May 12, 2011 dream cruise meet!!!

hawky7

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yeste
Hello all fellow DISboards cruisers!!! I know this is still a ways off, but wanted to start one now, so we can make this the BEST cruise ever!!! :thumbsup2

Its me DW (29 at time of cruising) and DH (33 at time of cruising) no kids. We will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary onboard and having a Vow Renewal as well!:lovestruc WOOHOOOO

Can't wait to meet all of you!!!!!!!!

I have added your thread to the 2011 Dream Cruise Meet list :thumbsup2

Thank you IrishCowboy- hey its coming up as 2009 on the main list? Did I input it wrong?

Hey congrats on your 10 year. You do have reason to be excited.:bride: I will keep my eyes open for a beautifully dressed woman with the biggest smile on her face. We will be on this cruise also. Myself DH and five little munchkins:grouphug: we are also bringing along DH parents. It will be the in-laws first Disney cruise but since it's a new boat I think it will feel like our first instead of our second. Well I only have a few hundred more days to prepare better get busy.:laundy:

LOL!!! I know, doesn't it seem like FOREVER away! Sorry for the delayed response, I've been busy with work, that I've had to pry myself away from the disboards, they are sooo addictive!

I am SOOO excited for the new boat!!! It looks gorgeous!!! :thumbsup2

I'm surprised we are the only ones on the thread, there must be other people on our boat right?? WHERREEEE ARREEEE YOUUUUU??? :)

Hello all fellow DISboards cruisers!!! I know this is still a ways off, but wanted to start one now, so we can make this the BEST cruise ever!!! :thumbsup2

Its me DW (29 at time of cruising) and DH (33 at time of cruising) no kids. We will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary onboard and having a Vow Renewal as well!:lovestruc WOOHOOOO

Can't wait to meet all of you!!!!!!!!

Hi, I am just subscribing so I can get updates. Will be making reservation ASAP to make sure I can get a room.

It will be me, my husband, son who is 13, daughter who will be 10, and my dad(for the Florida discount:goodvibes).

Will be our first cruise! Excited, but nervous also-scared of getting sea sick:scared1:

Also thinking of renewing our vows. Our wedding anniversary date is June 13 and next year will be our 14th:) My husband will be coming home from Afghanistan(not military-government ) in late February and this will be his coming home celebration also.

Husband has a passport. Do I need to get one for me and the kids? My dad would also have to get one if needed.

Welcome to our board TINK... It is just you and I on here for now I think, we lost our other member... Are you there poobear loves grumpy??

Have you gone through all the Cruise Disboards, there is sooo much info... It is almost overwhelming!

Okay first- you have to decorate your door!! It is soooo fun! But be sure to date and name everything so it doesn't get stolen!! ( I think I have pics of my door on fb, you can look at them )

Second- We totally have to eat at Palos together! It is adults only and $15 pp, but the only restaurant on board that charges, but it is soooooo good! ( also have pics of that on fb too! )

I still can't decide if I want to do our vow renewal or not, it is $$$$ for the onboard ceremony, and I sercretly just want to do it because if you do it on the ship or have a disney fairy tale wedding, you can add on the Magic Kindgdom photo shoot, which you get to do at 6 am before the park opens in all your wedding gear! Peoples pics are AMAZING! But that is another big chunk of money! So I haven't decided.

I'm pretty sure you have to have your passports now, but I can't quite remember if they use them or not. You'll have to check on the DisneyCruise website, it should tell you. But I'm pretty sure you do.

Oh and some disboard members do a gift exchange (called fish extender gift exchange) where you take little gifts around to all the other cabins who are particating and then you have presents when you get back to your room. I'm not sure I want to be in charge of this. I'm just volunteering to help be in charge of the cruise meet for everyone on here. Fish Extenders are way fun though!!! But sometimes people don't want to do anything for the adults, I say boo to that, I don't have kids, but I want to participate, so shouldn't I get something cool too. HAHAHAH is that selfish??

Welcome Tink and don't worry hawky I am still here. I kept my eye out but I was waiting for other posts before I replied again. It is so nice to see someone else possibly joining us. I am so excited because my oldest a girl will be eleven. I have already got some door magnets made and I have read about putting information on the back of them in case they get removed by passersby so others will know where to replace them. I am interested in the fe's but not quite sure I am ready to take up that. Hopefully we will have some others join up that have experience. So far from what I can tell it seems we have a few things in common. I am guessing our ages are all within 5 years. I am excited to find out about our differences to though. Can't wait only two hundred plus days to go and so much to do. Tink when I was on my first cruise three years ago we were all required to have passports. I am not sure if they have relaxed on that now. Good luck and happy planning.

Hello to all, This is our first cruise. We can't wait!!!! Need all the help I can get for planning will br great. We are a Fam of 4. DS will be 6 and DD will be 4!!!

YAY!!! We are up to 4 people !!! WOOOHOOO

Welcome to the Boards stbaitken1!!! Congrats on your first cruise!!! The boards are soooo helpful (and addictive!!) and you will learn so much!!! Ask away and I will do my best to answer. We have just recently booked another cruise for in 2 months (sails on Sept 30th this year), the 3 night on the Wonder, it will be our 3rd Disney cruise, and 4th cruise total. So by the time this trip rolls around it will be our 4th Disney cruise. They are soooo much fun! I can't wait to see the new ship, it looks amazing!!!

And nice to see you back PoohbearluvsGrumpy!!!

So it is me Rebekah , and my husband is Arthur. We don't have kids and we LOVE to travel. Disney is my favorite thing in the WORLD!

So a little more info on us. I am 32 dh is 35 and kids at time of cruise will be girl 11, girl 9, girl 7, boy 4, and girl 2. I have never been on a cruise without kids but that sounds like fun. I enjoy my children but my dh and I are looking forward to a cruise in the distant future that will be adults only.

It's our family's first cruise as well. Me, hubby, and 2 boys - 6 and 3 :) We are so excited!!!

Another cruiser!!! :banana: :banana: Now we are getting a group started!!! HOORAY!!!!

WELCOME

I have read so much stuff on these FE. I know what it is, but Is this where we find out how to get involved in this? Is this something that most people in the meet thread do? Please give details. I am have started to but little things here and there for my kiddos, but If this is something that we are going to do I would like to know what ? How many? all the info I can get. I am so excited about our first cruise I want it to be perfect. Thanks so much!

Yes FE gifts are something we sign up for here. I haven't started anything yet because the thread is still so slow, and we still have a ways to go. But what happens, is anyone on the thread who wants to participate can, you put the FE outside your door, and then we exchange room numbers and you give fun small gifts to the other cruisers who are participating. It is up to you if you want to do a family/room gift, or individual gifts, or whatever you want to do. Like for example, I don't have kids, so for my gift , I do something for the family, something small with candy and little goodies for kids, I change everytime we cruise.

That help??

:wave2: Hi All! :wave2:

DH (Steve 46) and I (Eva 47) just booked this cruise while on the Med cruise. This will be our 6th Disney cruise. We are really excited about seeing the new Dream. It is the main reason we are going. We were thrilled to talk with a number of CM's that will be leaving the Magic for the Dream in December. They are staying on the ship for over an entire month to get it ready for the first cruise in January.

Now the issue, which of the 5 restaurants in only 3 nights will we visit? :confused3

:wave2: Hi All! :wave2:

DH (Steve 46) and I (Eva 47) just booked this cruise while on the Med cruise. This will be our 6th Disney cruise. We are really excited about seeing the new Dream. It is the main reason we are going. We were thrilled to talk with a number of CM's that will be leaving the Magic for the Dream in December. They are staying on the ship for over an entire month to get it ready for the first cruise in January.

Now the issue, which of the 5 restaurants in only 3 nights will we visit? :confused3

WELCOME EVA!!!! :yay: So jealous that you just did the Med Cruise, we had the 11 nighter in May booked, but had to cancel, because we just couldn't figure out how to get that amount of time off of work. :sad2: The new ship looks amazing, I CAN'T wait, have you looked at the suites. I like to look and dream, and the ones on the Dream, are awesome!!! I looked at the hubby and he was like uhhhh yeah okay, did we win the lotto!?!??! HAHA! :rotfl2: But if you haven't looked at them, you gotta go check out the pics.

We are one behind you, this will be our 5th. We're going on our 3rd, in 2 weeks, then going on our 4th in January... (we are doing the cruise to nowhere from Los Angeles, soooo excited, they are only doing ONE of those cruises ever!!!) and then this will be our 5th, and our 10th anniversary on the 14th while on ship!!

WELCOME EVA!!!! :yay: So jealous that you just did the Med Cruise, we had the 11 nighter in May booked, but had to cancel, because we just couldn't figure out how to get that amount of time off of work. :sad2: The new ship looks amazing, I CAN'T wait, have you looked at the suites. I like to look and dream, and the ones on the Dream, are awesome!!! I looked at the hubby and he was like uhhhh yeah okay, did we win the lotto!?!??! HAHA! :rotfl2: But if you haven't looked at them, you gotta go check out the pics.

We are one behind you, this will be our 5th. We're going on our 3rd, in 2 weeks, then going on our 4th in January... (we are doing the cruise to nowhere from Los Angeles, soooo excited, they are only doing ONE of those cruises ever!!!) and then this will be our 5th, and our 10th anniversary on the 14th while on ship!!

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I have looked at the suites. They do look amazing. We stayed in one of the one bedrooms suites on the Wonder last year. Be careful, they do spoil you. We got a free upgrade on the Med cruise last week. We booked a cat. 6, but were upgraded to a cat. 4. We didn't think that the extra 50 sq feet would mean that much. But it did matter enough that we booked a family stateroom w/ verandah for the 3-Night in May. It may be silly with only two people, but I'm interested in seeing those round bath tubs in the family suites. They look interesting from the floorplans. And staying on the deck right below the pools was so handy. The new categories are a bit confusing. But we are on deck 10 in a cat 4A. On the Med cruise we were in the room right next to the Roy O Disney suite. The last day our room steward let us in to look around after the family left. It is something else.

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I have looked at the suites. They do look amazing. We stayed in one of the one bedrooms suites on the Wonder last year. Be careful, they do spoil you. We got a free upgrade on the Med cruise last week. We booked a cat. 6, but were upgraded to a cat. 4. We didn't think that the extra 50 sq feet would mean that much. But it did matter enough that we booked a family stateroom w/ verandah for the 3-Night in May. It may be silly with only two people, but I'm interested in seeing those round bath tubs in the family suites. They look interesting from the floorplans. And staying on the deck right below the pools was so handy. The new categories are a bit confusing. But we are on deck 10 in a cat 4A. On the Med cruise we were in the room right next to the Roy O Disney suite. The last day our room steward let us in to look around after the family left. It is something else.

Ohhhh soooooo jealous!!!! I can't believe you got to see the Roy suite, did you take pictures...everytime we walk by it, we touch the door, that's about as close as we've gotten to getting inside!! HHAAHH!! I haven't really looked at the other staterooms on the new ship, we just have a regular verandah room, is the family room have a better tub? I'm a sucker for a good tub, I'll be honest. I keep saying, (for our upcoming cruise end of the month) we should all just chip in and book the Walt or Roy suite, and then we could all just bunk together. LOL!! :lmao: :lmao: Actually most people weren't completely against it, although not having kids, I wouldn't want to share that room with children! :rotfl2:

Ohhhh soooooo jealous!!!! I can't believe you got to see the Roy suite, did you take pictures...everytime we walk by it, we touch the door, that's about as close as we've gotten to getting inside!! HHAAHH!! I haven't really looked at the other staterooms on the new ship, we just have a regular verandah room, is the family room have a better tub? I'm a sucker for a good tub, I'll be honest. I keep saying, (for our upcoming cruise end of the month) we should all just chip in and book the Walt or Roy suite, and then we could all just bunk together. LOL!! :lmao: :lmao: Actually most people weren't completely against it, although not having kids, I wouldn't want to share that room with children! :rotfl2:

I feel pretty stupid. We didn't even think to grab the camera before heading to the the Roy O suite. I was so grateful to our room steward. She knocked on our door around 8:00 am and I was about ready to say that we would be heading out in about 10 minutes when she asked if we would like to have a tour of the suite. The service on our cruise was so unbelievable!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter