matte, gloss or lustre???

matte, gloss or lustre???

• matte

• gloss

• lustre

Results are only viewable after voting.
i print using ilford galerie smooth pearl (lustre) paper because it works well with my pigment based r2400. the images look and feel like the prints i get from the lab. i do this for a majority of my work.

there are some high contrast mono images i print and mount uncovered (for offices, etc.) that i print on matte rag such as ilford galerie fine art.

I think it depends on the photo as well as what you really prefer...
I like matte on alot of my photos (kids, family shots, certain backgrounds) but when it comes to Disney world I prefer the gloss for most of my shots... Also if I have a black and white or a sepia I never go w/ gloss I always go w/ lustre or matte.... I dont know why I just prefer it that way! :)

Lustre is my first choice. Really, I only ever order lustre or metallic (which is awesome on the right pic). Clients also get lustre, unless they specifically request something else.

I just started using lustre in my Epson R1800, which is pigment-based like the R2400. I like the results a lot more than glossy. Sometimes I find the glossy to be a bit distracting. I think lustre does truly look and feel more like lab prints than the glossies do. However, for larger things, like 13X19 poster-sized prints, I often use matte to give it more of an artwork-like appearance. But for everyday 4X6 snapshots, I'm sold on lustre.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!