May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just officially booked! I am ridiculously excited. This will be our second cruise ever. Our first was on the Magic in December.

This will be the first time we have a balcony as well, which will be awesome since there are so many sea days.

For those that have been on a TA cruise before, what kind of extra entertainment do they have? Any special shows not on the standard Magic cruises? Or do they mainly fill in with variety acts?

We've only done one TA-- but they had things like the Art of Animation (not positive if this is exactly what it was called) which was about the story behind making the movies and included video, animations, and live performance. There was also Dancing with Officers and Crew Talent Show.

Julie

Hi, Val, could you maybe post everyone who's going in your first post? That way people can see who's going all in one place. Maybe screen name, real names if given and ages of the kids. It might also help for when someone wants to start the fish extender list. I just thought I'd suggest it before we got in too far.

Thanks so much!

Cant wait to go!!! It will be our 2 TA Cruise we did the EBTA 2011 and it was a blast, best vacation I ever had. I love the sea days. We have a cheap inside room. Last year we got the cheap inside cabin and 4 days into the cruise we got a call on our wave phones asking if we wanted a upgrade to a balcony for free. I thought the entertainment was good. Met Charo from the Love Boat. The Hypnotic Show was funny. All around it was a great VACATION well worth the money.

We are looking at this cruise. It would be our 2nd TA. The first was the WBTA in 2007. We have done several Disney cruises, though. It will be myself, Patty, Misti and Granddaughters, aged 12 and 7. Hopefully it will all work out!!!

Hi, Val, could you maybe post everyone who's going in your first post? That way people can see who's going all in one place. Maybe screen name, real names if given and ages of the kids. It might also help for when someone wants to start the fish extender list. I just thought I'd suggest it before we got in too far.

Thanks so much!

Wow- great minds must think alike. I was going to suggest I start a google spread sheet. I recommend you send me your info and then I'll keep the spread sheet uptodate and give access for reviewing from the first post. On the Hawaii cruise everyone updates the spreadsheet and it has gotten messed up a number of times.
So if everyone sends me their Disboard name, location and the first names and ages of the kids. Later we can get more info.

Cant wait to go!!! It will be our 2 TA Cruise we did the EBTA 2011 and it was a blast, best vacation I ever had. I love the sea days. We have a cheap inside room. Last year we got the cheap inside cabin and 4 days into the cruise we got a call on our wave phones asking if we wanted a upgrade to a balcony for free. I thought the entertainment was good. Met Charo from the Love Boat. The Hypnotic Show was funny. All around it was a great VACATION well worth the money.

We are looking at this cruise. It would be our 2nd TA. The first was the WBTA in 2007. We have done several Disney cruises, though. It will be myself, Patty, Misti and Granddaughters, aged 12 and 7. Hopefully it will all work out!!!

Welcome

Thanks Val! Looks like you're the official organizer of the 2013 EBTA CONGRATULATIONS!!! LOL:cheer2::cheer2: Reallly thanks for setting it up!

I was going to suggest I start a google spread sheet. I recommend you send me your info and then I'll keep the spread sheet uptodate and give access for reviewing from the first post.

THANK YOU for doing this! I have a feeling (or rather, a hope) that this is going to be a good-sized group. I know on the cruise we took in December, participating in the Dis meet and FE made an already good experience even better.

I'll PM you with our details. :)

Hey Val, were you able to get a military rate on this?? If so I'll have to call up Deb and see if she can get this for me. I found I wasn't able to transfer a res to her and receive military rate once I already booked with DU.. :(

We're thinking about this though. Just have to figure out how to keep the airfare cost down! Lol we'd be flying back from Turkey to take this cruise, and then would have to fly from Barcelona back to Turkey... That's more pricey then the cruise itself!

Looking forward to making the attempt though, we absolutely LOVED our first Disney Cruise and the kids are already begging for more! :)

-Raichael

Hello All! Add us to the growing list of EBTA cruisers. This is our 3rd Disney Cruise, 2nd TA. I booked yesterday and will be keeping this cruise a secret from hubby and son. Can't wait to see their faces when they find out next Christmas that we'll be crossing the Atlantic once again. :)

Names: Sarah, Josh & Hunter (age 10 at time of sailing)

Welcome!! When I booked this morning, about 9:30 PST, the CM said there was a lot of room available but the suites were all gone. Good Luck. Looking forward to planning a great trip with everyone. Val & Bob

Interesting...wonder why CM told you that all the suites were booked?? I booked the morning of the 26th online and was able to book Cat T (one-bedroom) stateroom 8032 and there were plenty of other Cat T suites available. Wonder if people placed holds and didn't make their deposit in time? Just happy it worked out for us.

Looking forward to getting to know y'all prior to the cruise.

Forgot to say thanks to Val for starting the thread. I'll PM you with our info for the google doc once I hit the mandatory minimum of 10 posts.

We've just booked! It will just be the two of us, me and my husband celebrating our wedding anniversary. It is our second Disney cruise, the first was Dover to Barcelona in 2010 but we have been wanting to book a TA ever since.

Hi All!

We booked the EBTA yesterday morning, this will be our first Disney cruise, or any cruise for that matter!

It will be me and my DB, I am 24 now and will be 26 by the time we sail, and the DB has just turned 28 so he will be 29 by May 2013.

We are very very excited already and have dreamed of booking this for a while! We first started looking at the transatlantic sailing reports from 2007 last year and was hoping they would come back to Europe this year! When they didn't, we were disappointed, but then a few weeks ago, I started reading about the rumours that they were coming back to Europe and we have been waiting anxiously for these few weeks for the announcement and here we are! :-)

We are supposed to be saving to buy a house at the moment so haven't had a proper abroad holiday since 2010 now. We shouldn't really be booking this but oh well! :-D Life is too short!

We have been to DLP once, going again in March, and have been to the World once....and will be going straight back once we have bought a house!

Hope I haven't waffled too much :-)

Count us in! Mandy, DH Curt, Sarah (will be 6), and Emilie (turning 3 just six days after disembarkation). However, we will not know for sure until after hubby goes through vacation bidding at work in August (seniority based).

We are booked as we were also holding out for WBTA, but EBTA would mean less time away from school for our kindergartener. This will be our second DCL cruise (first was WBTA 2011) and tenth cruise overall (with each being 7+ nights on Celebrity, Holland America, and NCL). Fingers crossed we book another one after disembarking in Barcelona, as we are eyeballing the NCL 12-night Barcelona-Venice. It is pretty port intensive to ports we have not seen yet.

Thanks so much!

Great suggestion! On our WBTA 2011, we kept the running list on page one. Each new thread (after reaching 250 pages) would start out with "placeholders" for the plethora of DIS activities. We had lots! :thumbsup2

:cool1: :banana::cool1::banana::cool1:

We're all booked up for this cruise, we did the wbta last year and so can't wait
To do it all over again!!

It will be me Sarah,dh Brian, dd Beth 10 and dd Ellie 1, we're from Glasgow Scotland.

Looking forward to reconnecting with old friends and making lots of new ones:love

Super happy!! :cool1:

Forgot to say thanks to Val for starting the thread.

Ditto!!

sumeto
Anaheim, CA
Suzan, Tony & Bonnie no kids
4 past DCL cruises
Will also be doing a BTB with the June 1, Med:dance3:

Hi -
I took the WBTA in 2007 and EBPC in 2008 - I'm hooked on the sea days!! For me it's the ultimate of R & R !! Not sure if it will work out - hope so. It will just be me. My dh & dgs will meet me in Barcelona and we'll take dgs on to Italy for his high school grad present!

We booked yesterday! My wife Cari & me (Brad). This will be our 3rd DCL cruise & we are very much looking forward to it!

I've linked a rollcall sheet in the first posting. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtbsPu1_ggmKdFpQSkZySFlkYTNLSzBPYzNYb2R1dkE&hl=en_US#
A couple of you have sent me messages with info and I think I listed all the names I found on the thread todate. If I've missed anyone, please don't take offensive, I'll add you when you give me your info.

Hey Val, were you able to get a military rate on this?? If so I'll have to call up Deb and see if she can get this for me. I found I wasn't able to transfer a res to her and receive military rate once I already booked with DU.. :(

We're thinking about this though. Just have to figure out how to keep the airfare cost down! Lol we'd be flying back from Turkey to take this cruise, and then would have to fly from Barcelona back to Turkey... That's more pricey then the cruise itself!

Looking forward to making the attempt though, we absolutely LOVED our first Disney Cruise and the kids are already begging for more! :)

-Raichael

No military rate on this one - at least not yet. We moved a dummy reservation so we did get the 10% and OBC. I haven't seen any military discounts for any cruises in a while.

Hello All! Add us to the growing list of EBTA cruisers. Names: Sarah, Josh & Hunter (age 10 at time of sailing)

Interesting...wonder why CM told you that all the suites were booked??
I see there are suites available now. I think we'll stay in our verandah cabin for now.

We've just booked! It will just be the two of us, me and my husband celebrating our wedding anniversary.

Hi All! We booked the EBTA yesterday morning, this will be our first Disney cruise, or any cruise for that matter!

Count us in! Mandy, DH Curt, Sarah (will be 6), and Emilie (turning 3 just six days after disembarkation).

sumeto
Anaheim, CA
Suzan, Tony & Bonnie no kids
4 past DCL cruises
Will also be doing a BTB with the June 1, Med:dance3:

Hi -
I took the WBTA in 2007 and EBPC in 2008 - I'm hooked on the sea days!!

We booked yesterday! My wife Cari & me (Brad). This will be our 3rd DCL cruise & we are very much looking forward to it!

Welcome to all of you. Looking forward to a great group to plan our trip with. Val & Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter