Matching Shirts: lame or cute?

Matching shirts...

• Lame

• Cute

Results are only viewable after voting.
Still lame... (new for 2013)
1187119_10201692716376572_1326150810_n.jpg

My youngest daughter spent the better part of a week before vacation making specialized shirts for each one of us in our family of 5. She has done this for the last several trips to WDW and I have to say it's one of my favorite parts of the trip because she keeps the process totally secret from everyone! Her shirts have drawn attention from everyone from park strangers and restaurant managers to hotel staff and checkin personnel at the Polynesian. She adds our favorite character and ride names on the front of the shirt and then firework bursts on the back with our nicknames. Thanks Annie! I really loved my Mickey head this year. You did a great job!

Great idea for families!! I was shocked that my group of 7 all wanted matching shirts.

My youngest daughter spent the better part of a week before vacation making specialized shirts for each one of us in our family of 5. She has done this for the last several trips to WDW and I have to say it's one of my favorite parts of the trip because she keeps the process totally secret from everyone! Her shirts have drawn attention from everyone from park strangers and restaurant managers to hotel staff and checkin personnel at the Polynesian. She adds our favorite character and ride names on the front of the shirt and then firework bursts on the back with our nicknames. Thanks Annie! I really loved my Mickey head this year. You did a great job!

That's really nice! Well done, Annie!:goodvibes:wizard:

We love matching shirts!!! Funny story though. Our very first Disney family trip I told my husband of the idea and he was totally against it. So for that trip I made the rest of us the tyedye mickeyhead shirts and didn't make one for him. He saw how good they looked and finally gave in...the day before the trip! So I had to rush to make him one last minute. I also made us some blue ringer shirts that I printed a Mickey head ice cream bar on the front then on the back I put a different saying of what we would do for a mickeyhead ice cream bar (like the old Klondike bar commercials). On dh's I put "will wear matching shirts for Mickey ice cream bar" he got a lot of laughs while there. The rest of the days we would all dress coordinating. Like we would all wear different shades of blue polo shirts, etc. so we get home and DH is going nuts over the pictures. He now tells everyone that it's lame but the pictures look so good! He's all like "we need to all wear he exact same shirt every day!" this year will disappoint him though. We have 3 sons and the oldest is 12. He is too cool for matching shirts. So this year I stalked the sales at Disney store. I collect shirts for us that all coordinate but aren't the same. Like I day they are all blue beachy shirts. Another day they are all gray shirts with some sort of Mickey on them (Mickey wearing beats headphones for the 12 yo). That sort of thing. One day it's all star wars for our HS day. His site also has some unique disney shirts:

Www. Sugaredink.com

I think matching clothes serves a good purpose when taking kids to a crowded place like WDW - there's no forgetting what the kid had on today if s/he gets lost.

I could do without the variation on the Thing #1 and Thing #2 shirts that replace "Thing" with a word I can't type on this board that starts with a B. But I mostly saw those at Universal, not WDW, thank goodness.

I voted lame because I think it's kind of weird. I could see if it wear Disney related but the bright orange or green shirts are eyesores and we just roll our eyes. MHO.

Katie

We do the matching shirts since the smallest group we have been with is 6. It miss it easier to keep up with others, especially the kiddos. We have a friend that goes with us & he is NOT a matching shirt guy until Disney. He saw how easy it was to keep up with everyone & of course he enjoyed the group pictures. For our trip this October I will be doing matching shirts for everyone. One day we do school spirit day - adults wear shirts from the college they graduated & the kids wear either their current school shirts or the schools they plan to go to college.

No way would my 3 boys do matching disney shirts!!
BUT, I did get them all to wear matching Red Sox Shirts, Bruins Shirts & then USA shirts (we were there Memorial Day) w/my youngest wearing a Boston Strong. The photos look great. For the other days they could wear whatever they liked.

I was so happy to see that that majority voted for cute. In the proper place they certainly can be cute and fun.

A few years back when I planned, and I might add paid for, an 11 person family trip to WDW, I suggested that I would like to get some matching T's for us. I got shot down so bad that I still leak when I drink liquids.

Everyone thought it would be lame. I find that sad. It's Disney World, a place where you are supposed to have fun, yet they got so hung up on what they thought others would think about them, that they didn't let themselves be free and have fun for the moment.

Oh, well! Maybe in my next life my family will humor me and let me get some t-shirts for us all.

I think my teen boys would rather have their braces tightened & dh would rather have root canal....

It's cute for kids under 10, adults not so much. ;)

jmho

Lame and cute at the same time. I think it works for some families. Cutest thing I saw was a group of grandkids with "Thing 1", "Thing 2" etc... and the grandparents had a shirt that said "Grandparents of Things"

I would give anything if my boys would do matching shirts! I love seeing families dressed up for the Halloween party. My older kids think they are too cool to dress up! How can you be over dressing up for a Halloween party at the ripe old age of 9! One day when they are working full time, paying mortgages and taxes, they will think otherwise. To the new Moms out there, cherish those young years with your children. They go by in the blink of an eye!

Definitely cute... At WDW of course... but also DCL. lol!! :)

I have lots of fun with this. It's usually just me and DS9... We have the cutest DCL shirts that are no longer available for purchase. We wear them on the day of our cruise and the day we return to WDW. Nice conversation piece.

We also have super cool Star Wars weekend shirts back from 2010. Mine and DHs are black and DSs is Maroon. Same image on front though. We've had several people comment on these as well. :)

The only shirts we have that exactly match for the three of us are the MNSSHP shirts from 2010. Which I plan to use for the party this year as our costume. :)

OK , coming from a 275lb X football player.

ITS WDW!!! Its about making memories with your family. It about building bonds/friendships between your kids. It is about togetherness.

My teens fight enough at home. When we are WDW they "never" fight. OK, well not as much, couple times but not like at home.

WDW is a magical place , where we have fun together as a family. Leaving home all the stress and relaxing.

Matching shirts SURE , why not.
We can turn on you tube videos, and look at old pics from early trips and you can just see their eyes light up.

ITS WDW HAVE FUN!!! :thumbsup2

Now at home, going to town, mall, shopping etc. NO matching shirts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter