Matching Shirts: lame or cute?

Matching shirts...

• Lame

• Cute

Results are only viewable after voting.
I was so happy to see that that majority voted for cute. In the proper place they certainly can be cute and fun.

A few years back when I planned, and I might add paid for, an 11 person family trip to WDW, I suggested that I would like to get some matching T's for us. I got shot down so bad that I still leak when I drink liquids.

Everyone thought it would be lame. I find that sad. It's Disney World, a place where you are supposed to have fun, yet they got so hung up on what they thought others would think about them, that they didn't let themselves be free and have fun for the moment.

Oh, well! Maybe in my next life my family will humor me and let me get some t-shirts for us all.

If you pay for our trip my family & I will wear whatever shirt you ask us to wear!

I vote cute. :)

I made some matching (or at least personalized) shirts last year and have done the same this year.

Check-in day (coming from another resort) we all have personalized name fill shirts with Mickey & the gang.

Hollywood Studios, DH has a funny Phineas and Ferb shirt, I have a Tangled Mickey head and our boys have Neverland Pirates name fills.

Rest Day, we all have Incredibles name fills.

Animal Kingdom, we all have Mickey Safari theme.

So basically the days I DIDN'T think we'd be getting many pictures. For our MK days we have character breakfasts and I wanted us all to look nice for the pictures. :)

I was shocked when DH was excited to hear I was making shirts this year. I had figured he'd just humored me last year!

I vote cute!
Especially with larger groups, or smaller kids, it makes it easier to find everyone if they get separated by a little bit.

Also they make pictures look super awesome!

I'd say do them for one day of the trip, like, Magic Kingdom, and then wear whatever for the other days.

Not exactly matching shirts but...

a few years ago we got the family of 10 together for a mid December Disney trip. It was my mom, my dad, us three girls and then our various boyfriends and spouses and my niece and nephew. We didn't go to a MVMCP but there was one night at the MK that we all wore these awful Christmas sweaters and tshirts that my Grandmother had purchased for us three grandkids over the years (and yes, a Christmas tshirt that had been purchased for 3 girls under 12 actually fit my somewhat large dad. the sizes just always added to the awfulness).

Imagine the Christmas sweaters that have cats with santa hats with real cotton balls for the santa hat tassel and so on. My BIL had a great time wearing his way too tiny shirt.

We got big group family pictures in front of the castle on the tree on main street and I think those are my favorite pictures of the trip.

We even framed a copy and gave it to my grandmother.

The CMs all loved our shirts and we had a great time running around in them.

Matching shirts don't have to be awful, you just need to know how to have fun in them. :thumbsup2

It's great for you guys who enjoy it but I would not be happy at Disney or anywhere else in matching t-shirts. It sounds like something my sister in law would try to bully the whole family into doing if we went with them.

We do shirts for our family trips. Each of the four families have a different color but the same Disney icon and message. DH & I do white. We wear them for our family pix which usually becomes my Xmas card. We taken the picture in front of the castle, the EPCOT ball, the sorcerer hat and the tree of life. Still deciding where to take this year's picture.

Definitely cute - but we only do matching shirts for Disney trips. I like our tie dye mickey shirts the best. They look good and it is easy to quickly see everyone in your group!

I vote hot, in the miserable, sticky , smelly way.
Since discovering moisture wicking UA type shirts, cotton T's are so uncomfortable looking.

I think it's cute...or "cool". I think the more creative you get with it is good, like some of the photos on this thread where the shirts sort of match but not exactly, like similar shirts with a theme.

I bought my mom and I matching Mickey and Minnie shirts off the Disney website when they went on sale for $12 apiece recently...couldn't beat that! But when the two of us go I do not want to match every day. I'd like to make us special handmade shirts that celebrate our first trip but am fighting laziness and lack of ideas.

It'd also make finding family members easier, I imagine, especially if you lost a kid you could just tell the CM "They're wearing a shirt that looks like this!"

Cute.
familytripshirt.jpg

IMO, more cute than lame. I found nice artwork on Etsy, Mickey heads with a stylized character, and she even has my favorite, Lucifer the cat from Cinderella, but am having trouble convincing DH that matching (even for 1 day!) is not lame. A year to convince him!

I voted cute, but not as an everyday thing. Maybe one day out of the trip to get some fun group pics, but the rest of the days everyone shows off their own style. :goodvibes

I couldn't agree more with this statement. Our family never wears matching outfits however, I was able to get my girls to wear the same Halloween T-shirt as myself for our MNSSHP party while DH is wearing a different one.....the girls and I will be having on a Minnie Mouse T where Minnie is dressed as Bride of Frankenstein while DH is wearing a Mickey T where he is dressed as Dracula (got them at the Disney Store) :goodvibes. Now any other time, we all wear what we want to.

But to answer the OP's question, I voted for cute....but only in Disney :goodvibes.

I think it is cute! It surprises me every year that my husband goes along with it. This year I am making one set of shirts. I'm doing the spray bleach Mickey design, not sure how to explain it. Our shirts will be different colors. We always take our trips during college football season, so on game day we wear our team shirts around Disney. I think it adds to the fun!

I didn't read through the whole thread so if something similar was mentioned, I apologize!

I bought "lady and the tramp" shirts for DH and me. Mine is gray and says Lady with a paw print and his is navy blue and says Tramp with a paw print. I can't believe he agreed to wear them!

I didn't vote; if there was a 'both' or 'neither', I might have gone for that.

I guess I think of it as a more practical matter. Especially with little kids, dressing them in a matching bright shirt makes it easier to find them if they get away. If the adult(s) are also wearing the same, it makes it easier for the kid to find the adults.

Other than that, it seems kind of lame to me...more an advertisement for yourself than anything else. I have seen some clever ones, but there's plenty of lousy ones out there too.

I've always liked matching shirts/outfits.

My Mom used to sew "mother/daughter" dresses for us when I was a child.

And she and I bought the same dressy top to wear with black skirts for the cruise we went on together. We got some "looks", but also some nice comments too. I had suggested it, because I knew she would love it. :)

I'd love to have matching shirts for my upcoming WDW trip with DD, but I don't think she would like it. I think she would agree to it out of duty, so I never even asked her about it.

While I do enjoy matching shirts for one or two days, on our last trip my girlfriend insisted on and made all of us (9 people) a different matching shirt for each day. Dh and dd was okay with it but ds wore a hoodie everyday OVER the shirt!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter