May 2018 Pre Trip and Trip Report

Ok Mike, I know you're gonna lose sleep over this so ..... (drum roll) .... Dockside Margarittas at Disney Springs. That's the Rain Forrest Cafe in the background.

Ok Mike, I know you're gonna lose sleep over this so ..... (drum roll) .... Dockside Margarittas at Disney Springs. That's the Rain Forrest Cafe in the background.
No sleep loss Tripleb I looked at photo and said okay Rainforest out in front and Paddlefish ( The Former Empress Lilly) on the left so I went with places I might hit.
On another not you site looks great I love 1809 but have never gotten it I tend to get 1811 across the road and 2 over

On another not you site looks great I love 1809 but have never gotten it I tend to get 1811 across the road and 2 over

Mike, this is only the 2nd time we have glamped at the Fort. 1st time was last year right after they reopened after Irma. We were at 1901. When we toured around the loops, I told the bride that it would be great to get 1809. Somehow, we did :-)

Been looking for the turkeys Mike, haven't seen any yet. Last year, while we were at 1901, the turkeys were all over 1700 and 1600.

Did a late ( 9pm ) FP at Flight of Passage. That ride is undoubtedly the greatest ride in Disney World ! As for AK, other than FOP, I can live without it. Just not our cup of tea. Annnnnnnd, at 9pm it is incredibly dark in AK. I'm surprised Disney doesn't do something about it ... it's really a safety issue.

Been raining since about 5am, not a hard rain just steady. Hopefully, it will quit by noon. We plan on going to Epcot later today.

On a side note, finally got to see turkeys, no not the two legged humanoid kind :-) , 2 hens and 5 chicks strolled by our site.

Last edited:
Well, as usual, I'm very behind with my posts. So, finishing up Monday: On the way back from Amorette's, we stopped by Epcot to run in and get our Minnie AP magnets on the last day of the flower & garden festival. DW had to stay in the truck with the a/c running to keep the cake cold.

Back in the overflow lot at The Fort, I had just unloaded the bikes so we could head to the marina when the site assignment text came in. So, loaded the bikes back in the truck, hitched up the camper and headed to 1924. We got the campsite setup and finally rode the bikes to the marina to meet up with DS and DGF.

Made it to MK just in time for the parade, and the thunderstorm. We saw a few characters to get signatures for this trip's campsite flag. The first character we see gets to choose their color and sign anywhere and and as big as they want. Today's winner: Merida.
8474.jpeg
Dinner was at Liberty Tree and it was delicious. We had FPs for 7DMT, Space & Splash mountains.

We watched happily ever after before the last FP, then headed back to the camper.

Now, on to Tuesday, DW's Birthday!

The weather was beautiful. A few pics of our site.
8478.jpeg
8480.jpeg

The first task was to pick up the cart from Kenny. They were waiting on us and we were done in less than an hour.

Took the bus over to Epcot. Had FPs for TT, the Land, and Character Spot. We were able to pick up a 4th at Nemo.

Had lunch at the quick service in Mexico, then wondered the countries.

We had an interesting interaction with roaming Vikings in Norway. The effort to get them to sign our flag was futile, and we had to save the sharpie from being eaten. Also saw several performers and music acts during the afternoon and evening.

Eventually, we were just killing time until 9:00 for our birthday reservation at Le Cellier. Our first time there, and it did not disappoint. Definitely, a top 5 Disney meal.

It was late EMH till 11:00, so we rode Soarin' and spaceship earth on the way out. According to the bus driver, dispatch told him he had to stop at the Fort first; a birthday bonus!

Back at the camper, we had Minnie birthday cake. Delicious!

Lots of rain Wednesday morning, and we were a few minutes late to our lunch reservation at The Plaza. Reubens all around, except one cheesesteak.
8484.jpeg 8487.jpeg

Finished up with a sundae, banana spilt, and a banana split all you can eat milkshake for me. We managed to hang out inside long enough for the thunderstorm to pass.

Today was one of those weird Florida days with rain throughout the morning up until about 2pm. The sun never really came out but we made Epcot anyway. Did lunch at the Electric Umbrella and then took in some shopping. Left Epcot and went to the Contempoary via Monorail, for a toddy. Diid a little more shopping and then headed back to the Fort via boat. Got back to the Fort and stopped at the tavern for a lemonade.

It don't get much better than sitting on the porch sipping a Davy Lemonade .

Lots of rain Wednesday morning, and we were a few minutes late to our lunch reservation at The Plaza. Reubens all around, except one cheesesteak.
View attachment 325914 View attachment 325915

Finished up with a sundae, banana spilt, and a banana split all you can eat milkshake for me. We managed to hang out inside long enough for the thunderstorm to pass.

I LOVE the Reubens at The Plaza. I'm a Reuben guy - I get them just about whenever they are on a menu. I did get the cheesesteak a month ago at The Plaza since I had eaten at it two months in a row and got the Reuben on the first trip and the Cheesesteak was the waiter's recommendation on the second trip. It was good too (and filling).

Carry on!

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!