Matching Shirts: lame or cute?

Matching shirts...

• Lame

• Cute

Results are only viewable after voting.

BensWife

DIS Veteran
We will be a party of 7 (DH, DS6, DS4, Me, My parents and my brother). Thinking about getting matching shirts.

I voted cute, but not as an everyday thing. Maybe one day out of the trip to get some fun group pics, but the rest of the days everyone shows off their own style. :goodvibes

I voted cute but I think that Disney is the only place to get away with it. We had matching shirts the first day but then after we wore what we want. Whenever possible I do the same style but different colors so we don't completely match

Anywhere but Disney, I would say 100% lame.

However, WDW has it's own rules :thumbsup2 ;) and it seems to work there. Plus it makes it easy to find everyone when they all have the same shirt.

As the PP said, I wouldn't do it every day... and personally I wouldn't do it at all but I do think it's cute seeing other families matching. Just adds to the fun atmosphere.

Dan

When the kids were young I think it was cute. It also helped us become Family of the Day for Soarin'. Now that they are teens, I think it might be too dorky. LOL I might be able to get one day out of them. Hmmm

On the band field trip it will be a must. We are taking 36 middle school band students and need to be able to identify them all. They are having Tshirts made for them for each day.

Voted cute!! We do it 1-2 times per trip. On our trip last week, there were 9 of us (2 families) and we had two days where we all had homemade matching shirts!!!

These:

3fcfcece49e149960dace85052a7570e_zpsa5715ebf.jpg

And these:

b3b1c8c692da212355b61941c589078a_zps333e4086.jpg

The other family had these shirts too - it was a scene, but so much fun!!!

We will be a party of 7 (DH, DS6, DS4, Me, My parents and my brother). Thinking about getting matching shirts.

Santa brought us matching shirts to wear for our first day during our upcoming trip. He put all the things we love & some new things we are going to do on the front of the shirt. This is the only way my DH & DS13 would wear matching shirts. (And I think THEY think its sorta cool). I did get Star Wars themed shirts for all of us to wear to SWW. DS is VERY excited about that!

I think it's super cute but only in disney!!!! I have teens so we will do it one or 2 days and they should be fine since I said we can just rock our Red Sox shirts!

Depends on the shirt. In November 2012, there were 7 of us, and each wore a shirt of a dwarf on our MK day. Tho it wasn't my idea, I was OK with them. I hate those bright colored ones that are 100% identical.

My family (even the teen boy!) likes to match. (but only at WDW). Just anecdotal evidence - but we seem to fight less when we have them on!

My favorite was this one...

935165_10151354891206459_312910862_n.jpg

From a practical standpoint, matching shirts has made it easy to find our group in a large crowd. Plus it is fun to design and make them!

These:

3fcfcece49e149960dace85052a7570e_zpsa5715ebf.jpg

I really like these. Did you make them? Are they just iron on Mickey heads?

Thanks! I did make them. I tie dyed the shirts and then painted the Mickey heads on (with stencils that DH cut for me) and then used fabric glitter on all of the girls Mickey heads! I was very happy with how they came out, especially since it was my first time doing tie dye! :goodvibes

At Disney , yes matching shirts are great. We match daily including travel days.

Makes for great conversations also.

My sister and I (both 40-somethings with no shame :rotfl2:) wear 'Sisters Trip' matching t-shirts for a day every time we go, so I voted cute. It's just something to do for fun, and CMs always comment. We've had some great conversations because of our shirts.

Lame, sorry. Personally, those boxy T-shirts aren't flattering on many women, especially myself. For the sake of photos, though, I can see asking everyone in the party to wear a light shirt of their choosing (or red or green or ....). I get that matching shirts are a family togetherness thing. At least, I hope that's what it is. ;) Otherwise, that's a whole lot of men who are OK dressing like their wives, and grown women who are happy to be stylin' like their children. Heehee.

P.S. I would be thrilled to wear one of those posted above! Wow! They are a far cry from the 50 identical awful yellow shirts we were required to wear-with-a-smile at the family reunion, blech.

Sometimes I've had my girls wear actual matching outfits (although usually not Disney themed) but I pretty much always have them wear the same basic color shirt even if it a different style. I also usually have about the same color shirt on. They are five years apart (7,12) but only about 4 inches apart in height. The reason I have them wear same color shirts is to make it easier for me to keep track of them. If I know we're all wearing red it is just easier... or blue, or purple, or whatever. It makes it easier for them also.

Depends on the shirt. In November 2012, there were 7 of us, and each wore a shirt of a dwarf on our MK day. Tho it wasn't my idea, I was OK with them. I hate those bright colored ones that are 100% identical.

We did the same thing on our trip in 2011, except there were only 6 of us, so one dwarf got left out. It was my SIL's idea, but I was okay with them too. We also had different color shirts. On the Sunday we were at Epcot we all wore our football jerseys as we were there in December.

I agree completely that I wouldn't want to do this every day or anywhere outside of a place like Disney World. I also like the idea of personalizing each shirt to the person wearing it. I'm not sure I would want completely identical shirts, although if I was with a large school group or something similar I could understand it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter