*** May 2017 Disneyland Check-In ***

Aww man, that stinks! In October, splash was down...so I will choose to be happy that I get to ride that instead. That is definitely going to effect crowd disbursement though.

Aw man. Bummer. But, I can live without Indy. I LOVE it, but as long as I'm not missing Pirates, Mansion, or one of the mountains, I can live with just about everything else.

Aw man. Bummer. But, I can live without Indy. I LOVE it, but as long as I'm not missing Pirates, Mansion, or one of the mountains, I can live with just about everything else.

This! We love it and its a bummer but not a deal breaker. I couldnt live without Pirates, Thunder mtn...etc.
I'm sure its a decent people eater so it will be interesting and a Im a little worried to see how it affects the crowds. :crazy2:

Apparently I like Indy the most in my family. DH and DD are both disappointed about it being being down but said could be worse and shrugged it off. I'm glad they reacted that way though, making me feel better about it. We'll still have lots of fun :)

Our trips are getting close now. The May schedule has started! Only the 1st but still, it's a start. Looks like shorter park hours and no fireworks during the week which is disappointing but not unexpected. Indiana Jones is showing on the schedule as closed for refurbishment as per previous posts - although it's not showing on Touringplans :( (maybe touringplans is not as good a resource as I thought, it's showing Matterhorn Bobsleds are down but that's not showing on the schedule :confused3)

Just saw that Indy will be going down on 5/1. I actually arrive the afternoon of 4/30 so I guess I should make it a priority that day if I want to ride it. I will probably not get to the park until mid-afternoon - will FP be gone by then? I will be solo so I can use Single Rider if necessary.

Also I noticed that the Corn Dog Castle at CA is down on 4/30 and the Little Red Wagon is also down starting 5/1. I actually really like corn dogs and I have been hearing for years about the mythical ones served on the West Coast. I suppose I can grab one on 4/30 after riding Indy but if they are that good sad to know I cannot get another one later in the week. Do you know if they will serve them anywhere else during the refurb? Bad timing I guess.

Glad to see hours are being posted. My only park days are 4/30 (partial day), 5/4 (partial day) and 5/5 (full day) since I am there for a work conference. Need to try to figure out what to do on which day. Hope the hours for 5/4-5/5 are released soon.

:worried: That's a drag about Indy. We were really looking forward to riding this for the first time as Dinosaur is one of our faves at WDW. I guess we'll have to start planning another trip to DLR sooner than we thought! :)

Also I noticed that the Corn Dog Castle at CA is down on 4/30 and the Little Red Wagon is also down starting 5/1. I actually really like corn dogs and I have been hearing for years about the mythical ones served on the West Coast. I suppose I can grab one on 4/30 after riding Indy but if they are that good sad to know I cannot get another one later in the week. Do you know if they will serve them anywhere else during the refurb? Bad timing I guess.

They serve the corn dogs at Stage Door Cafe in Frontierland as well!

Just saw that Indy will be going down on 5/1. I actually arrive the afternoon of 4/30 so I guess I should make it a priority that day if I want to ride it. I will probably not get to the park until mid-afternoon - will FP be gone by then? I will be solo so I can use Single Rider if necessary.

Glad to see hours are being posted. My only park days are 4/30 (partial day), 5/4 (partial day) and 5/5 (full day) since I am there for a work conference. Need to try to figure out what to do on which day. Hope the hours for 5/4-5/5 are released soon.

I'm not sure if fp's would be gone but definitely worth a check. Or standing in line if not too long. Have fun!

Please add us to the May list. We will be at the Anaheim Hilton for 2 nights, May 25 and 26. We are going to a very royal dinner with one of my dearest friends. :cloud9:

Are the refurb schedules usually pretty accurate? We're there May 24th-28th and its our first time ever so I'm really hoping Indy will be back up on time so we can ride!

In better news, hours are up through May 3rd - getting there!! :cool1:

It's not showing performances of Frozen at Hyperion for during the week of May 1-4. As a newbie to DL, is that normal or should I try to squeeze it in on 4/30 even though I hadn't planned to go to DCA on that day?

Please add me to the May list. I'll be there from May 11-14 for the Tinkerbell half marathon. My family will be there May 12-14. I'm staying at Paradise Pier on May 11 and then moving over to the Grand Californian for the nights of May 12-14. We are DVC members.

Are the refurb schedules usually pretty accurate? We're there May 24th-28th and its our first time ever so I'm really hoping Indy will be back up on time so we can ride!

In better news, hours are up through May 3rd - getting there!! :cool1:
I would say they are, from what I understand. You should be good for Indy unless it's delayed, obviously. This CAN happen, but I wouldn't say it happens often.

It's not showing performances of Frozen at Hyperion for during the week of May 1-4. As a newbie to DL, is that normal or should I try to squeeze it in on 4/30 even though I hadn't planned to go to DCA on that day?
This is normal. Entertainment will be added in the next week or two.

The hours are 9a to 10p the first 3 days of May which is great!! It also shows a 8:30p and 10:30p showing of MSEP... is it normal to have a 10:30 parade if the park closes at 10?

The hours are 9a to 10p the first 3 days of May which is great!! It also shows a 8:30p and 10:30p showing of MSEP... is it normal to have a 10:30 parade if the park closes at 10?
I have a suspicion that this is an error. Best to keep an eye on it coming up. I've never heard of a post-closing Disneyland show -- they do that with World of Color at DCA all the time, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter