MAY 12th-19th!! THESE ARE THE MAYS OF OUR LIVES! III

Status
Not open for further replies.
NC - my lunch report: I was in the North Hollywood area (San Fernando Valley) seeing a client today. Universal Studios City Walk was close by, so I decided to go and find some lunch up there. What is nice is that they will valet park your car for up to 2 hours free. Ended up at Tony Roma's and had a bbq chicken sandwich, baked potato, salad, hot bread with garlic butter and iced tea. Yum! After lunch, I walked around City Walk, it was weird, nobody was there except a few Japanese tourists. Tried to find something for my wife for her birthday tomorrow, but nothing really stood out and said "buy me!". Left City Walk about 1:30 and headed back to Santa Monica - it was about 95 in valley, as soon as I came over the hill into the Westside area, the temp dropped to 85!

That sounds fun!

I hope you find something neat for your wife's birthday. Is turning 29?

We have Tony Roma here. I really like it but it is in sort of an out of the way spot so I never think to go there.

My ds received an award today for his score on the ACT. The ceremony was very nice at UALR. We then went with another family to lunch at the Purple Cow (a local burger joint.) You can get purple milkshakes there. They are made with Yarnell's ice cream (hand-scooped.) This place is yummy!

I took my ds back to school and checked out my dd to have 2 more teeth extracted. We are done with this! Hooray! (at least for now!)

Well, I need to check on my kiddos!

WooHoo another live report!

So sad that you are going home tomorrow...sniff sniff. But glad to hear that you are having a great time. Hope you final day tomorrow at MK is a blast. Say hi to the "big cheese" for us.

hey guys ii'm here live from disquest.... i remembereed that you could use their comps for a little while....well we are sad to be going back home tommorow... but it will be ok... we have an adr tonight at CP but not sure it we will keep it. tommorow before we leaave we are heaading to MK to say bye to the mouse.... well guys will try to check in later...

NC - sorry to hear about your car.....

Yea, she is turning 29 again for the 18th time. Gosh, how does she do that?

We used to have a TR's in Santa Monica about 10 years ago. We went there for dinner one night with some friends and I swear it smelled like they just had a fire in the building. In fact, I asked the manager, did you guys have a fire? It smelled like smoke inside and he said no, nothing has happen. Well, the next day my brother calls me and tells me that TR's burnt down to the ground that night around 3 a.m.!! The FD determine that there was a smoldering electrical wires in the attic that were the cause. What is so weird is that a few days later I was telling a friend the story and he said he was at TR's eariler that day too! and he said smelled smoke in the bar area and asked the bartender also if there had been a fire in the restaurant. So weird.

Anyways, they never rebuilt it. So, the next closest one was in West LA, that closed, then we went to the one in Beverly Hills, that closed too. Now the only ones are in the Valley and Orange County. There is one directly across from DL so we walk there all the time.

That Purple Cow places sounds like a tasty place. Love that menu design and layout. I would have the chicken salad sandwich, with bacon on it, onion rings and warm apple pie al a mode.

Congrats on the award for your DS. Glad you are finished with the dentist - yuck.

That sounds fun!

I hope you find something neat for your wife's birthday. Is turning 29?

We have Tony Roma here. I really like it but it is in sort of an out of the way spot so I never think to go there.

My ds received an award today for his score on the ACT. The ceremony was very nice at UALR. We then went with another family to lunch at the Purple Cow (a local burger joint.) You can get purple milkshakes there. They are made with Yarnell's ice cream (hand-scooped.) This place is yummy!

I took my ds back to school and checked out my dd to have 2 more teeth extracted. We are done with this! Hooray! (at least for now!)

Well, I need to check on my kiddos!

Yea, she is turning 29 again for the 18th time. Gosh, how does she do that?

We used to have a TR's in Santa Monica about 10 years ago. We went there for dinner one night with some friends and I swear it smelled like they just had a fire in the building. In fact, I asked the manager, did you guys have a fire? It smelled like smoke inside and he said no, nothing has happen. Well, the next day my brother calls me and tells me that TR's burnt down to the ground that night around 3 a.m.!! The FD determine that there was a smoldering electrical wires in the attic that were the cause. What is so weird is that a few days later I was telling a friend the story and he said he was at TR's eariler that day too! and he said smelled smoke in the bar area and asked the bartender also if there had been a fire in the restaurant. So weird.

Anyways, they never rebuilt it. So, the next closest one was in West LA, that closed, then we went to the one in Beverly Hills, that closed too. Now the only ones are in the Valley and Orange County. There is one directly across from DL so we walk there all the time.

That Purple Cow places sounds like a tasty place. Love that menu design and layout. I would have the chicken salad sandwich, with bacon on it, onion rings and warm apple pie al a mode.

Congrats on the award for your DS. Glad you are finished with the dentist - yuck.

party::bday: party: Happy Birthday to your dw!!!! Turning 29 is so much fun! No matter how many times you do it!

:scared1: Burned to the ground that night! That is so scary! Wow!

Thanks for the congrats for ds. I am glad that we are finished with the dentist too!

Have a great day MAYers!

This is our big day! We leave this afternoon for Atlanta to catch the Eagles concert, then it is on to Disney World! :banana:

Have a very Disney day!

A_R: Have a wonderful time and a safe trip. Take lots of pics and video for us. We can't wait to see your trip report! :cool1:

Yeah!! I am so happy to be home. It was a nice trip. But I a tired.

It was a nice trip.

How is everyone else doing?

Hi Huggie! Welcome home! I am glad that you had such a nice trip. That is so cool you got to meet up with Shelly, Mari and Jessica. Can't wait to read you TR. Seacrest

Hi Huggie! Welcome home! I am glad that you had such a nice trip. That is so cool you got to meet up with Shelly, Mari and Jessica. Can't wait to read you TR. Seacrest

Thanks,

It was a nice trip. Although this trip we spent to much money. The dining plan is not for us anymore.

My family was chosen to ride the train with characters and throw out pixie dust to open Magic Kingdom this morning. I was hoping that a nice dIS member might happen to have taken photos/videos that they would like to share because none of the photos they took with my camera turned out.

This one is all we got, sorry it isn't better.

disney2008119.jpg

^^ Why didn't the DP not work for you?

I found it more expensive and the whole tip thing was so confusing. I mean I like to tip for good service, but We spent several hundred extra dollars and we didnt eat all the food. So I think we might just not make so many adr's. I truly am sick to my belly with all that food.

Last year, I checked out the DDP and I knew it wouldn't work out for us for two reasons: my boys are picky eaters and that would not eat three full meals plus snacks everyday for 8 days straight. I can see the value for the family if you are happy with eating all your meals at Disney. I have heard that the tipping thing is a bit confusing too from other posters on the disboards.

I found it more expensive and the whole tip thing was so confusing. I mean I like to tip for good service, but We spent several hundred extra dollars and we didnt eat all the food. So I think we might just not make so many adr's. I truly am sick to my belly with all that food.

That's how I have felt about it. That:

1. We could not possibly eat that much food. (We rarely order dessert, but we will have a snack mid afternoon and sometimes at bedtime, but not every night.)

2. Having 2 kids that would be charged as adults, it would be way to much $$$. (My dd ordered off the kids menu several times during our trip.)

We just couldn't make the $$$ work to our benefit.

We also got the DDE card which gave us money off at table service as well as meals at the Pop!

Sorry it didn't work for you guys! :sad1:

MAYers,

Tell us all about your vacation!

Can't wait to hear your trip reports!!!

Hi! It is really warm here today in SM. It is already about 78 and it feels like it might get a bit hotter. Going over to the mall today and visit the Disney to pick up a ticket for tomorrow. We are taking our friend's son, he is about 7 years old, so pray for us. :rotfl2: This is his second or third time to DL and he really wants to ride Nemo Subs so we are going to leave really early tomorrow morning (6:45 am) so that we can make the rope drop. We are also planning to meet up with some of our friends during the day so that should be fun too. I think my sister and her family are meeting up with us too. It is suppose to be like 90 there tomorrow - hopefully, if there is a slight breeze it won't be too bad.

HEY GUYS!!!!!!

WE LEFT FLORIDA THIS MORNING AND IT WAS SUNNY AND LIKE 90 DEGREES AND NOW WE'RE BACK IN CRAPPY-COLD-RAINY PITTSBURGH :headache:

OUR TRIP WAS AMAAAAAAZZZING!!!! IT WAS SO NICE AND MAGICAL AND WONDERFUL AND I CANNOT STOP GUSHING ABOUT IT!!!

I CRIED THIS MORNING GETTING ON THE ME BUS TO COME HOME... :sad1:

WE WERE THERE FOR SO LONG THAT IT REALLY STARTED TO FEEL LIKE HOME:goodvibes

I THINK THAT I SAW MARI.... BUT I COULDN'T SAY HI BECAUSE I WAS ON A BUS AND SHE WAS AT THE BUS STOP... :guilty: ... HOPEFULLY IT WAS HER THOUGH SO, WHEN SHE GETS ON SHE'LL HAVE TO TELL ME IF SHE WAS OUTSIDE THE CONTEMPORARY ON THE 14TH AROUND 8:45.... AND IF HER DD HAS A PINK STROLLER... :confused: .... THAT WOULD BE SO COOL :banana:

P.S - WE LITERALLY TOOK OVER 400 PICTURES... :rotfl: ... I'M NOT KIDDING... WE FILLED UP 2 MEMORY CARDS (1 GB) EACH

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

SO, YOU GUYS SHOULD HOPEFULLY BE GETTING SOME PICTURES OF THE WEDDING AND WDW SOON :banana:

HEY GUYS!!!!!!

WE LEFT FLORIDA THIS MORNING AND IT WAS SUNNY AND LIKE 90 DEGREES AND NOW WE'RE BACK IN CRAPPY-COLD-RAINY PITTSBURGH :headache:

OUR TRIP WAS AMAAAAAAZZZING!!!! IT WAS SO NICE AND MAGICAL AND WONDERFUL AND I CANNOT STOP GUSHING ABOUT IT!!!

I CRIED THIS MORNING GETTING ON THE ME BUS TO COME HOME... :sad1:

WE WERE THERE FOR SO LONG THAT IT REALLY STARTED TO FEEL LIKE HOME:goodvibes

I THINK THAT I SAW MARI.... BUT I COULDN'T SAY HI BECAUSE I WAS ON A BUS AND SHE WAS AT THE BUS STOP... :guilty: ... HOPEFULLY IT WAS HER THOUGH SO, WHEN SHE GETS ON SHE'LL HAVE TO TELL ME IF SHE WAS OUTSIDE THE CONTEMPORARY ON THE 14TH AROUND 8:45.... AND IF HER DD HAS A PINK STROLLER... :confused: .... THAT WOULD BE SO COOL :banana:

P.S - WE LITERALLY TOOK OVER 400 PICTURES... :rotfl: ... I'M NOT KIDDING... WE FILLED UP 2 MEMORY CARDS (1 GB) EACH

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

SO, YOU GUYS SHOULD HOPEFULLY BE GETTING SOME PICTURES OF THE WEDDING AND WDW SOON :banana:
HI RF..... YES MAAM that was me.... we were leaving from eating at Chef Mickeys..... Don't worry i took like 900 pics and like 100 on the photopass.....

sorry i have to type and run getting ready to leave for Boston... it's my sister's graduation tommorow.... i'll post some pics tommorow night if we get in early enough..... if not on Monday..... Don't worry i was crying when we left yesterday..... boo for us.... well talk to you guys tommorow....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter