max time limit for timeshare presentation in Florida?

We did one to get money for Tickets. It said 90 minutes. So we told the kids why and what we were going to do. Visit this for about 90 minutes. Well my dd says mom is 90 minutes up yet!! Then ds says ya we are tired and just want the Disney tickets!!

We have done many timeshare tours and bought a wyndym/fairfeild
timeshare a couple of years ago resale.we like to be polite as long as
they are and after an hour or so let them know its not going to happen
we will not be buying thanks anyway.I find that most become around 2 hours
of time but most are also at least 100 bucks for that time.Did a great one
in myrtle beach last year that was worth like 180 and we were gone in
under 90 minutes.we try to travel 3 to 5 weeks a year and this is
several hundred bucks towards expenses.timeshares are a nice vacation
tool but imo resale is the way to go.

I know this thread is a couple weeks out of date, but I wanted to jump in because we did the same exact time share deal at the Vistana Villages and it was really a great experience. The resort is beautiful and the presentation, at least for us, was very low pressure. You meet in a cafeteria type room and have coffee, danishes, etc. a sales person will introduce themselves, etc. You then will go sit in at a desk with your sales person. The kids can go play in a very secure, monitored area with video games, etc. I had no qualms about leaving my ds there (he was 6 on our first trip, and 7 1/2 on our second - yes we went back, but more on that in a bit). As I said, our sales guy was very low pressure and the whole thing took maybe an hour. We got our $100 in cash and were free to go. We DID, however, accept an offer to get a Starwood Amex and signed up for the "Explorer Package", which was, I think, $1400 for another four night stay in a 2 bedroom villa, with a total of (if memory serves) 42,000 starpoints added to our account. In retrospect, I'm not sure if I would have done that again, because I regretted a little bit that we had to split our stay again on our second trip to disney (1/2 on-site and half at the vistana villages). But, I freaking LOVE the amex. I run everything through that puppy and am now up to 82,000 starpoints and am planning on staying free at the Swan or Dolphin on our next trip (they are 10,000 starpoints per night for a free stay).

We went back for our second trip this past October and the 2 bedroom villa was gorgeous. The sales pitch was definitely harder this time, but Starwood is a pretty classy operation and there's no real sneaky tactics. Just stick to your guns and you're fine. We weren't buying no matter what.

All in all, we had a great experience with them, both times.

Wow....thanks monarchgirl for helping us relax somewhat on what to expect. I have been dealing with Sheraton (Starwood) for years now on business travel and have been pleased with service and overall experience. Remains to be seen if this will be the case at Sheraton Vistana Villages.

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter