May 20-23, 2016 /3-Night Disney Dream Bahamas Cruise

Yay! :welcome:

I'll be happy to add you to Group Daisy. You're the 4th room in this group! When we get 10, I will send the list to everyone by private message. Disboards requires you to have 10 messages connected to your account to send or receive private messages.

It is totally up to you who to give gifts to!!:)

The info you gave is perfect! You are welcome to add favorite characters, special celebrations, or food allergies if there are any.

Thank you so much!

We are celebrating our first cruise!!! No food allergies, we basically eat anything! Our stateroom number is 8512 just in case you need to know that also.

Favorite Characters (or Movies I Guess) would be:
Amber - Beauty & The Beast
Mica - Aladdin or Anything Marvel (Superheroes)
Xander - Pluto or Superheroes
Liam - Stitch or Superheroes
Greyson - Toy Story or Finding Nemo

Is there anyway to know how quickly I will get the list? I plan to make everyone's gifts so the more heads up that I have, the better :)

Thank you so much!

We are celebrating our first cruise!!! No food allergies, we basically eat anything! Our stateroom number is 8512 just in case you need to know that also.

Favorite Characters (or Movies I Guess) would be:
Amber - Beauty & The Beast
Mica - Aladdin or Anything Marvel (Superheroes)
Xander - Pluto or Superheroes
Liam - Stitch or Superheroes
Greyson - Toy Story or Finding Nemo

Is there anyway to know how quickly I will get the list? I plan to make everyone's gifts so the more heads up that I have, the better :)

Oh yeah!!! Haha! Room # is important too!! :lmao:

Thank you!!!

It usually takes one month to fill each group. I planned on closing this group on April 20th to give time to prepare gifts. I will check with everyone in this group on April 20th and see how many we have at that time. I can always send a partial list as well. I have done that before.

You will definately have from May 1st until cruise date to start creating your gifts. I know everyone is excited to get started with their gifts!!! :)

It has been great!!! We haven't had any speed bumps! I believe it works to keep it simple without any rules, so everyone can make the fish extenders experience their own. (For instance, without price limits, who to give to and when) Especially short cruises.

Make it fun and convenient!

Having 10 rooms in each group lightens the carry-on load and reduces the cost. Noone has dropped out, but if that were to happen I would ask the specific group members what to do. Some people may have age or gender-specific gifts and others may not. So, if there was someone that would be okay with exchanging gifts with only 5 rooms of the group... then, that would work. I would definitely leave that kind of stuff compartmentalized to each group and that should work perfect!

You're exactly right about new rooms joining. For us, they have joined in clumps.

I try to keep my phone on hand and check it periodically to be available. This will prevent a lot of problems from escalating.... thankfully, we haven't had any. Our members are THE BEST!!!

I keep a MS Word template that I created and add the info for each group. Then save as a pdf form and send it by private message as soon as the group is closed for review. This has worked great!

I will send you my pdf form to view by pm.

I have really enjoyed organizing this for my first cruise and first time participating as well!!! :)

Hope this helps!
Thanks! I created an Access database for storing all the info, and I'll make a spreadsheet or report that I should be able to convert to a pdf to share with others when each group is completed. PDF is a good idea since not everyone may be able to open a Word or Excel file. How did you create your shaded deck maps that you shared?
I'm definitely addicted to the DIS boards and planning our trip!!!

Thanks! I created an Access database for storing all the info, and I'll make a spreadsheet or report that I should be able to convert to a pdf to share with others when each group is completed. PDF is a good idea since not everyone may be able to open a Word or Excel file. How did you create your shaded deck maps that you shared?
I'm definitely addicted to the DIS boards and planning our trip!!!

It IS fun!!!

Google search the Disney ship deck plans that your cruise will be on and save each deck image to your desktop. Next, insert a star shape in MS Word and change the color. Once you create the star shape, enlarge and copy&paste on to each corresponding room #.
Tip: once you insert deck image, use the zoom in the lower right side of screen to zoom-in and find room.

It IS fun!!!

Google search the Disney ship deck plans that your cruise will be on and save each deck image to your desktop. Next, insert a star shape in MS Word and change the color. Once you create the star shape, enlarge and copy&paste on to each corresponding room #.
Tip: once you insert deck image, use the zoom in the lower right side of screen to zoom-in and find room.
Great tip! Thanks again! (And we just got our 4th room joining our FE - WooHoo! :jumping3: )

Hello
In group Minnie I only count 8 families and the last one doesn't have a room number. Was there a revised one sent out? I'm so excited

I'm not sure if you've posted information in regards to Group Donald, but I believe my family was the first in that group. I was wondering if you have sent out the list for that group yet? If so, I suppose I wasn't able to get it because I don't have enough posts yet; if not, I will work on getting my posts and keep an eye out for it!! Thanks so much for organizing this!!

I'm not sure if you've posted information in regards to Group Donald, but I believe my family was the first in that group. I was wondering if you have sent out the list for that group yet? If so, I suppose I wasn't able to get it because I don't have enough posts yet; if not, I will work on getting my posts and keep an eye out for it!! Thanks so much for organizing this!!
Great! When you have enough posts, I'll be happy to send you the list!! :)

We just got our luggage tags with our info book, and it says Pelican Plunge is under reconstruction, so it won't be available. With a 4 and 5 year old, their isn't many excursions that we can do with them, so we are kinda bummed about that.

We just got our luggage tags with our info book, and it says Pelican Plunge is under reconstruction, so it won't be available. With a 4 and 5 year old, their isn't many excursions that we can do with them, so we are kinda bummed about that.
This is not good. This is our 1st cruise and I was really looking forward to that. Makes me sad

Hi guys just checking in with everyone. Time is getting closer!!!! I am so excited for all you first timers. Your going to love it, take you time, you will not be able to do everything you want and make sure to book another cruise ( have prices and do your research before the trip) or at least put a place holder down the cost is $200 acts as a deposit ( this is for a future cruise if you have not decided yet). If you have any questions I'll be here to help. Would you like to a MEET and GREET at 3:00-3:30 on April 20? Julie

Hi guys just checking in with everyone. Time is getting closer!!!! I am so excited for all you first timers. Your going to love it, take you time, you will not be able to do everything you want and make sure to book another cruise ( have prices and do your research before the trip) or at least put a place holder down the cost is $200 acts as a deposit ( this is for a future cruise if you have not decided yet). If you have any questions I'll be here to help. Would you like to a MEET and GREET at 3:00-3:30 on April 20? Julie

Hi Julie,
I agree definitely put a placeholder down! I'm definitely doing that or at least going to price the cruise I just booked last week to see if rebooking will be cheaper. The cost has gone up now, it's $250 instead of the $200 I plan on purchasing my Disney gift cards from Target to get the extra 5% off. Every bit helps

I'm definitely planning on putting down a place holder for another cruise. I'm sailing this one with the 10% off and stateroom credit :)

***Group Daisy***

We are 4 weeks and 2 days away from our cruise! SO exciting! :boat:

Your group currently only has 4 rooms. Do ya'll want to extend the deadline to join the group? Maybe 1 week?

However, I want to make sure you have enough time to prepare. Please let me know if ya'll want to leave it open or close the group.

Thank you!
Jen

***Group Daisy***

We are 4 weeks and 2 days away from our cruise! SO exciting! :boat:

Your group currently only has 4 rooms. Do ya'll want to extend the deadline to join the group? Maybe 1 week?

However, I want to make sure you have enough time to prepare. Please let me know if ya'll want to leave it open or close the group.

Thank you!
Jen
I'm fine with that leaving it open. Thanks.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter