping active (walk 2 miles 6 out 7 days) and improving some other habits of mine. Less Diet Coke, more water.

Yes, I was better when I was working. Maybe because we are talking a lot which makes you thirsty? I always had a large travel flask on my desk.
I am embarrassed to admit I start my day with a Diet Coke-I don’t drink coffee and not even tea very often. So it’s my morning jolt of caffeine. And then I drink another around 3:00 when I’m dragging a bit. So my goal is to phase out the 3:00 one and replace it with water or weak ice tea.

I'm a big drinker, but every now and then I get off program and have a couple days where I barely drink anything and I can really feel it. I was thinking that now that I'm back at work, I'd like to have a large bottle of water here at my desk and make sure I empty/fill it in the morning and the afternoon.

When I'm at WDW I try to drink at least one glass of water before I leave the room in the morning, but last trip my first day I forgot to do that because I was running late. When I got to AK it was the end of my first FP+ window so I ran right to it, then went right to the next FP+, and it wasn't until my lunch ADR that I really got fluids in me - so not a good idea and I was lucky I didn't get sick. As it was it took drinking continually the rest of the day before I caught up on my hydration.

Yesterday was actually fun, even tho I spent most of the morning trying to resolve access issues... heard later that people who had continued to work had had the same issues when their remote access passwords started to expire. The project I was working on is still on hold, just doing support now not any new development, but I've been assigned to a new thing for my main application and will be working with the same Engineering Manager and Tech Lead, so I'm really excited about it.

This morning I did get out for a morning walk, but I haven't had time to do the morning meditation, so tomorrow I'll need to get up 15 or so minute earlier so I can fit both in... I am drinking my water tho!

I'm a big drinker, but every now and then I get off program and have a couple days where I barely drink anything and I can really feel it. I was thinking that now that I'm back at work, I'd like to have a large bottle of water here at my desk and make sure I empty/fill it in the morning and the afternoon.

When I'm at WDW I try to drink at least one glass of water before I leave the room in the morning, but last trip my first day I forgot to do that because I was running late. When I got to AK it was the end of my first FP+ window so I ran right to it, then went right to the next FP+, and it wasn't until my lunch ADR that I really got fluids in me - so not a good idea and I was lucky I didn't get sick. As it was it took drinking continually the rest of the day before I caught up on my hydration.

Yesterday was actually fun, even tho I spent most of the morning trying to resolve access issues... heard later that people who had continued to work had had the same issues when their remote access passwords started to expire. The project I was working on is still on hold, just doing support now not any new development, but I've been assigned to a new thing for my main application and will be working with the same Engineering Manager and Tech Lead, so I'm really excited about it.

This morning I did get out for a morning walk, but I haven't had time to do the morning meditation, so tomorrow I'll need to get up 15 or so minute earlier so I can fit both in... I am drinking my water tho!
Yes, you’re back to work! Glad it’s been a smooth transition!

I'm a big water drinker, but I have to be because I take a water pill every day. I'm always thirsty. I have a two 24 ounce Corkcicles that I bring to work every day. I drink one before work, two at work, and at least two more in the evening. I haven't been drinking as much working from home, and I have felt more thirsty. The only other thing I drink every day is two mugs of coffee, and sometimes a glass of milk with dinner. I usually only drink alcohol on special occasions...unless it's the beginning of a pandemic. After a couple of weeks of pandemic drinking, I limit myself to once a week, if that.

Yesterday, I walked on the beach, and it was gorgeous. Mask-wearing was about half and half. One couple not wearing masks were walking fast toward me, and I was not fast enough to avoid them unless I wanted to go for a swim in ice-cold water. So, even though I was wearing a mask, I pulled my shirt up over my mouth and nose for extra protection.

Today, I couldn't get out, so I walked back and forth from one end of my house to the other listening to Andra Day sing, "Rise Up" over and over.

What’s motivating you this week?
New to this thread!
Sadly, my sunburn is motivating me. We went to the beach Saturday and I have a tan line on my thighs from my lower belly (I was sitting upright in a chair). It's really disheartening to see it the visible reminder of how much I've gained.
I've been much more mindful of what I've been putting in my mouth this week. Less snacking, more mindful snacking, and less alcohol (although I am enjoying a glass of moscato now). For example, instead of a bag of popcorn or making a Starbucks run in the afternoon, I had cucumbers earlier.
We have a trip coming up in November (please God, let it happen). I want to feel comfortable again and feel cute in my clothes. I want to be able to climb the Aquaduck stairs and not feel like I'm dying, and I don't want to exceed their weight limit!

New to this thread!
Sadly, my sunburn is motivating me. We went to the beach Saturday and I have a tan line on my thighs from my lower belly (I was sitting upright in a chair). It's really disheartening to see it the visible reminder of how much I've gained.
I've been much more mindful of what I've been putting in my mouth this week. Less snacking, more mindful snacking, and less alcohol (although I am enjoying a glass of moscato now). For example, instead of a bag of popcorn or making a Starbucks run in the afternoon, I had cucumbers earlier.
We have a trip coming up in November (please God, let it happen). I want to feel comfortable again and feel cute in my clothes. I want to be able to climb the Aquaduck stairs and not feel like I'm dying, and I don't want to exceed their weight limit!
:welcome:

New to this thread!
Happy to have you join us!

It’s Woohoo Wednesday! What are you celebrating today?

Honestly, that it’s week 9 of our new normal and we are still hanging in there is a major accomplishment in itself!

I did much better choosing water yesterday. Made a big pot of vegetable soup for 0 point lunches so I can have higher point dinners-which I seem to need right now. I also finally sorted out and switched over the last of my spring and summer clothes and ended up with a bag for Goodwill.

start my day with a Diet Coke-I don’t drink coffee and not even tea very often. So it’s my morning jolt of caffeine

That is me! Except I now start with lemonade - I used to start with coke - but I had to really cut back my coke years ago after the caffeine gave me an eye twitch :rotfl:

New to this thread!

Welcome - glad you found us :)

Woohoo Wednesday

I had a really productive work day today - and actually found that my initial discussion with the case managers was much more focused over the phone than in person and we seem to have been able to identify goals and set some clear initial tasks. I am thinking I will try to keep this even when I can get back into schools.

My Wednesday WooHoo is that I got grocery shopping done yesterday, and both TP and paper towels were back in stock!

And it’s a gorgeous morning today. I’m actually out in the back yard with one of my cats, enjoying the sound of all the birds.

I am embarrassed to admit I start my day with a Diet Coke-I don’t drink coffee and not even tea very often. So it’s my morning jolt of caffeine.
This is me too! Everyone used to tell me that I would start drinking coffee once I started working. But that never happened. I stuck with Diet Coke and more recently Coke Zero. But I’ve been better about it since I started working out first think in the morning and having a shake for breakfast. Now I use it as my mid afternoon pick me up and to fill my belly so I’m less tempted to snack before dinner. At least before quarantine, that’s what I was doing. Now my problem is that I don’t seem to have much of a routine with anything...

Woohoo-yesterday high school principals rode the school bus accompanied by a fire truck and a parade of teachers in their cars to deliver caps and gowns to seniors. My neighbor who was 1 when we moved in and I used to babysit him before we had kids, is one of those seniors. We are all so proud of him and he has been a real leader through all of this. He never seems to be down and just problem solved to find ways to get things done in a fun, yet productive way.

Woohoo-I have a meeting today to start planning how we will get back into our building to start packing up the kids stuff and to bring home stuff we may need to start the school year online.

Not much woohooing about my physical health...I need to focus more on that. As I type I’m trying to motivate myself to go for a run...

New to this thread!

Yay! Congrats on the smooth transition back to work!

It’s Woohoo Wednesday! What are you celebrating today?

Honestly, that it’s week 9 of our new normal and we are still hanging in there is a major accomplishment in itself!

I did much better choosing water yesterday. Made a big pot of vegetable soup for 0 point lunches so I can have higher point dinners-which I seem to need right now. I also finally sorted out and switched over the last of my spring and summer clothes and ended up with a bag for Goodwill.

How do you make your 0 point vegetable soup? I'd love to have a good veggie soup recipe. I have one I make, but it's got pasta and other things in it, so it's definitely not 0 points!

This is me too! Everyone used to tell me that I would start drinking coffee once I started working. But that never happened. I stuck with Diet Coke and more recently Coke Zero. But I’ve been better about it since I started working out first think in the morning and having a shake for breakfast. Now I use it as my mid afternoon pick me up and to fill my belly so I’m less tempted to snack before dinner. At least before quarantine, that’s what I was doing. Now my problem is that I don’t seem to have much of a routine with anything...

I used to get a large McDonald's diet coke every morning on my way to work. I've finally broken that habit and now pretty much just drink it in the evenings. Maybe I ought to start allowing myself to have it if I've met my water goal for the day :scratchin. We have good filtered water at home, but for some reason, I just don't drink it at home.

New to this thread!
Welcome!

McDonald’s Diet Coke is the BEST! I’ve actually seems articles on why people say that. Something about their cooling method I think. I haven’t had one during this quarantine. I like the idea of using that as a reward!!!

Interesting - I did not know that, but they are good! I always went there because they were only $1!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!