May 2020 Discount Watch Thread

Just booked with out pin code! Had to call to do it, since I'm the one organizing the trip, but my cousin got the pin code. The CM I talked to first said that she would have to be the one who actually makes the reservation, but I pushed back on that because it's all going on my credit card, and eventually he let me use the pin code as long as I had all of her info (address, phone number, email, etc) and she has to be the lead guest on the reservation. Easy peasy, and we're all booked in a 2 bedroom villa at Old Key West for the second week of May!

Following! Merry Christmas from St Charles! 55 degrees in December here outside of Chicago, WOW!!!

so we having a dining offer starting in June It looks like May has been skipped for offers...........

so we having a dining offer starting in June It looks like May has been skipped for offers...........
So far it looks that way. I"m hopeful that since they extended the booking for the Spring discount to Jan. 16 that maybe after that they will drop a May discount.

So far it looks that way. I"m hopeful that since they extended the booking for the Spring discount to Jan. 16 that maybe after that they will drop a May discount.
ugh now it says through March 7 for booking the Spring discount...not looking good for May.

Thankfully we got a pin code but it didn't save us much...Was really hoping for a better May discount but with the June free dining offer I'm not sure it's going to happen.

I viewed the historic discounts and for the past 2 years, the discount for dates including May were released on 1/3. I'm hoping we see something in the next couple days. Has anyone heard any rumors about a discount coming?

I viewed the historic discounts and for the past 2 years, the discount for dates including May were released on 1/3. I'm hoping we see something in the next couple days. Has anyone heard any rumors about a discount coming?
Yes, and I am disappointed that nothing has dropped yet for the end of April and May. Watching and waiting...

Not related to discounts, but just in case anyone missed it like I did, Thunder Mountain will be closed for refurbishment for much of May :sad:

In the June/July watch thread there’s a rumor room only drops tomorrow.
I hope so! I just booked a split Pop/FQ stay for early May and there was a lot of availability at rack rate. I’ll be surprised if they don’t offer a discount to fill the rooms. I’m not anticipating the 40% off AP offer like last May, but I’d love to get something. Paying $200 for a Value and $300 for Moderate is painful and there’s a 0% chance of me upgrading to Deluxe at rack rates. But if they roll out a decent offer, then I’ll be able to play around and consider different split stay combinations.

Anyone having any luck actually applying the discount? I see the offer but it won't let me apply it to my existing reservation. It says "no offer available for your dates".

Well I got through but my only choice was pool view so with the 10% discount, my total actually went up...so never mind.

I was able to apply the Passholder Sun & Fun offer at my May reservation at AKV - Jambo. Saved an additional 5% over the PIN code rate I had previously. Woot woot! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!