*** May 2017 Disneyland Check-In ***

Checking in again because thinking about our trip is making me so happy :cloud9:
Next week is March, so 2 more months until May :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Yes! I just checked the schedule and its listed through mid april so far. Just a couple weeks and we will start seeing what may will look like! Yay!

DBF and I will be there from the 19th-29th! Got the 3-day Canadian discounted passes and it'll be our first time out waaaay way west! Planning on taking a tour, a couple of beach days and really hoping to score tickets to a Jimmy Kimmel taping!

Have you seen if Fantasmic will be back by then? I'm thinking it won't be but I really really hope it is!

Hoping to hear more about Fantasmic and the vague "summer 2017" dates that several fun things are opening!

Disneyland usually kicks off the summer season with Memorial Day weekend. I would guess that would be the earliest we would see Fantasmic.

Has everyone seen pictures of the Red Rose Taverne that has opened in Fantasyland where The Village Haus was? It's only temporary but hopefully it'll still be there in May. Yummo. I can't wait to taste the Grey Stuff...apparently it's delicious! ;)

Last edited:
Yay! Hoping for long hours and nightly fireworks :yay:

Is that a realistic expectation?
I'm trying to plan the best time to go but most of my group will be blocked out on weekends. Is it possible that May would have nightly entertainment?

Is that a realistic expectation?
I'm trying to plan the best time to go but most of my group will be blocked out on weekends. Is it possible that May would have nightly entertainment?
I would say no, that's not realistic. Check the historical park hours on this site for more info.

I'm finding myself in the LA area from May 5-9. No hotel room yet. The only thing I am anxious to know about is if Soundsational will be back by then. That will be the game changer for me.
I just read that Soundsational returns on 24 March. Great news for you :)

We will be there May 25th-29th, spending May 26th-28th in the parks :) It sucks to be going Memorial Day Weekend but it's for DH's 40th birthday. I'll be 7 months pregnant and we'll have our 2 year old so this should be interesting. Staying at the Hilton.

We went last year in May and were there for Mother's Day and part of the marathon. The weather was great except for some rain.

Last edited:
Checking in! We will be there May 29-June 1! First trip to DLR for 3 of us, 1st Disney ever for the other 3 in our group. SOOOOO excited! Staying at Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance.

I was able to book our first ADR today :) We are doing the MSEP package at BB on our arrival day - it is a Sunday (our only weekend day) and we'll catch the fireworks after the parade.
Now I just have to figure out what day to do the WoC dessert party - thinking of doing it on our last night to end our trip with a bang (sort of, since we will go for a few hours the next morning). Also have to figure out what to do for my birthday. My IL's said they would keep DD that night so we could do something alone, DH said we could do anything I wanted - so I am thinking Guardians of the Galaxy at the El Capitan (although the AMC would be more comfortable since DH is a bit tall and the seats a bit cramped) or whatever double feature is playing at the Egyptian Theater.

I was able to book our first ADR today :) We are doing the MSEP package at BB on our arrival day - it is a Sunday (our only weekend day) and we'll catch the fireworks after the parade.
Now I just have to figure out what day to do the WoC dessert party - thinking of doing it on our last night to end our trip with a bang (sort of, since we will go for a few hours the next morning). Also have to figure out what to do for my birthday. My IL's said they would keep DD that night so we could do something alone, DH said we could do anything I wanted - so I am thinking Guardians of the Galaxy at the El Capitan (although the AMC would be more comfortable since DH is a bit tall and the seats a bit cramped) or whatever double feature is playing at the Egyptian Theater.

If you're flying out, I don't recommend doing the WOC dessert party the last night before you fly out. I did that for the F! dessert and ended up throwing out half the desserts. Unless of course you can eat them all!

Checking in- we will be there May 7-10. First visit for DW, I was there in 1968, so yeah, a few things have changed. I was only 6 years old in 1968 but still have memories of that trip. I had a cousin who was an extra in a classroom scene of "Family Affair" so I was able to visit that set at the time. I still remember being bowled over by meeting Johnny Whitaker!

After dozens of visits to WDW we can't wait to experience DL.

We are going to be there to run the Pixie Dust Challenge. Staying from May 11-15. I'm excited to explore DL as we have also visited WDW many times, but only did one day trip years ago to DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter