MasterCard gift card question

lilmape

Mouseketeer
My kiddos received MasterCard gift cards for Christmas. We have not used them and I was wondering if you can buy store or Disney gift cards with MasterCard or Visa gift cards. We are surprising them with a trip to Disney this year and I’d love to have Disney cards as souvenir money for them.

You can. I've done it online through the disney store but I know others have done it in store. As long as the store lets you buy gc with a credit card you can use them.

You can. I've done it online through the disney store but I know others have done it in store. As long as the store lets you buy gc with a credit card you can use them.

Are the Disney gift cards sold at the Disney Store (shop Disney) now universal where they can be used at Disney Parks as well as at Disney Store? Previously, I know there were separate gift cards for the Disney Store and for Disney Parks. I ask because when I see some of the third party gift card sites selling Disney Store cards, they all seem to now look like the Disney Parks cards.

Are the Disney gift cards sold at the Disney Store (shop Disney) now universal where they can be used at Disney Parks as well as at Disney Store? Previously, I know there were separate gift cards for the Disney Store and for Disney Parks. I ask because when I see some of the third party gift card sites selling Disney Store cards, they all seem to now look like the Disney Parks cards.

The ones I've bought online have been. I haven't bought any at a physical store. You have to read it all to make sure you are buying what you want.

The ones I've bought online have been. I haven't bought any at a physical store. You have to read it all to make sure you are buying what you want.

Based on your post, I went to the shopDisney site and it does appear that there is now only one universal card that can be used at pretty much anything Disney. That may have changed when they created shopDisney and I just missed it.

I wonder if sams club would let me use multiple forms of payment. I have two $50 MasterCard gift cards and then I’d pay the rest.

I wonder if sams club would let me use multiple forms of payment. I have two $50 MasterCard gift cards and then I’d pay the rest.

I've used up to 4 Walmart gift cards and a credit card to make one payment. I've not tried to use the MC gift cards (debit cards) for payment. Worst case, you could convert your MC gift cards to walmart gift cards if need be.

They can just use the Mastercard gift cards in the park. There's no need to go the extra step of turning them into Disney gift cards.

They can just use the Mastercard gift cards in the park. There's no need to go the extra step of turning them into Disney gift cards.

I don’t want to have to keep track of what’s on the card. With the MasterCard they have to enter the exact amount that you’re paying or it will declined where the Disney gift card would just deduct the entire amount and you would be left to pay the overage.

I don’t want to have to keep track of what’s on the card. With the MasterCard they have to enter the exact amount that you’re paying or it will declined where the Disney gift card would just deduct the entire amount and you would be left to pay the overage.

That depends on the retailer. I used a card at Zaxby's and it was completely declined. Went to Kroger 15 minutes later, and the Mastercard GC took $11.69 off, leaving me with the cash balance to pay.

That depends on the retailer. I used a card at Zaxby's and it was completely declined. Went to Kroger 15 minutes later, and the Mastercard GC took $11.69 off, leaving me with the cash balance to pay.

I've run into this before as well. You have to have funds available for the entire purchase, because the merchant doesn't allow "split purchases." Not accepting "split purchases" is a good way for merchants to make money.

This is why I ask people not to give me gift cards, but cash instead.

If it were me I would just use the GC yourself on things you already intended to buy and then just give your kids the cash. I find these GCs a bit of a pain. I use them on things that I would never need to return and would require a credit back to the card. I get these periodically as little bonuses from work and only use them at places like the grocery, dry cleaners, fast food establishments, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter