MAY 12th-19th!! THESE ARE THE MAYS OF OUR LIVES! III

Status
Not open for further replies.
let me guess you took..... 1000 pics..... i took 1700 not including the photopass pics.... i didnt' even realize i took so many pics..... sheesh....

it's true the CM's make or break a restaurant and resort for people.....

Shelly r u going to make a separate TR or just post pics here.... i'm still in the middle of that... plus i'm uploading pics to photobucket and editing them.... that is taking longer then i thought....

let me guess you took..... 1000 pics..... i took 1700 not including the photopass pics.... i didnt' even realize i took so many pics..... sheesh....

it's true the CM's make or break a restaurant and resort for people.....

WOW Mari I thought I took a lot of pictures!! I took 716, plus the kids used up 3 disposable cameras. Plus the photopass pics! Did you do your photopass pics yet on the photopass share? My day is Wednesday. I'm not even sure how many photopass pictures we had taken. . .

Shelly r u going to make a separate TR or just post pics here.... i'm still in the middle of that... plus i'm uploading pics to photobucket and editing them.... that is taking longer then i thought....

I'm not sure, I think I might just post it all here. I'm still uploading and editing too, it is taking forever!

i uploaded my pics on Saturday..... i don't remember how many it told me... i'm editing my pics then i'll go in there and add the borders to mine.... the stupid photographer at MK had us posing as if we had tink in our hands but when i went on there was nothing there.... i was so mad..... i really wanted that pic too....

Morning! Can't wait to hear more! Keep it coming!

popcorn::

Cleaning and running a few errands.

My kids get out of school Friday at noon and that morning is an award ceremony, so I will be at the school too! Only 4 more childless days for me! :laughing:

oh wow you guys are going to be bombarded with pics once i finish uploading them....

Hi, I'm back. My wife and I went out for coffee and bagels this morning. Beautiful day here in SM. Right now it is about 77 and sunny.

It was hot yesterday at DL. When we got there, it was already in the upper 80's and that was before 8 am. A few rides were closed or broken down: POTC, BTMR, and Pinocchio. Got some good video of Finding Nemo Subs and Splash Mountain. Met up with a few of my wife's VMK friends too and we saw Turtle Talk together...always a great show and it is a nice place to cool off too! We had our friend's son with us yesterday too. He was a good boy and had a blast. One bummer, I lost a my 4 gig memory card. Fortunately, I did not have any pictures on it, so it wasn't a total lost. Oh yea, DL starts some kind of Indiana Jones event, overlay, whatever for the whole summer on May 22nd. We are planning to go see the movie midnight Wednesday. I can't wait!

Sea - bummer about the lost memory card.... but good thing it didn't have any pics on it. Wow it's only like 60 here in NJ. i wish it were 80... i DO NOT want
90's again. Florida was enough for me....

thanks... i'm afraid it might get boring to some people..... we'll see how it turns out...

Loving the TR Mari!

Kait, I see you checked in on Mari's TR. . . How was your trip??? How did you like POR???

Hey, where's RF???

Hey Shelly do you have the pic of us in CM.... I forgot to take a pic with you... Can you email it.....

So….
We’re off. Here’s the start of my TR to make you all laugh. Sit back and enjoy the show!

Tuesday 5/13-
Left the house at 4:30, just like we wanted. Zoomed down the interstate- Mark wanted to go through the city through the tunnels- “it will be faster”. Heh heh heh heh- so we’re tearing up the pavement- go around PNC park- the stadium- wham! Standstill traffic. I said oh no, why is there so much traffic? Mark says it builds starting at 4:30 everyday. Um, hello???? We could’ve gone the other route?!? So we’re inching at this point towards the tunnels Mark says, “look to your left”.

There’s the trouble. Oh, isn’t that swell? They’re shooting a movie. Right there in Pittsburgh’s everyone’s off from work, ready to go home traffic, they have the freakin trailer bed with the car on the back- spotlights on it, actor inside (couldn’t tell who it was) cameras rolling, cars behind it honking the horns…. A movie, people!!!

My word. Inch towards the tunnels. We’re inching. Inching still- inching. Finally- a break- Mark takes it and we’re off. Through the tunnels like a greased pig.

Wooo-pig-soooiieeeeee!!!

Come out on the other side and see on the other side of the road- MORE movie stuff! This time, there was a taxi with actors in it- with three cop cars side by side holding the traffic back. I swear to you- OJ Simpson’s run from the law didn’t have as many cars following. The traffic went from the tunnels ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way to the airport. For those of you who are so lucky to not be from here, it’s about a 30 minute ride. Okay- anyway- we made up for lost time by going 85 mph down the highway. Um, did I miss something? Am I on Test track already?????

Get to the airport, take the long shuttle to SW’s terminal, walk up to the counter to check in. The lady is eyeing my luggage- Mark says “Why’d you bring the hearse?” I said “It’s not the hearse- it’s Hearse Jr.” He was in disbelief. I had already asked him to pick it up and tell me how much he thought it weighed since we don’t own a scale. He had said 48 pounds, guessing.
The airport scale said 47.7 pounds. Very very good. I can buy 2.3 pounds of something. Yay me!

We checked into SW in about 3 minutes- I love that airline- and we had 2 hours
to spare. Time for the first meal of vacation! TGIFridays for some really greasy yummy stuff. We went in and I checked out the menu while Mark worked on his Treo doing last minute work stuff. I gave him the one raised eyebrow look and he put it away. Time for vacation! Bring on the cheeseburgers!

Yep- cheeseburgers. First we ordered the sampler platter with cheesesticks and potato skins and wings- then ordered burgers with swiss and fries. I tell you all this because we never order anything like that. It’s usually the low fat boring grilled veggies and salmon or grilled chicken something that is never any good. When Mark ordered all that for us I was in shock. Vacation mode! Yippee!! The first bite of that burger was indescribable. Party in my mouth, definitely. Who cares that it’s like 980 grams of fat? I’ll just walk it off tomorrow, I said.

The plane ride was great- no complaints. We had group A boarding position 30 & 31. Got great seats. Looked at magazines until the pilot announced we were over Columbia SC- awwwww---- we got wistful for home- then we were over Savannah- and saw all of the beautiful lights of Charleston’s sister city- then Mark said “I just know we’ll fly over Gainesville- look for The Swamp.” ( Florida Gators stadium) I said, “If I’m looking that hard for the stadium, I want Tim Tebow down there waving the Heisman Trophy at me”. No such luck.

Landed in Orlando right on time- 9:55. Baggage came quickly and we took the long behind walk from baggage claim to the Dollar rental car check in. Walked right up to the counter, and got a foreign lady that I couldn’t understand. She starts telling us that the car we rented (a Dodge Caliber-) just might not be the car for us, because it “doesn’t have power windows or locks, and wouldn’t it be nice to upgrade for only 11 dollars more a day”. Well, any married woman knows that as soon as someone starts talking to their man about cars- their ears prick up. Mark is not convinced that he really wants the teeny-tiny car with no power windows or locks- I mean, how is he gonna find the car after leaving it in the parking lot all day without the panic button??? He’s looking like he wants to bite- and I said – “If you had’ve wanted the Dodge Charger, I could have upgraded us for $4 more a day- you said we’d be fine in the Caliber-“. Raised eyebrow from me again. Mark says “Fine” sort of huffy. I mean really- power windows and locks??? We’re gonna start our vacation by having a spat over power windows and locks???

Get the keys- I’m carrying my pocketbook that I stole from Belle (a present from us from last May- it has Mickey on it!!) and nothing else. I look back and Mark is dragging his brief case, his duffel, my makeup case, and Hearse Jr. Cue the music…What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man- yes he is… Salt-N-Peppa’s playing in my head. Only he’s not looking too happy. Happy moment is over. I just know he is stewing over not having power windows and power locks. And I am laughing in my head over the silliness of the situation- the car is parked in the very last row. Mighty Good Man is not happy. I pull out the key that I had been handed 5 minutes ago and look down as we approach the car- ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…

No power locks or windows, aye? I hit the panic button just to be a PITA and Mighty Good Man starts to grin. He says “that lady lied? We had power locks and windows all along? Why would she do that?” “It’s her job, Baby. That’s what they do.” Mighty Good Man is once again a mighty happy man and we climb into the car, him grinning from ear to ear because he has a panic button, me grinning from ear to ear because the Heavens smiled upon me by giving us a panic button. We roll down the power windows to catch that Florida nighttime breeze we both love and we’re off- zooming down the highway once again.

We zip right up to Publix to get our 2 cases of water that we always buy for the trip right at 10:35 PM. Not bad, I say to Mighty Good Man. He just smiles. We walk into our favorite grocery store hand in hand and smile because we love Publix. It’s like coming home.

Grab a few items and head to the water aisle. Stand there smiling looking like two doofuses just at the situation and see that Aquafina is on sale for $4.99 a case. Woo- hoo! Grab two and proceed to checkout. The clerk begins to ring us up and I notice that the water is coming up $6.99 a case. So I said that it was ringing up at the wrong price. Well, you would have thought I was trying to get filet mignon at ground chuck prices. They sent three different people over to check the price then a manager came and walked to the aisle to reconfirm the thrice confirmed confirmation. All the while, people behind me are getting restless and frustrated. I’m holding my ground- Mighty Good Man was ready to bolt. The manager says “well, that was last week’s special- they forgot to take down the ad” so we say oh we’ll pay the full price- and the mgr says no- “you’ll get one case for free, one case for $4.99 because it was our fault” Woo- hoo! Mighty Good Man is once again a Mighty Happy Man and in awe of my unwavering stance.

Head out the door to the car and down the road to All Star Music. Get there just as a Magical Express shows up and realize that those people on it look like they didn’t have a magically express trip. I’m thankful for my power windows, locks and the free water. I’d say I’M the one with the magical express trip. Tee- hee.

Get to the check in and the lady greets us and I explain the situation of requesting Jazz. She tells me I am indeed in Broadway, but let her see if we can be moved. A few phone calls and a few minutes later we were out the door- keys to a first floor room in the Jazz bldg in hand. We park the power lock car after driving around trying to find the correct building and finally get into the room.

Here are my thoughts on the room- it’s okay. Nothing special. The whole layout of the buildings, the big icons, the feel of the resort- it all reminds me of Pop, which we don’t like. Mighty Good Man is trying to gauge my reaction. He asks if I want to move to another hotel. He’s on this earth to make me happy, you know. I once again am standing my ground. We’ll only be here to shower and sleep I remind him and so I take a shower and fall into bed at 12:42 AM.

A nice beginning to a MAYer vacation…

Up next: The Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Liberty Tree Tavern!!!

Loving the TR Mari!

Kait, I see you checked in on Mari's TR. . . How was your trip??? How did you like POR???

Hey, where's RF???

It was good. POR was alright. Bus lines to come back from the parks were always ridiculous. I don't think we'd stay there again but like my mom said it was nice to try something different.

I plan on doing a trip report sometime...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter